~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Moh,

Looks like you and me are in the same boat at about the same time-----AP!!! My husband's interview was on April 23 and when he left they didn't even tell him anything about AP, just gave him the white slip with NO BOXES MARKED, so I emailed the consulate and was told AP, we will contact you when completed. SOOOOOOOOOO frustrating.

I don't know about your fiancee's consulate, but I think my husband's is super slow (Cairo). I think all we can do is sit back, try to relax, and keep reminding ourselves that AT LEAST we are on the very last step, and try to remember how much we have accomplished so far. Just remember that after the AP is done, it's done, and then we will be reunited with our loved ones.

Inshaallah it will be soon, because I really miss my husband more than I can ever say.

Jackie, I think your hubby needs to book the next flight out and come home to you. I know you are going crazy missing him and not knowing from one day to the next what will happen or what he will decide.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Emily

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

don't know what it is, but lately I have been feeling really sad. I'm not sure if it is hormones or what. I feel like crying. Nothing really seems to make me happy. I keep trying to figure out what is wrong with me.

I don't know if it is the waiting game. the uncertainty of approval. being tired of my current life. I know I haven't been waiting as long as others and that I have a long way to go. But I am really tired of all this. :crying:

Things haven’t exactly been easy for us. Frustrations have been the name of the game lately, but like we’ve made it through before, I know we can keep making it through. I know we can get everything we want out of

life. It might take a while, but we can do it.

God I miss my husband every minute :help:

:crying: :crying:

Jackie)))))))))))) :crying:

Edited by ZARQA

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Madrid, Spain my husband is Jordanian

Marriage : Jan. 28-2008 we know each other since 2003

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-21

I-130 touched 10-06-08 and again 10-07-08

I-129 Sent : 9-10-2008 Your item was delivered at 2:05 PM on September 13, 2008 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479. 4 months later because they never send me the receipt was an error in the address

I-129 NOA1: 09-16-2008

touched!! 9-27-2008

I-130 Approved : 3-2-2009 I'm so happyyyyyyyy!!!!

I-129 Approved: 3-2-2009

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

3-11-2009: Pay I-864 Bill

3-12-2009:Receive I-864 Package :

3-12-2009 : Return Completed I-864 :

3-10-2009: Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

3-18-2009: Pay IV Bill :

3-19-2009: Receive Instruction Package

4-8-2009:Case Completed at NVC

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 4 Received : 4-13-2009 at 11:57 am

Medical Exam: 5-11-2009

Interview Date :5-20-2009 at 9:am the time in Florida will be 3:00 am

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Zarqa I feel depressed and I'm not even really waiting anymore... I just get nervous a lot thinking about everything that can go wrong, maybe I should give up and just get some prescription chill pills.

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Good Morning Everyone:

(((((((Jackie)))))))))

(((((((Moh)))))))))))) I really hope you are out of AP soon...inshallah.

(((((((Zarqa))))))))) I swear we all have those moments, those depressing times and the waiting is so friggin hard. I read your post and it looks almost exactly like something I have posted here before. So keep your head up...we will make it!

((((((MsMariah)))))) Your hubby will be here in a couple of days and you will forget all those depressing times!

(((((((Lisa))))))))) The countdown is on for you too! Yay!

Hugs to all my MENA friends. I hope this week is a good one for you.

Amanda

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hugs backatcha (((((Amanda)))))

Yes Zarqa. We have all been there and felt the same way, Im sure. It WILL pass and there is a light at the end of this hellish tunnel! :) It's normal to have periods of depression,emotional rollercoasterness(made that one up, it works tho eh? lol) and even the feeling of hopelessness at times. But they all pass. I hope this funk passes quickly for you. You are almost done hun :star:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
don't know what it is, but lately I have been feeling really sad. I'm not sure if it is hormones or what. I feel like crying. Nothing really seems to make me happy. I keep trying to figure out what is wrong with me.

I don't know if it is the waiting game. the uncertainty of approval. being tired of my current life. I know I haven't been waiting as long as others and that I have a long way to go. But I am really tired of all this. :crying:

Things haven’t exactly been easy for us. Frustrations have been the name of the game lately, but like we’ve made it through before, I know we can keep making it through. I know we can get everything we want out of

I know how you feel. I really think the issue is the loneliness. Being without your loved one on a daily basis is enough to drive anyone crazy. It really is very hard...

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know you feel depressed and feel like this is never going to end......but try to remember all you have accomplished so far: at least you have your first approval!!! From here it will get transferred to the Consulate and the next few steps go quickly. Hopefully you will not have the dreaded AP like most of us here have gotten. That's what my husband and I are caught in now.

Just try to be positive, and think about where you were a year ago. Not yet married, not yet filing the petitions. That's what my husband reminds me when I start feeling like this, he tells me to think about how far we've come and everything we have completed thus far. I know it's hard, and it's awful to be without your husband.....sometimes I put my husband's cologne on my arms at night before I sleep so I can smell him as I drift to sleep.......

Hang in there.

Emily

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks ladies for the encouragement my husband appointment is May 20; I'm so scared, all I think about is will they give us the visa? Will they ask for a waiver? (Husband got volunteer deported on 12/2004) I personally hire an experienced lawyer to prepare my waiver package; The I-601 is filed after my husband denied a visa. (she recommend to wait until visa interview)

I swear I'm going insane, I'm a strong person but for some reason right now I feel so weak and sad! I 'm sorry to ramble about this. I better go to sleep, good night :(

Consulate : Madrid, Spain my husband is Jordanian

Marriage : Jan. 28-2008 we know each other since 2003

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-21

I-130 touched 10-06-08 and again 10-07-08

I-129 Sent : 9-10-2008 Your item was delivered at 2:05 PM on September 13, 2008 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479. 4 months later because they never send me the receipt was an error in the address

I-129 NOA1: 09-16-2008

touched!! 9-27-2008

I-130 Approved : 3-2-2009 I'm so happyyyyyyyy!!!!

I-129 Approved: 3-2-2009

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

3-11-2009: Pay I-864 Bill

3-12-2009:Receive I-864 Package :

3-12-2009 : Return Completed I-864 :

3-10-2009: Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

3-18-2009: Pay IV Bill :

3-19-2009: Receive Instruction Package

4-8-2009:Case Completed at NVC

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 4 Received : 4-13-2009 at 11:57 am

Medical Exam: 5-11-2009

Interview Date :5-20-2009 at 9:am the time in Florida will be 3:00 am

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Timeline

Oh Zarqa. Im sure you are very freaked out. The only experience I have seen with waivers is that they do make you file them if there has been a deportation. But I dont know the difference between voluntary or involuntary(as far as the severity and need for a waiver).

Does the lawyer say that there is a chance that he may just get the visa or does the lawyer think the waiver is a go no matter how the interview goes?

(F)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Hey guys.

Jackie, I hope you are sorting your feelings out with sucess

Mariah, The hubby is here tomorrow right? :dance:

Amanda, Are you guys all prepared for the interview? Are you starting to nut up about it yet? :P

Zarqa, (F) We're here for ya.

Moh,

Brother. I have been praying for you and I just know everything will be fine very soon for you guys. And soon you will be posting that she got the visa and she's coming home :)

Emily, glad you are here and I hope you guys are united soon

Childress and Paris, your approvals are in my thoughts and prayers also. Come on already dammit!!! :P

Anyone else still waiting for something... hang in. :)

I totally cannot concentrate at work. Yazied will be here in 2 days and I just want this week over with lol After almost 16 months you woudl think I could be patient for 2 more days but sheesh.... come ON Thursday!

(L) to my couch buddies

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

13 days to go and i'm so scaaaaaaaaaaaared :cry:

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
05/08/2012: Priority date
05/10/2012: NOA date
05/11/2012: Electronic notification from USCIS / Check cashed
05/14/2012: NOA received
05/23/2012: Biometrics notice received
06/08/2012: Early Biometrics (appointment scheduled for 06/14)
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
07/09/2012: Interview notice received
08/13/2012: Interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
09/11/2012: Oath ceremony
[/color][/size]
[/i] [i] [/i] [i] [/i][size="2"][i] [/i][/size]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.