limah

new to the k-3 process

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello all. i am new to this website. I think this is just what I needed. I must admit that I am both a little discouraged and excited. I've only been married to my husban since 4-20 this year, and I havent mailed off 1 single thing!

It's a money thing with me! I am waiting on my husband to wire me the money for the forms. Can somebody fill me in? Which form do I file first, I-129f, OR THE I-130? :unsure:

At this point, I dont really have anything to add to a timeline. Those are soooooo inspirational. Some of u have really decent time frames going on here, some people I hear have to wait a year and more on their loved oned to get here.

I kinda need yall, right now. I am so stressed out, and I am just starting out, technically, I haven't started anything untill this weekend. How do you all make it??!! :crying::crying: i know I have at least 6 months ahead.

which form first? can someone enlighten me please?

thanks so much!!!

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello all. i am new to this website. I think this is just what I needed. I must admit that I am both a little discouraged and excited. I've only been married to my husban since 4-20 this year, and I havent mailed off 1 single thing!

It's a money thing with me! I am waiting on my husband to wire me the money for the forms. Can somebody fill me in? Which form do I file first, I-129f, OR THE I-130? :unsure:

At this point, I dont really have anything to add to a timeline. Those are soooooo inspirational. Some of u have really decent time frames going on here, some people I hear have to wait a year and more on their loved oned to get here.

I kinda need yall, right now. I am so stressed out, and I am just starting out, technically, I haven't started anything untill this weekend. How do you all make it??!! :crying::crying: i know I have at least 6 months ahead.

which form first? can someone enlighten me please?

thanks so much!!!

First off Congratulations on your marriage.

The first thing you will send off is the I130, :guides: to get all you will need.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I kinda need yall, right now. I am so stressed out, and I am just starting out, technically, I haven't started anything untill this weekend. How do you all make it??!! :crying::crying: i know I have at least 6 months ahead

which form first? can someone enlighten me?

thanks so much!!!

[/quote

The first thing you will send off is the I130, :guides: to get all you will need.

Congratulations!!! :dance:

Yes this is true I-130 filed first , but if you would like to possibly see your husband as soon as six months from now please file the I-129 immediately following the I-130. I have a friend who has already gone through this process. Her husband is now here in the states after only a little under 6 months. I say this with urgency due to the fact that I personaly regret waiting to long to process my I-129 form. Only after 25 days after filing the I-130 it was approved and because of that I could not file the I -129.My Husband is presently in Nigeria while I'm here in the states :crying: I hope this information could be of some help. I could connect you with my friend who I know will be of great help to you concerning this matter.

God will make all things beautiful in his time.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I kinda need yall, right now. I am so stressed out, and I am just starting out, technically, I haven't started anything untill this weekend. How do you all make it??!! :crying::crying: i know I have at least 6 months ahead

which form first? can someone enlighten me?

thanks so much!!!

[/quote

Congratulations!!! :dance:

Yes this is true I-130 filed first , but if you would like to possibly see your husband as soon as six months from now please file the I-129 immediately following the I-130. I have a friend who has already gone through this process. Her husband is now here in the states after only a little under 6 months. I say this with urgency due to the fact that I personaly regret waiting to long to process my I-129 form. Only after 25 days after filing the I-130 it was approved and because of that I could not file the I -129.My Husband is presently in Nigeria while I'm here in the states :crying: I hope this information could be of some help. I could connect you with my friend who I know will be of great help to you concerning this matter.

I thought you can file I-129F once you have NOA1 from I-130. Isn't it true?

I thought you can file I-129F once you have NOA1 from I-130. Isn't it true?

Yes that is true. You must have your NOA1 from the I-130 before filing the I-129F.

limah

Hi and welcome to VJ. You will find VJ a great resource of information, experiences and support. Being seperated from your partner sure is no fun and this process can send you batty sometimes...but we make it through somehow. VJ definately helps in that regard. As desperatewife stated.....read the guides section which is at the top of each page. It will show you what you need to submit. Any questions, just ask.

All the best to you on your visa journey.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good luck and try not to worry too much. This process is extremely overwhelming at first, but it will get better. The best thing to do is take a deep breath and start working on your I-130. Getting that first NOA-1 is a huge relief and gives you a sense of making some progress...I certainly started to feel better after that! Just keep working at it day by day, and before you know it, you will be well on your way to being with your honey. :)

I-130F:

13 Feb. 2006 - sent I-130; 14 Feb. 2006 - I-130 received at Nebraska

28 Feb. 2006 - NOA-1

2 Mar. 2006 - RFE for payment problem; 3 Mar. - corrected & mailed; 6 Mar. - USCIS rec'd payment

12 June 2006 - APPROVED! (NOA-2)

20 June 2006 - case number assigned

3 July 2006 - DS-3032 and AOS Fee bill generated; 6 July - emailed DS-3032 Choice of Agent

13 July 2006 - Received DS-3032 (UK)

14 July 2006 - DS-3032 mailed to NVC

17 July 2006 - DS-3032 and AOS Fee received in mail

19 July 2006 - mailed Fee bill to NVC; recieved at NVC St. Louis facility 20 July

24 July 2006 - Received NVC choice of agent confirmation email

4th-8th Aug 2006 - Recieve IV bill. (non specific date recieved/away vacation)

10th Aug 2006 - NVC recieve IV Bill.

11th Aug 2006 - Recieved I-864 package / mailed back 15th Aug

I-129F:

6 Mar. 2006 - sent I-129F; 8 Mar. 2006 - I-129F received at USCIS

16 Mar. 2006 - NOA1

3 July 2006 - received RFE (IMBRA); 5 July 2006 - mailed RFE response

10 July 2006 - received USCIS email confirming receipt of RFE response

13 July 2006 - received RFE (IMBRA) AGAIN

17 July 2006 - mailed 2nd RFE response; received by USCIS 19 July

27 July 2006 - APPROVED!

7 Aug 2006 - case number assigned at NVC

11 Aug 2006 - Recieved NVC letter confirming case sent to london

23 Aug 2006 - Received Packet 3 / 25 Aug 2006 - Mailed back

04 Sep 2006 - Medical completed.

08 Sep 2006 - Interview date assigned for 2nd October

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.