~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
_worship_.gif

You rock amandagram!!!! That looks.....scrumptious!

Thanks Jackie...that is a pic of breakfast my lovely husband fixed for me like the 3rd day I was in Jordan. I absolutely LOVED it!! I haven't had a breakfast like that in over 6 months... :crying: Hopefully soon I will get to have a breakfast like that again when my hubby makes it here (I am praying he will be able to bring some of those items when he comes because they were made by his mom & we can't get them here!!)

Could you describe what everything is? :P

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

_worship_.gif

Thanks Jackie...that is a pic of breakfast my lovely husband fixed for me like the 3rd day I was in Jordan. I absolutely LOVED it!! I haven't had a breakfast like that in over 6 months... :crying: Hopefully soon I will get to have a breakfast like that again when my hubby makes it here (I am praying he will be able to bring some of those items when he comes because they were made by his mom & we can't get them here!!)

Ok, its a bit tricky to remember all the names of the things in Arabic, so I will tell you what it is in english...seriously I can't remember what the stuff was called except the spice mixture:

Ok there are eggs, stuffed eggplant (has been stored in olive oil), two kinds of olives, olive oil (as a dipping element) & manageesh (spice mixture of thyme & sesame seeds---you dip your bread in the olive oil, then in the spices), labaneh (kind of like a yogurt) and the white balls, as I understand it, are some type of sour cream that has been pressed somehow into balls & stored in olive oil. I loved everything except the olives (home grown & homemade of course!). :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, its a bit tricky to remember all the names of the things in Arabic, so I will tell you what it is in english...seriously I can't remember what the stuff was called except the spice mixture:

Ok there are eggs, stuffed eggplant (has been stored in olive oil), two kinds of olives, olive oil (as a dipping element) & manageesh (spice mixture of thyme & sesame seeds---you dip your bread in the olive oil, then in the spices), labaneh (kind of like a yogurt) and the white balls, as I understand it, are some type of sour cream that has been pressed somehow into balls & stored in olive oil. I loved everything except the olives (home grown & homemade of course!). :)

Umm Amanda i think. in moroc we had warm milk, coffee ( i dont drink coffee ) and bread with like jelly and butter. ..... oh and cheese. some of the bread was plain ( in a brisque type ) and the other had nutbutter / chocolate inside. Now this is my favorite ummmmmm

Oh and amanda i love this picture it is very nice. Can you describe the seen for us? thank you mabrook

Edited by mohammedwalks

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Comments : My application was touched atleast 12 times before getting to NVC

01/04/09: Went to senators office to speak to them about an inquiry into my case.

01/06.09: Senators office send letter of inquiry to UNCIS CSC.

02/18/09: Called USCIS asked for service request

02/21/09: Recieved letter from USCIS that im in security checks :( and to call beck in 6 nonths..... WOW

02/25/09: APPPRROOVVVVAAALLLL NOA2 Alhumduallah

03/05/09: NVC receives papers

03/06/09: NVC send papers to counsulate

03/12/09: Counsulate have papers

03/27/09: Packet 3

04/02/09: Doctors (everything is a-okay0

04/28/09: Interview

04/28/09: AP ( need nothing further will call when able to proceed

05/04/09: Counsulate call and tell her to come 05/06/09 to counsulate for appointment? Told to bring passport......Is this the day???

05/06/09: Second interview (everything went well) Counsulate keep passport

05/07/09: Call from counsulate to pick up visa tomorrow

05/08/09: VIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA IN HAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUAAALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

05/19/09: Inshallah my hobi will be in my arms!

age.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hey everyone!

Amanda, the countdown is still on.. i hope it flies by quickly! As usual, you have a new "the cutest couple on VJ" pics hee

your breakfast looks so yummy! Soon you can enjoy hubby made breakfasts again :luv:

Olivia,

good news all around eh? new plans that involve living by the beach :dancing:, finally his release papers in hand.. i bet you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders!

Mariah,

That sucks, but im glad he's on his way now :D

emily,

I hope your husband gets out of his funk soon and you get to see some sunshine soon...rainy days taht go on and on always bum me out too

Jackie,

:luv:

Moh,

when's the arrival date planned? any big wedding party plans to make? or just a little shindig when she gets here?

Zarqa,

I hope you are feeling better and good luck on the interview hun

Beth,

I hope the RFE is nothing major and you can get it off to them quickly. At least an RFE means they are looking at it. Usually an approval follows quickly there after.

anyone that I missed, sorry but I hope your wait is not long and may the couch be comfy heh

Y is sleeping now. He's finally on our time, I think. We've just been relaxing, working in the yard.. regular life stuff :wub: which is so damn nice!! I go back to work on friday :(

I think Im going to suprise him with a picnic today.

((((everyone)))) :handshake: for Moh :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
_worship_.gif

Thanks! The stuff you call manageesh I buy from Penzey's spices and they call it Zatar. I spread oil on bread, sprinkle on the zatar and toast in the oven. Yummy. Or I mix it with the oil and dip the bread that way. Interesting breakfast. Different from the sweet or heavy breakfasts that are usually eaten here.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

_worship_.gif

Thanks! The stuff you call manageesh I buy from Penzey's spices and they call it Zatar. I spread oil on bread, sprinkle on the zatar and toast in the oven. Yummy. Or I mix it with the oil and dip the bread that way. Interesting breakfast. Different from the sweet or heavy breakfasts that are usually eaten here.

Childress...that is exactly what they do in Jordan with it...spread oil & the spice mix on bread and toast it. It really is wonderful. I brought some of the spices back with me and my family tried it over Christmas...you should have seen all my family members dipping their pita in the oil & then trying the spices....lol...a lot of them didn't like it. Some of them said it tasted like dirt and some of them said it tasted like ashes! Lol They thought I was playing a trick on them to see how many of them I could get to eat "dirt" by calling it a Jordanian food. Lol.

hey everyone!

Amanda, the countdown is still on.. i hope it flies by quickly! As usual, you have a new "the cutest couple on VJ" pics hee

your breakfast looks so yummy! Soon you can enjoy hubby made breakfasts again :luv:

Olivia,

good news all around eh? new plans that involve living by the beach :dancing:, finally his release papers in hand.. i bet you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders!

Mariah,

That sucks, but im glad he's on his way now :D

emily,

I hope your husband gets out of his funk soon and you get to see some sunshine soon...rainy days taht go on and on always bum me out too

Jackie,

:luv:

Moh,

when's the arrival date planned? any big wedding party plans to make? or just a little shindig when she gets here?

Zarqa,

I hope you are feeling better and good luck on the interview hun

Beth,

I hope the RFE is nothing major and you can get it off to them quickly. At least an RFE means they are looking at it. Usually an approval follows quickly there after.

anyone that I missed, sorry but I hope your wait is not long and may the couch be comfy heh

Y is sleeping now. He's finally on our time, I think. We've just been relaxing, working in the yard.. regular life stuff :wub: which is so damn nice!! I go back to work on friday :(

I think Im going to suprise him with a picnic today.

((((everyone)))) :handshake: for Moh :D

((((Lisa)))) Good to hear from you!!! I'm glad Yazied has adjusted to the time difference. He did a good job of it! When I got back from Jordan it took me over a month to adjust back to the time here. I was waking up at like 3 am here for days!

I bet its really wonderful to just do "everyday things" with your hubby!

Thanks again for your photo comment! :) I hope to have some news ones of us on here really soon---USA pics!!! :) I think its about 34 days now until the interview....tick tock! Have fun on your picnic today and don't be a stranger to us here on the couch!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

OK everyone I have NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The consulate called my husband today and told him to send his passport and said that they will send it back to him with his visa within 1 to 2 weeks!!!!!

I'm so excited, but now I gotta figure out what airline to use.......he wants to fly direct EgyptAir to JFK, then connect to Tulsa, but I don't know how to go about this.........

Any thoughts?

The consulate called my husband today and told him to send his passport and said that they will send it back to him with his visa within 1 to 2 weeks!!!!!

I'm so excited, but now I gotta figure out what airline to use.......he wants to fly direct EgyptAir to JFK, then connect to Tulsa, but I don't know how to go about this.........

Any thoughts?

Congrats Emily!!! That is so great! :thumbs:

As for the ticket...I would either call the airline or fine EgyptAir's website and see what options they have there. Most of the time they give those connection options when you go through their website.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

:dance: Emily!! thats AWESOME

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

Any thoughts?

Congrats Emily!

He can contact EgyptAir himself there in Egypt...it would be much easier for him to arrange the flight and connections, etc. We used British Airways...but they connect in London and then direct to Phoenix. So only one connection....its a great airline. Not sure how that would work for Tulsa. (F) (personally I hate EgyptAir...it was a horrible experience that I will never repeat again...no matter what the cost! LOL :P )

Timeline

Any thoughts?

Congrats Emily!

He can contact EgyptAir himself there in Egypt...it would be much easier for him to arrange the flight and connections, etc. We used British Airways...but they connect in London and then direct to Phoenix. So only one connection....its a great airline. Not sure how that would work for Tulsa. (F) (personally I hate EgyptAir...it was a horrible experience that I will never repeat again...no matter what the cost! LOL :P )

I flew EgyptAir from London to Cairo and didn't have any problems, but my husband has never flown before....he wanted a direct flight into the US. I'm hoping that he can just go to the airline there and get everything arranged, from Cairo to Tulsa, and pay cash. I can't use my debit card, since I am not one of the passengers, and they will ask for the cardholder's id. What was your experience with EgyptAir?

By the way...I've been meaning to tell you....your babies are ADORABLE, absolutely darling. I can't wait to start a family with my husband.

Any thoughts?

Congrats Emily!

I flew EgyptAir from London to Cairo and didn't have any problems, but my husband has never flown before....he wanted a direct flight into the US. I'm hoping that he can just go to the airline there and get everything arranged, from Cairo to Tulsa, and pay cash. I can't use my debit card, since I am not one of the passengers, and they will ask for the cardholder's id. What was your experience with EgyptAir?

By the way...I've been meaning to tell you....your babies are ADORABLE, absolutely darling. I can't wait to start a family with my husband.

Awww...thank you! (F) They are so much fun and its amazing how time has flown...they are turning 1 year soon.

As for EgyptAir...The people working on the plane were pleasant but first, I was shocked at how crappy the plane was and smelly (I could smell cigarette smoke but then again I was 5 months pregnant...I could smell everything...yuck!). The seats were less roomy and pretty crappy was well as compared to BritishAirways, US planes, Royal Jordanian and a few others. After all this, they lost my luggage *ugghh* and it took them 1 week to actually find it and get it to me. So I was less than happy with the experience. But mostly, if I'm paying good money for a long flight such as that...I expect my own can of soda not a dixie cup out of a two liter ( :rofl: ), clean seats and bathrooms. It was a mess in my opinion...maybe I just had a crew that had a bad day! :devil:

Timeline

Any thoughts?

Congrats Emily!

Awww...thank you! (F) They are so much fun and its amazing how time has flown...they are turning 1 year soon.

As for EgyptAir...The people working on the plane were pleasant but first, I was shocked at how crappy the plane was and smelly (I could smell cigarette smoke but then again I was 5 months pregnant...I could smell everything...yuck!). The seats were less roomy and pretty crappy was well as compared to BritishAirways, US planes, Royal Jordanian and a few others. After all this, they lost my luggage *ugghh* and it took them 1 week to actually find it and get it to me. So I was less than happy with the experience. But mostly, if I'm paying good money for a long flight such as that...I expect my own can of soda not a dixie cup out of a two liter ( :rofl: ), clean seats and bathrooms. It was a mess in my opinion...maybe I just had a crew that had a bad day! :devil:

Well here's my problem: I'm going to have to send him the money to buy the ticket, so I need to find out how much to send, but Egypt Air only gets him to New York. I'm hoping that if he goes direct to the airline office there in Cairo, he can get set up for his whole trip, all the way to Tulsa. Surely they can...it's an airline for cryin out loud!!

How has your husband adjusted to the U.S.?

Any thoughts?

Congrats Emily!

Well here's my problem: I'm going to have to send him the money to buy the ticket, so I need to find out how much to send, but Egypt Air only gets him to New York. I'm hoping that if he goes direct to the airline office there in Cairo, he can get set up for his whole trip, all the way to Tulsa. Surely they can...it's an airline for cryin out loud!!

How has your husband adjusted to the U.S.?

They can do it all from there. They had to rearrage my flight on the return (cancelled my flight w/out notice...another fun thing) so they were able to get me on British Airways...all the way home. LOL

He's doing well. It's had its ups and downs. I can tell you that those I have spoken to that have had hubbys arrive after mine, always say they have had similar experiences. Missing their families, shock of so many things. Mine went directly from the airport and immigration into the hospital with me and the babies! So to say the least, he's had a LOT of adjusting to do. PM me anytime! I can fill you in on details or any questions you might have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.