beccainturkey

I-130 has been sent

8 posts in this topic

Hey everybody! I'm so happy -- yesterday my husband and I finally sent our documents to the embassy here in Ankara. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest!

So... now we either wait for an appointment date OR to be rejected?

What happens next?

*´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ *wE WiLL oVeRCoMe*

*Our DCF Timeline*

Ankara, Turkey

Moved to Turkey: 8/18/04

Got married: 11/21/06

Sent I-130: 7/24/08

Appointment letter: 8/11/08

Interview date: 8/20/08

Visa approval: 08/20/08 - THANK YOU JESUS THANKYOU!!!!!

Visa in hand: ????????????????????? Soon we hope!

Total 27 days from I-130 to visa approval

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey everybody! I'm so happy -- yesterday my husband and I finally sent our documents to the embassy here in Ankara. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest!

So... now we either wait for an appointment date OR to be rejected?

What happens next?

HI there, congratulations.

Be postive!.. all you have to do is wait for your cheque to be encashed and have your NOA1 that has your receipt number. you can then register to uscis for the updates of your petition..

Goodluck!

😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Assuming you filed DCF, you will not get a NOA1 and won't be able to check the website. On the good news front, your case should be much faster than if you'd filed in the US! Each consulate does things a bit differently, but in my case it took about 3 weeks to get any correspondence from the embassy, which was Packet 3 (info on stuff I needed to gather such as police certs etc)- most of this I had already on hand due to the info on this website. Once I sent my notice of readiness to the embassy, I then got an interview date a couple of weeks later (see my timeline below).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Assuming you filed DCF, you will not get a NOA1 and won't be able to check the website. On the good news front, your case should be much faster than if you'd filed in the US! Each consulate does things a bit differently, but in my case it took about 3 weeks to get any correspondence from the embassy, which was Packet 3 (info on stuff I needed to gather such as police certs etc)- most of this I had already on hand due to the info on this website. Once I sent my notice of readiness to the embassy, I then got an interview date a couple of weeks later (see my timeline below).

Whoa..... that was super quick!! :dance:

THanks guys! Penguin, yours really DID go super speedy!

Yes, I'm doing DCF. In Turkey it's a bit different I think. We UPS in all of the beneficiary documents (DS-230, birth police military certificates, etc), all of the petitioner documents (I-864, proof of residency, etc) AND the I-130 with a $355 check to the Ankara embassy. Then we're supposed to get a notification back, which I assume is packet 3, with info and a date for our appointment.

It seems like other countries do it differently. What have you guys experienced? :idea:

*´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

*Our DCF Timeline*

Ankara, Turkey

Hey Becca congrats on sending in your I-130!

In Australia the state you live in will determine which Consulate you lodge your I-130 and G325A. In my case it was directly at the Sydney Consulate which does the actual processing so my Adam Walsh Check came back a lot quicker - in my case it was 1 week.

Next you will receive Packet 3 and the documents which you have to send in include DS-230, I-864 and DS-2001 which has a checklist containing s a bunch of other documents you have to gather (i.e. police certificates, medical exam, birth certificates, etc). I sent off my Packet 3 a week after receiving it, they processed it and about 7 working days later I received my Packet 4/Interview date

Good luck with your DCF!

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Hi Becca,

You should hear from the Embassy 10-15 working days later. Because the Turkish mail system

is so unreliable, I sent an email after 10 days and got a response in 24 hours with our appointment

time and date. They did not give us our appointment number (which we weren't sure if we needed

or not, but in the documentation it says you need it for your medical appointment), but we found it

on the Embassy's website. We did confirm the number with them when they called us to reschedule

our interview.

That's it though.... unless you get your packet back, you will just get an appointment time & date.

Ours is on August 11th in Ankara, but we will be going there on the 5th as my husband has his

medical appointment on the morning of the 6th.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Our Timeline

DCF - I-130

4/10/08 - Married in Istanbul!

5/14/08 - Sent I-130 to Ankara via UPS

5/15/08 - Packet arrived in Ankara at US Embassy

6/2/08 - Received email from Embassy, our interview is schedule for 8/11/08

8/11/08 - Interview at US Embassy in Ankara, I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!

8/13/08 - Visa RECEIVED.....

11/7/08 - Flew from Istanbul to Denver (via JFK)

11/21/08 - SSN received in mail

12/18/08 - Green Card received!!!

I-751 (lifting conditions)

8/10/10 - Sent to California Processing Center

8/20/10 - Received AOS letter

8/26/10 - NOA received biometrics appointment notification

9/16/10 - Biometrics Appointment in San Francisco

10/7/10 - Approved!

Citizenship

1/24/12 - Date filed

5/30/12 - Oath Ceremony!!!!

Adios, USCIS!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

:luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv::luv:

*´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

*Our DCF Timeline*

Ankara, Turkey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.