Bamboo

RFE on 129f Part C. question 1,2,3

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Hi I just got rfe on my 129f. ommited items. they circled part C question 1,2,3. I answered on question 1 'Not in Military Service' and left question 2 and 3 blank because they do not apply to me. What was the correct answer i was suppose to put?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Part C 1 you indicate N/A or Not In Military Service, C 2 is a (YES/NO) question, CHECK "NO", C 3, leave blank it relates to C 2.

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-129F.pdf

Please update profile, you filed for K-1, and your fiancee is from some country, NOT N/A. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I got an RFE for the same thing. There seem to be a number of RFE's for this oversight. It is confusing because I too thought that section was for current military personnel. You need to answer question 2, yes or no. If you answer yes, then you need to provide more information on a second sheet and answer question 3. I answered no on my RFE and am still waiting for the NOA2 but I have seen others approved in a couple weeks after returning the RFE. Good luck.

ANDY & MARICAR

N-400 Timeline

05/14/2012 - Mailed N-400 packet to Dallas/Lewisville Lockbox via Priority Mail.

05/21/2012 - NOA1

06/12/2012 - Biometrics

06/29/2012 - Interview Notice

08/06/2012 - Naturalization Interview in OKC PASSED!!!!!!!

09/28/2012 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!!!!

U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!

Just return the forms they sent you with the information requested. No need to resend the entire packet.

Make sure you make a copy of the RFE for your records.

Edited by Andy-n-Maricar

ANDY & MARICAR

N-400 Timeline

05/14/2012 - Mailed N-400 packet to Dallas/Lewisville Lockbox via Priority Mail.

05/21/2012 - NOA1

06/12/2012 - Biometrics

06/29/2012 - Interview Notice

08/06/2012 - Naturalization Interview in OKC PASSED!!!!!!!

09/28/2012 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!!!!

U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
thanks for the fast reply's. So when i send it back do i send the whole packet again or just that sheet?

Instructions came with your RFE. Follow them to the letter.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Our RFE was for the very same thing. That section is not very clear.

Fill out the form they sent you, stating the correct answers - make sure to sign the bottom and send it back immediately. I sent mine overnight so that it wouldn't slow down our process too too much.

K1
January 14, 2008: I29F Sent
May 20, 2008: INTERVIEW!!! (127 days)
September 27, 2008: Liam Arrives USA (POE LAX)
November 7, 2008: Wedding smile.png

AOS/EAD/AP
February 4, 2009: AOS Packet Sent
March 4, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
March 5, 2009: Case Transferred to the CSC
April 6, 2009: EAD/AP/AOS Approved
April 15, 2009: Received GREEN CARD!!!

Removing Conditions
January 5, 2011: Mailed I-751
January 6, 2011: I-751 received and signed for
January 11, 2011: Check Cashed
January 7, 2011: NOA date
January 14, 2011: NOA Received
February 10, 2011: Called USCIS requesting update (beyond 30 day timeline for biometrics letter)
February 14, 2011: Biometrics letter received
March 9, 2011: Biometrics Appt
April 6, 2011: GC Expirtation Date
June 24, 2011: 10yr GC Approved!
June 30, 2011: Received Approval Letter
July 12, 2011: 10yr GC received in the mail

Naturalization

December 31, 2013: Mailed N-400

January 2, 2014: Application received by Dallas office

January 14, 2014: Biometrics Notification

January 27, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

February 4, 2014: Testing & Interview Case Status

Part C (questions 2 and 3) is about criminal convictions. How are you supposed to answer if you have none since it's just check boxes?

We left it blank and don't want a RFE...

Part C (questions 2 and 3) is about criminal convictions. How are you supposed to answer if you have none since it's just check boxes?

You will most likey get an RFE.

Question 2 specifically states:

Have you ever been convicted by a court of law (civil or criminal) or court martialed by a military tribunal for any of the following crimes:

*gives list of crimes here*

Then it has a box that you check either YES or NO.

For no criminal convictions you would have checked NO. Be prepared for an RFE.

Good luck.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

thanks for the fast reply's. So when i send it back do i send the whole packet again or just that sheet?

If they sent you back the whole package, you'd better send the whole package back unless they've specifically asked you for just the sheet. I'm betting if you just sent back the sheet, they'll not be able to match it up to your package because they sent you the whole thing back!

carlahmsb4.gif

You will most likey get an RFE.

Question 2 specifically states:

Have you ever been convicted by a court of law (civil or criminal) or court martialed by a military tribunal for any of the following crimes:

*gives list of crimes here*

Then it has a box that you check either YES or NO.

For no criminal convictions you would have checked NO. Be prepared for an RFE.

Good luck.

We haven't sent the application yet as we're waiting on pay-day. It's all ready though. :)

And it seems OK as we did check "No" for that question. I thought someone had said that they recieved a RFE for claiming "Not in military service" as well as not answering question 3 (which is about previous convictions)

No worries!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.