sunnybear

So here's a question...what is longest on record....

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Does anyone know what the longest reported wait has been to receive an NOA2? Preferably on a case that supposedly both people involved have clean records..... :blink:

Just wondering :whistle:

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

When I joined VJ, there were folks from the Texas Service Center waiting years. It was so bad that they formed a protest march outside in the TSC hoping for news coverage to embarrass the Immigration Service (INS back then).

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

Does anyone know what the longest reported wait has been to receive an NOA2? Preferably on a case that supposedly both people involved have clean records..... :blink:

Just wondering :whistle:

Peeps with the "clean records" get put on the bottom of the stack and they work on the tough ones!! :rofl::bonk:

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

UGhhh well I hope they don't go back to this causing people to wait "a couple of years" again!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

You hold the record or I'm sure it feels like it to you. So sorry for you. You look so happy in that picture. I would have a :crying: picture by now if I was in your place. God bless you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

If you're talking about Nich-Nick, that was a pretty average time for March VSC filers. In January they were approving in less than a month. A few months earlier it was taking 6 months. There is often fluctuations in processing times. VSC is historically faster.

good luck to you

timeline.jpg

Timeline
You hold the record or I'm sure it feels like it to you. So sorry for you. You look so happy in that picture. I would have a :crying: picture by now if I was in your place. God bless you.

Nope I know for sure Sara aka estadia has had a longer wait then me since they applied August 2007 and are still waiting for NOA2..... :angry: It is so beyond irritating and frustrating. It is like no rhyme or reason behind it they just pick out a few people randomly to give the run around to.....

I sure wish there was a person on here who worked for CSC that would give us the scoop.....

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am sure you are not the longest on record. Yet anyhow.

Good luck on a speedier future.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Have you tried contacting the USCIS and trying to have them pay attention to your file and trying to escalate the issue with them? It has been over 6 months that you have gotten your NOA1 so there is no excuse that they should delay you like this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.