5,491 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

OMG am I reading Igors list right??

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/

YESTERDAY I checked and I was 240! NOW I am 229!! I Moved 10 in a day!! SO this means two things. People finally updated their noa2s for CSC (which I doubt..most update it and say LOOKIE HERE!)

OR igors slow ( i know THIS is not true...I moved YESTERDAY to!)

SOOOOOO CSC IS faster...................................................................THIS WEEK lol!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If nothing else everyone has one thing in common, waiting to bring someone to OUR country and marry them as quickly as possible. As VJ is a place to share your emotions, it is a place to share opinions as well. We all wished the system moved quicker. It would probably be very interesting to see how fast this process was pre Sept. 11th 2001, as sometime after that all of our countries security systems changed. It is easy to be angry at waiting but out of all of the countries represented here, I am only guessing, none have the volume of people wanting to come to their countries as we do. I love Colombia, but there are a couple of reasons I wouldn't want to marry there, live there and so on, we all have our reasons we chose this path as opposed to being married in their country, and living in their country, which I gather would be much quicker(?). I am thankful for our system but from the outside looking in it appears it could be managed better that is for sure. I know the feeling of standing at the airport in Colombia, a foreign country to me, waiting in line, saying goodbye and having my fiance say don't cry, the only time to cry is if you were never going to see me again. I have visited and been through that 5 times since mid August 2006. The thing that amazes me the most is when you visit the USCIS web site, and it shows their processing dates, and all of the different types of visas and sub categories under those types, it is mindblowing. Emotionally, this is a long terrble wait and a real rollercoaster. To step aside from emotions, it is a major feat to accomplish the never ending task of processing and maintaining security. My point is, emotional flare ups are already happening here basically one month post NOA1, it is only going to get worse as we wait longer. Everyone must respect the fact the everyone handles this stress differently. Respect :ot2:

My timeline is clearly moving in the wrong direction....hopefully next hour she can be here an week sooner :whistle:

Edited by subguy812

Timeline

Ya I know!! Igor shows we are MOVING forward BUT the timeline is going backwards...GRRR

We seen it before and I bet you WE see CSC approving July in Nov and VSC in oct

COME ON VISASSSSS WOOO HOOO

mama wants to get married!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Your willing to drop tourism dollars and marry a native- lay out the welcome mat. .....

That entire post says volumes about the kind of person you are and your ignorance with respect to other countries and disrespect for anyone who doesn't think like you. I really feel sorry for people like you.

But hey, you read it on the internet so it must be true.

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI Aubrey,

I just read that you are also JULY 08 filer, i am the same. Hope to hear your progress guys, we are still waiting for NOA2

Edited by youandi

ElenVaughn

Timeline

How is everyone holding up???

Today was a rough day at work SO i am happy it is DONE. I am exhausted!

Kai got a better job to help with wedding funds and that SO I am HAPPY!!! this takes so much pressure off me!

I feel so blessed today!

Aubry love you doing okay today??? Hold that head high...we are in this all together girl and think..SOON SOON we will get our loved ones back!!

BIG HUGS ALL!

Meri

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Kai got a better job to help with wedding funds and that SO I am HAPPY!!! this takes so much pressure off me!

I feel so blessed today!

Aubry love you doing okay today??? Hold that head high...we are in this all together girl and think..SOON SOON we will get our loved ones back!!

BIG HUGS ALL!

Meri

Trying to keep busy. Andy's still pooped from his long flight so I've only had a short hello time. He's going to need another day to recover - that 9 hour time change is a doosey. Then hopefully he'll stay busy with job hunting and stuff during the day. We're sure going to need the money to help pay for all the visa/medical/flight/wedding/AOS stuff coming up down the road. Wish I had time to work a part-time job to make the financial stuff less overwhelming, but it's not realistic with my studio projects & intern job. I have a ton of work to catch up on this weekend since last week I couldn't focus on it.

Basically I'm trying to keep my nose to the grindstone so I don't notice how empty and quiet this place feels without Andy here.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and consoling. It's really helped me. I can't stand hearing from people not going through this - "it's not forever" or otherwise blowing it off like it's no big deal. It feels so much better knowing there are people out there that really understand and care. hug5.gif

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Timeline

I feel so blessed today!

BIG HUGS ALL!

Meri

Trying to keep busy. Andy's still pooped from his long flight so I've only had a short hello time. He's going to need another day to recover - that 9 hour time change is a doosey. Then hopefully he'll stay busy with job hunting and stuff during the day. We're sure going to need the money to help pay for all the visa/medical/flight/wedding/AOS stuff coming up down the road. Wish I had time to work a part-time job to make the financial stuff less overwhelming, but it's not realistic with my studio projects & intern job. I have a ton of work to catch up on this weekend since last week I couldn't focus on it.

Basically I'm trying to keep my nose to the grindstone so I don't notice how empty and quiet this place feels without Andy here.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and consoling. It's really helped me. I can't stand hearing from people not going through this - "it's not forever" or otherwise blowing it off like it's no big deal. It feels so much better knowing there are people out there that really understand and care. hug5.gif

Me to! I get a little jealous because everyone gets to visit their lovers and kai and I have not been able to afford a visit since he was here. I really cant wait to have him get off that plane and never have to leave me again

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Me to! I get a little jealous because everyone gets to visit their lovers and kai and I have not been able to afford a visit since he was here. I really cant wait to have him get off that plane and never have to leave me again

I know what you mean. We are almost 8500 miles apart and in different hemispheres... and I'm a day ahead also 18 hours as well. It's an expensive proposition to fly back and forth that often. But all that is not as difficult as spending time with my darlin' and having to leave yet again.

We try not to stress as the time wears on, and we have no 'touches', no news of any kind. I knew it wouldn't be easy. I never expected it to be this hard.... *sigh*

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline
I know what you mean. We are almost 8500 miles apart and in different hemispheres... and I'm a day ahead also 18 hours as well. It's an expensive proposition to fly back and forth that often. But all that is not as difficult as spending time with my darlin' and having to leave yet again.

We try not to stress as the time wears on, and we have no 'touches', no news of any kind. I knew it wouldn't be easy. I never expected it to be this hard.... *sigh*

At the rate Vermont is going, you're probably going to get your NOA2 next month. Hang in there, sweetie. All of us CSC filers are fixing to be very jealous of you soon. ;)

It helps me to vent and then to find ways to laugh in between all the stress. Maybe a laugh will help you, too? This one made me laugh tonight when I couldn't sleep:

And if that doesn't do it, CuteOverload is always a guaranteed smile if you like animals.

Wishing everyone a smile to help keep you going!

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Timeline

I know the feeling Kai is a neighbor to NZ! You should see yours soon as vermont is going FAST!!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Vermont can not go fast enough for me. I hope we find out in October...

I was wondering if anyone knew how my finace could come to america to visit over christmas??? what are the protocals and ####...If he gets a job which he has been trying to since he got back to Haiti three months ago he wants to try and come visit...seems how who knows even if we do get accepted by november when he will be able to come back or if he will be able to come back...any suggestions anyone???

and I knew it was going to be hard too but never this hear...it never gets easier to deal with....

November 5, 2008: NOA2 - APPROVEDDDDDD!!!

Interview: 2009-3-23 APPROVED!!!

Recieve Visa: April 1, 2009

POE: April 3, 2009

Wedding in Niagara Falls: April 15, 2009

AOS/EAD/AD

Sent priority mail: May 27, 2009

IS IT OVER YET?!?![/color]

"You can survive the unimaginable"

glitterfy-flpbk11203916556034.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Vermont can not go fast enough for me. I hope we find out in October...

I was wondering if anyone knew how my finace could come to america to visit over christmas??? what are the protocals and ####...any suggestions anyone???

Here's a link that should help:

http://haiti.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

The catch here is that since Haiti isn't a Visa Waiver Program country he has to apply for a visa to come here. On that form they will ask about having applied for visas before which will bring up the K1 you are trying to get. If he makes it past that point they could still deny him at the Port of Entry unless he shows some major ties to Haiti. That means there is potential to pay several hundred dollars for a plane ticket and not get a visit.

IMO, you're better off going there (from a best shot at seeing him viewpoint), picking a neutral 3rd country or just waiting until you get through the K1 process. Otherwise, it's a gamble at best. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline

If you can hold out, that's what I'd recommend. I don't know about Haiti in particular, but often the interview takes place as little as a month after NOA2, which could easily put his interview around the end of December. You two could be together soon after that.

If you can't hold out through Christmas, I agree with Corinthians - you're probably better off making arrangements to go there, as obtaining a visitor's visa is likely to be pretty tough given the K1 application.

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.