benjaminalan

I-129f past dui offence

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello, i used to be a little wild in my younger days and i have 3 dui's (they are all misdeamor),Part C of I-129f ? #2,I have the secratary of state records to send in .Should i also get a background check from the state police to send in also??? Do u think this will have a negative effect on her visa? thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are the U.S. citizen, your criminal background is not the issue. They only want to make sure that the immigrant doesn't have a criminal background.

You don't have to send in anything for yourself if you are the U.S. citizen.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

If you are the U.S. citizen, your criminal background is not the issue. They only want to make sure that the immigrant doesn't have a criminal background.

Yes, having a DUI record won't affect your petition. My petitioner who is now my husband has DUI & our petition was approved. Goodluck to you... :thumbs:

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Evidently you've never heard of IMBRA. If he has 3 DUI's on his record he has to answer yes on the IMBRA related criminal background question. As such, he must send the court records. However, IMBRA is about informing the beneficiary, of the petitioner's criminal past, not denying the petition because of it.

Just send what the I-129F tells you to send.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

i think you should be fine.

my fiance had DUIs a while back as well and we got aproved. I think it makes a difference if there is some other crime related to the alcohol consumption.

worst case scenario...you get a RFE. very unlikely though....

I129-F sent: 03-17-2008

NOA1: 03-24-2008

NOA2: 06-04-2008

Interview: 07-10-2008 - APPROVED!!!

Going back home: 07-23-2008 yaaaaay

Court house wedding: 10-09-2008

AOS sent: 10-16-2008

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP: 10-22-2008

Case transfered to CSC: 11-07-2008

Biometrics: 11-12-2008

EAD an AP approved: 12-23-2008

AOS approved: 2-27-09

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi

I am new to this site . I have often read posts but never posted anything myself. My fiancee and I are in the process. We have recieved our noa2 and are waiting for a date for his medical and interview. Our concern is that he has 3 duiS in the past, the last one being in 2003 (I think it was) and we are Both afraid they will deny him his visa on account of this. Has anyone had experience with this? Help we are panicing! :help:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi

I am new to this site . I have often read posts but never posted anything myself. My fiancee and I are in the process. We have recieved our noa2 and are waiting for a date for his medical and interview. Our concern is that he has 3 duiS in the past, the last one being in 2003 (I think it was) and we are Both afraid they will deny him his visa on account of this. Has anyone had experience with this? Help we are panicing! :help:

I take it in this case it's the immigrant with the DUI convictions. This is probably a question for the waivers forum and should have its own thread there. Please provide the profile and timeline information and be clear about who and when.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.