Ta Ta

Morbid question

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Who'se SO here has requested that if he dies before you that his remains will be burried back home ?

I can just see myself as a 90 + year old granny trying to fly his body back to S/L :blink: it costs thousands to get him here now it will

cost thoudands to ship him back :whistle: I can just picture the whole fiasco in my mind :o

He said if I die before he does he will bury me there too :wacko:

I said I don't care just cremate me and I know my soul goes to God.........after explaining cremation he thought that is just

horrible to do that.

LL, S said Liberians are also very adament to be buried in their homeland.........wanna go with me ? :)

My Jamaican husband said the same thing. I told him the only way that would happen is if he was cremated. He balked at that. I just said, whatever....you'll be dead anyhow.

I already paid for my cremation. He can toss me wherever he likes. I don't care anymore. I used to want it to be at 2nd base in the Old Busch Stadium in St. Louis, MO. When they tore that down, my reasons left me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband has also made me promise that he be buried back in Nigeria in the event something happened and he too wants me to be buried with him. It used to mean a lot to me to be buried with my family here because their is a family plot on my dad's side of the family but that was before I was married and I really don't care I want to be with my husband. Even though we won't be in the ground together spiritually.

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Joseph wants to be buried on his property there . I know the woman he almost married is buries there . She was killed in an auto accident but he had paid bride price so was buried on his land. We plan on tearing down most of the old structures and building new there and using the old bricks to build a sitting place by the stream. That is most likely where he will be buried. I know when others from the village die here in the states they have a meeting and start collecting money for sending him home and having someone here go with the body.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Good question, Omoba. I never really thought about it. I guess I will have to talk to him about that. I'm sure he'd want to be shipped and buried back in Nigeria. I can understand why he'd want to. I'd feel the same way. I'd want to be buried here in the States, the place where I was birthed and raised.

If you're dead you won't know where you're buried! :whistle:

:P

I'm just kidding. My husband has made the same request. I haven't looked into the details very closely, but I have heard that the Moroccan embassy here helps with the details. I'm sure it's pretty expensive.

Anywhere from $7000 to $12,000 to send the body home. My husband wants to take out life insurance for bills etc and to ensure I have the money to bury him in Morocco.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We have spoken about this a lot, of course given our situation. We have decided that if his condition gets worse, he will go back home. But this is pure speculation and as the Beatles put it, tomorrow never knows.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

He absolutely said he does not want to be buried in goris world. he also does not believe in embalment. im trying to explain this concept to him etc

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Who'se SO here has requested that if he dies before you that his remains will be burried back home ?

I can just see myself as a 90 + year old granny trying to fly his body back to S/L :blink: it costs thousands to get him here now it will

cost thoudands to ship him back :whistle: I can just picture the whole fiasco in my mind :o

He said if I die before he does he will bury me there too :wacko:

I said I don't care just cremate me and I know my soul goes to God.........after explaining cremation he thought that is just

horrible to do that.

LL, S said Liberians are also very adament to be buried in their homeland.........wanna go with me ? :)

My Jamaican husband said the same thing. I told him the only way that would happen is if he was cremated. He balked at that. I just said, whatever....you'll be dead anyhow.

I already paid for my cremation. He can toss me wherever he likes. I don't care anymore. I used to want it to be at 2nd base in the Old Busch Stadium in St. Louis, MO. When they tore that down, my reasons left me.

Bush Stadium :lol:

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
If you're dead you won't know where you're buried! :whistle:

:P

I'm just kidding. My husband has made the same request. I haven't looked into the details very closely, but I have heard that the Moroccan embassy here helps with the details. I'm sure it's pretty expensive.

Anywhere from $7000 to $12,000 to send the body home. My husband wants to take out life insurance for bills etc and to ensure I have the money to bury him in Morocco.

:dead: I will tell him that ! Either burial or a new car, we will see what wins. A life trip would be nice too :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I guess it's a cultural thing... And in my culture (Caribbean) and other African cultures, it is a thing to be taken very seriously, and deserves at least some respect. If my husband asks to be buried back home, I will honor his request, because I love and respect him and his view/culture. If I made the same request I would hope he respected my wishes.

And... you must also consider the family of your SO. Your SO's request to be buried back home is surely no secret to his/her family. By not honoring your SO's request, you may be offending or disrespecting his family back home. That can stir up all kinds of ill will and contention. Family is everything in African and Caribbean culture...marrying some one of these backgrounds, call for understanding and respect for their culture, no matter how absurd it might appear to you.

Yes its expensive to send the body back home, but if you plan ahead, it wont be such a financial burden when the time comes. Life insurance is a good way to cover the cost of shipping the body

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

I guess it's a cultural thing... And in my culture (Caribbean) and other African cultures, it is a thing to be taken very seriously, and deserves at least some respect. If my husband asks to be buried back home, I will honor his request, because I love and respect him and his view/culture. If I made the same request I would hope he respected my wishes.

And... you must also consider the family of your SO. Your SO's request to be buried back home is surely no secret to his/her family. By not honoring your SO's request, you may be offending or disrespecting his family back home. That can stir up all kinds of ill will and contention. Family is everything in African and Caribbean culture...marrying some one of these backgrounds, call for understanding and respect for their culture, no matter how absurd it might appear to you.

Yes its expensive to send the body back home, but if you plan ahead, it wont be such a financial burden when the time comes. Life insurance is a good way to cover the cost of shipping the body

I agree with you. My husband's request to be buried in Morocco is his request and it doesn't really matter my opinion. I know its expensive, but isn't the average cost of a US funeral about $6000 or more?

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

He absolutely said he does not want to be buried in goris world. he also does not believe in embalment. im trying to explain this concept to him etc

What is "goris world"?

Whities :o

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.