jordanianprincess

Jordan Embassy SUCKS!

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I mean.. I kinda know how you feel JP... but... me and Yacine had a copy of what we needed for Packet 3 by getting a copy of the cover letter for what you need for the interview... But.. what the consulate told yacine, that any of the documents he needs to bring to the interview, they cannot be older than 3 months... So.. if you get the packet 3 in december, all the documents you need you will be able to get. I dont know if this is the same for all consulates, but it might be worth looking into. Hope this helps.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds about as nasty as they were to me when I would inquire about something. It's like they're basically saying shut the heck up and we'll get to you when we get to you. I understand they are busy..but by giving people interview dates 1 year in advance...what did they think ppl would do?? OF COURSE they're going to want information. I think I would rather have waited (as we did) and found the interview date a few months before it than finding out the date 1 year in advance...that's just torture... ANYWAY I'm glad to hear you got the congressman involved. Maybe they can put some speed to your process enshallah. Much luck to you both!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The incompetent ineptitude of ME/NA embassies never fails to astound me :blink:

:yes:

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So as Murphy's Law would have it, I get home yesterday to find a brown packet in the mail from the Jordanian Embassy :star: Whooopdidoooooooooo :unsure:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

YAYYY that's good news. Good thing they told you to wait until December. I just don't understand how disorganized these consulates are. I'm happy to see you got it and good luck.

JP just make sure u dont start on your affadavit becuase it cannot be more than 6 months old and i Know they prefer it to be under 3 months, or thats what they told me...

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm glad you got it too. I had a feeling nothing was wrong when I realized that they mailed it in mid april...Good for you for getting it in under a month. It might be the fastest I can recall anyone recieving mail from them. I heard what Kelly said about the support paperwork too. At the time of his interview mine was nearly a year old so I worried about that...they ended up never mentioning anything about it but you never know.

Anyway, Im sure you are releived now

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

That's a relief! One less thing to worry about :D

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
JP just make sure u dont start on your affadavit becuase it cannot be more than 6 months old and i Know they prefer it to be under 3 months, or thats what they told me...

that's good info, I didnt know how long my affadavit would last for!

my affadavit will be good until October 22nd..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Why December? Oh my God, must be their new rule since they changed the interiview setup. My God! They have always been courtesy to me but the last email on the interview date, I noticed that it was kind of uppety and rude, and I have a feeling it came from someone else that may have taken that position recently. If your interview is in February, why December for the packet? I would ask them that, JP.

Andrea

And remember, there is no preference to the embassy on I130, K3 or Fiance visa. All the same to them. First come, first serve.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Timeline
Why December? Oh my God, must be their new rule since they changed the interiview setup. My God! They have always been courtesy to me but the last email on the interview date, I noticed that it was kind of uppety and rude, and I have a feeling it came from someone else that may have taken that position recently. If your interview is in February, why December for the packet? I would ask them that, JP.

Andrea

And remember, there is no preference to the embassy on I130, K3 or Fiance visa. All the same to them. First come, first serve.

I handed it over to my congressman, I don't even want to deal with them. I got the packet anyways but their response was downright ridiculous. I am aware there is no preference between applications not just the ones you mentioned, however there should be a difference between immigrant and non-immigrant visas. Had I known this embassy was so a$$ backwards, I would have done something else. :yes:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Go JP !!! That is just crazy that they tell you one thing and do another ... I wonder why ??? Well at least you can start gathering from now ... mabrook !! :D

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Timeline
Go JP !!! That is just crazy that they tell you one thing and do another ... I wonder why ??? Well at least you can start gathering from now ... mabrook !! :D

Well I already sent him a FedEx$$$$$$$ with all the paperwork, I guess I will have to update it before the interview now. Oh well. I guess patience is a virtue. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.