Irish Lass

Photos, how should I present them?

22 posts in this topic

:blink: I am in the final stages of putting together a RFE and am not sure how I should attach photos. Do I place them in an envelope or attach/stick them to pages with a description of each one?

Any and all advice would be very welcome :thumbs:

My Timeline:

O1 Visa ~

Jan 2000 - Job offer in US

Jan 2000 -O1 Visa application started

March 2000 - Entered US on tourist visa to check out new job

July 2000 - Return to Ireland to have Passport updated

July 2000 - Return to US with O1 visa valid for 2 years

Dec 2001 - Visa extended to Dec 2004

Nov 2002 - Met future Husband

April 2003 - Started Dating future husband

April 2004 - Married :)

AOS ~

Nov 2004 - I-485 received

Nov 2004 - I-130 received

Nov 2004 - I-765 received

Aug 2005 - Biometrics

Jan 2006 - Initial Interview

Jan 2006- I-765 received

March 2006 - Biometrics

April 2006 - Green Card issued for 2 years (Total 1.5 years)

Removal of Conditions ~

March 2008 - I-751 received

March 2008 - 1 year extension

April 2008 - Biometrics

July 5th, 2008 - Request for Evidence

Aug 4th, 2008 - Mailed RFE

Aug 11th, 2008 - :) Card production ordered

Aug 18th, 2008 - 10 year Card Received :)(Total 5 months)

Other stuff ~

Sep 26, 2008 - Form I-90 mailed for name change from maiden on GC

Sep 30, 2008 - Check cashed for $370

Oct 3, 2008 - NOA received

Oct 20, 2008 - Biometrics

USflag.gifIreflag.gif

JP................................ Lorna

I attached mine to paper with a description of each adjacent to the photo. Make sure they are securely attached as the file will be bounced around quite a bit. I managed to be able to print the description through the computer with space available for the photo which made a nice presentation.

Of course they will be in a larger envelope for mailing but if the photos are secure on the paper, that should be sufficient.

I just sent my ppwk off, did color printouts of photos because it was cheaper and really the same quality. I sorted my evidence by trip. For example, for our trip back to Colombia I attached boarding pass, email flight confirmation and pictures of our Colombia trip with little handwritten explanations where I fent necessary. I did that for all the trips we have taken, then at the end I just added a bunch of random misc pictures not really relating to any particular trip, also included little notes and dates when possible. I'll let you know how it ends up.

Sorry you got an RFE. Do you mind me asking what all evidence did you include the first time around?

Removal of Conditions:

7/1/08 - Removal of Conditions Window opens

7/21/08 - Sent paperwork off to CSC

7/23/08 - Paperwork arrived to CSC per Delivery Confirmation

7/28/08 - NOA received, postmarked 7/25/08. $545 Check cashed today also.

8/6/08 - Biometrics Letter received with an appointment date of 8/22/08

8/22/08 - Biometrics appointment completed

8/25/08 - Case status available online

11/11/08 - Approved!! Received GC in the mail today. They didn't change her last name like we asked, but I could care less right now.

Thank you :)

I will attach the photos to paper with descriptions. This sounds like a much better way to send them than having them all loose and getting lost.

Edited by Irish Lass

My Timeline:

O1 Visa ~

AOS ~

Aug 2005 - Biometrics

Jan 2006- I-765 received

March 2006 - Biometrics

Removal of Conditions ~

April 2008 - Biometrics

Other stuff ~

USflag.gifIreflag.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am a scrapbooker and have scrapped all photos all along. I have them on pages with names, dates, places, funny stories, etc. I scrap 12 x 12 pages so I shrunk them down to 8.5 x 11 pages and color copied them double sided.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I just sent my ppwk off, did color printouts of photos because it was cheaper and really the same quality. I sorted my evidence by trip. For example, for our trip back to Colombia I attached boarding pass, email flight confirmation and pictures of our Colombia trip with little handwritten explanations where I fent necessary. I did that for all the trips we have taken, then at the end I just added a bunch of random misc pictures not really relating to any particular trip, also included little notes and dates when possible. I'll let you know how it ends up.

Sorry you got an RFE. Do you mind me asking what all evidence did you include the first time around?

It sounds like you have done a great job with your paperwork, wishing you the best of luck!!!!

I didn't send nearly half of what I should have. I sent the I-715 in before I found Visa Journey, so that says it all.

I had sent copies of bank statements, copies of drivers licenses, car titles, car insurance, lease agreements, copies of my green card, copies of passports, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

My big mistake was that I did not have everything organized and made easy for USCIS, so I fully understand why they sent me a RFE. This was all my own fault for not paying attention. On the bright side, they gave me a second chance to do it right this time :)

My Timeline:

O1 Visa ~

AOS ~

Aug 2005 - Biometrics

Jan 2006- I-765 received

March 2006 - Biometrics

Removal of Conditions ~

April 2008 - Biometrics

Other stuff ~

USflag.gifIreflag.gif

It sounds like you have done a great job with your paperwork, wishing you the best of luck!!!!

I didn't send nearly half of what I should have. I sent the I-715 in before I found Visa Journey, so that says it all.

I had sent copies of bank statements, copies of drivers licenses, car titles, car insurance, lease agreements, copies of my green card, copies of passports, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

My big mistake was that I did not have everything organized and made easy for USCIS, so I fully understand why they sent me a RFE. This was all my own fault for not paying attention. On the bright side, they gave me a second chance to do it right this time :)

Wow, to me that sounds like you included a lot of stuff the first time around. But I think half the trick is thinking like a reviewing official, like you said, how easy it is for them to go through the stuff you sent in. I think I might have over-orgainzed, I paperclipped everything that went together so the left side of the stack is way higher than the right side because of all the paperclips. Oh well, all I can do is wait at this point. I hope it works out well for you this time around :)

Removal of Conditions:

7/1/08 - Removal of Conditions Window opens

7/21/08 - Sent paperwork off to CSC

7/23/08 - Paperwork arrived to CSC per Delivery Confirmation

7/28/08 - NOA received, postmarked 7/25/08. $545 Check cashed today also.

8/6/08 - Biometrics Letter received with an appointment date of 8/22/08

8/22/08 - Biometrics appointment completed

8/25/08 - Case status available online

11/11/08 - Approved!! Received GC in the mail today. They didn't change her last name like we asked, but I could care less right now.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

if you send the real pictures. you do realize you won't get them back, right?

like I said I would just send in photocopies of them.. you can fit a couple on a page ... and it would be less bulky..

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

like I said I would just send in photocopies of them.. you can fit a couple on a page ... and it would be less bulky..

Less bulky.....interesting concept. I have ours all ready to go a week from Saturday. I swear it is at least 5 lbs. of paperwork. Organized oh so neatly and easy to follow; but still a hot mess of so much paperwork.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Unless you are using a camera film for pictures (and still you have the film and you can ask for a picture CD too)...most pictures are digital, meaning they are in your computer, cd, ipod, etc etc and you can reproduce them X times.

Timeline

Less bulky.....interesting concept. I have ours all ready to go a week from Saturday. I swear it is at least 5 lbs. of paperwork. Organized oh so neatly and easy to follow; but still a hot mess of so much paperwork.

i mean like if they stuck the pictures onto paper... I would also be worried that they would fall off etc..

mine fit into one of those big flat envelopes (i think 7 by 11)... :lol: and mine wasn't all that organized either :lol:, I just put paper clips on the different sections.. I didn't even think to put a cover letter...

Unless you are using a camera film for pictures (and still you have the film and you can ask for a picture CD too)...most pictures are digital, meaning they are in your computer, cd, ipod, etc etc and you can reproduce them X times.

yeah but then you could just print the pictures off... wouldn't need to be on photo paper even...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

See, I didn't know that you could or even should send photos printed on regular paper. That will be so much easier. I can print them and a description right off my computer.

I just went and got photograph copies of our photos, but don't mind having extras of those here anyway.

Great tips everyone, thank you so very much :)

My Timeline:

O1 Visa ~

AOS ~

Aug 2005 - Biometrics

Jan 2006- I-765 received

March 2006 - Biometrics

Removal of Conditions ~

April 2008 - Biometrics

Other stuff ~

USflag.gifIreflag.gif

Timeline

yeah it says this in the instructions...

Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in ''good faith'' and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you wish to establish this fact and to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Make sure your evidence covers the whole of the last two years. It might be that you sent in a bank statement, but you may have only sent in the most recent. You didn't mention tax returns, don't forget those if you haven't done so already.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.