omegaclass77

Opinon is needed,please

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, I need your sincere advice on filing issue.

I was married to old girlfriend of mine in my country, 11 years ago and we had a boy together. Later divorced after moved to America, because of distant and other issues and I got married to American lady for 6 years, with no kid together, we had our differences and later divorced. I got my US Citizenship through my American’s wife. Meanwhile, my former wife was married to another guy and they have twin together, unfortunate her husband died from car accident, a year ago.

I went to my country of recent and met my first ex-wife, we bond and I am trying to file I-129F for her and the twin. My question was, is it going to be approved by the immigration and won’t look like I am jumping around the circle?

Thanks for your time…

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think it is great that after 11 years you have contact with your ex now that is widowed and are going to pursue marriage again. I do not see a problem with it and wishing you both all the best.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmmm.. fate? :D

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

As a USC- when you file initially, all you need to prove that is that you two have met in person 2 years before the date of filing-you are both legally free to marry and that you intend to do so within 90 days of her arriving in the States on her K-1.

From your post-you seem to meet the initial requirements for eligibility to file.

I say- :D GO FOR IT! :D

Personally-I think what you both are doing is GREAT! :D

I really do not think you will have any problems!

Best of Luck! :star:

Michele

EDIT-The GUIDES section on this site has great info!

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was married to old girlfriend of mine in my country, 11 years ago and we had a boy together. Later divorced after moved to America, because of distant and other issues and I got married to American lady for 6 years, with no kid together, we had our differences and later divorced. I got my US Citizenship through my American’s wife. Meanwhile, my former wife was married to another guy and they have twin together, unfortunate her husband died from car accident, a year ago.

I went to my country of recent and met my first ex-wife, we bond and I am trying to file I-129F for her and the twin. My question was, is it going to be approved by the immigration and won’t look like I am jumping around the circle?

Thanks for your time…

A meeting with a family-based immigration attorney *familiar with your home country* would be a very good idea, IMO. There may be issues, or there may be none. No one here can say.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It might raise a red flag, MIGHT, 'cus when you both provide your divorce decrees they'll see you were married to each other before, so I'd seek legal advice from an attorney on this matter.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

To my untutored eye, the only problem you might have is proving that you are not marrying her just so that she can get into the US... you'll have to prove that you have rekindled your relationship and that you are a genuine couple, not just making a business arrangement for your son.

But there is no law against re-marrying someone you were married to before...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for your time…

Which route are you going to take? K1 or K3 or other? Since you both were married to each other before, could you still do a K1 and consider her as a fiance? Or do you have to marry her in her country? I'm asking because a friend of mine is in a similar situation and he's not sure which route to take or which route would have the least problems since the situation is already confusing enough. Thanks.

AOS

12/19/06 AOS and EAD applications recieved at Chicago office

12/22/06 file sent to CSC

2/14/07 touched

3/2/07 touched

3/5/07 touched

3/13/07 file sent back to MSC

3/14/07 touched

3/21/07 touched

3/23/07 touched

6/06/07 Interview

6/18/07 Notified through email that card was ordered

6/26/07 Recieved card in the mail TODAY!!!!!!!

EAD

3/20/07 EAD touched

3/22/07 recieved email that card has been ordered.

3/26/07 EAD card recieved in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.