7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I just did the E-filing I-90 to restore my maiden name on green card due to divorce. After I submitted and printed out I realized I made a mistake that I typed my mother's maiden name where I was supposed to type her first name.

It says "If it is necessary to change any info on your submitted I-90 application, please bring evidence to support the change with you to biometrics appointment." However, I have no idea what kind of documentations I can prove my mother's name since she doesn't live here and lives back in my home country. Any suggestions? Please help...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I just did the E-filing I-90 to restore my maiden name on green card due to divorce. After I submitted and printed out I realized I made a mistake that I typed my mother's maiden name where I was supposed to type her first name.

It says "If it is necessary to change any info on your submitted I-90 application, please bring evidence to support the change with you to biometrics appointment." However, I have no idea what kind of documentations I can prove my mother's name since she doesn't live here and lives back in my home country. Any suggestions? Please help...

I caught an error on our recent N-400 after submitting it, I just sent in a corrected signed copy with a letter of explanation and an apology, no problem when my wife went in for her interview, they acknowledged the receipt of the new application and all went fine.

We never had to show any evidence of my wife's parents names, never came to the USA, and were never citizens here, both my parents are dead and I don't have anything to prove that either, I do not feel they will make an issue out of that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does your birth certificate contain your mother's name? That might work as evidence to verify the correction.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Does your birth certificate contain your mother's name? That might work as evidence to verify the correction.

Ha, I did forget we did have my wife's and my original birth certificates with out parents name on them, thanks Kathryn41. Megumi has to have that I believe, or she wouldn't be here.

Filed: Other Timeline
I caught an error on our recent N-400 after submitting it, I just sent in a corrected signed copy with a letter of explanation and an apology, no problem when my wife went in for her interview, they acknowledged the receipt of the new application and all went fine.

We never had to show any evidence of my wife's parents names, never came to the USA, and were never citizens here, both my parents are dead and I don't have anything to prove that either, I do not feel they will make an issue out of that.

Thanks for information, unfortunately it says "DO NOT send written correspondence regarding changes." so I guess I have to wait until the biometrics appointment. Do you think I need to get notarized that I translated my birth certificate too (since it's in foreign language)?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I did my I-90 due to change of name after getting my GC, the staff at that office where I did my biometrics actually showed to me my application that they received if everything is correct and if there's a mistake they can update it at that moment before I do my prints. If you have your BC with your mom's name on it, I think you'll be fine. Besides all your papertrails shows your mom's name..

I-R5 at USCIS California Service Center

Consulate: Manila Philippines

5/19/09 Filed I-130 at Chicago Lockbox

5/22/09 USCIS rcvd I-130

6/01/09 Checks cashed

6/03/09 NOA1 rcvd for both parents

8/12/09 Email approval for Dad

8/17/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Dad

8/20/09 Rcvd RFE email for Mom

9/08/09 Email approval for Mom

9/12/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Mom

NVC

8/19/09 NVC rcvd dad's case

9/18/09 NVC rcvd mom's case

9/22/09 Emailed DS3032

9/28/09 Paid AOS/ I-864 fee of $70 for both

10/08/09 rcvd emails: DS3032 accepted

10/08/09 sent I-864

10/09/09 IV bill generated for both cases

10/10/09 Paid IV bill $800 for both

10/13/09 I-864 rcvd by NVC

10/15/09 DS230 mailed to NVC

10/16/09 I-864 accepted & entered into the system

10/19/09 DS230 rcvd by NVC

11/02/09 rcvd checklist emails

11/09/09 sent RFE to NVC via UPS

11/12/09 NVC received RFE

11/19/09 AVR: checklist response rcvd 11/18/09

11/28/09 Log-in failed for both

12/01/09 Case complete as of 11/30/09

12/14/09 rcvd emails of interview date

01/04-05/09 medical @ St.Lukes done

01/11/10 Interview @ USEmbassy Manila 6:30am

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
Thanks for information, unfortunately it says "DO NOT send written correspondence regarding changes." so I guess I have to wait until the biometrics appointment. Do you think I need to get notarized that I translated my birth certificate too (since it's in foreign language)?

I guess you could have your translation notorized...but since the notary won't be able to read Nihongo, and since you are the translator, it really doesn't make since...but if you go to your bank they'll probably notarize it for free. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.