k34

where did you first meet? online vs in person

61 posts in this topic

Online, in World of Warcraft :wow:

We both found in each the best team mate ever, and after playing together everyday for many months, with some OBVIOUS flirting ( and pictures, and MSN conversations) we finally admitted our infatuation for each other...

So we met in person, and Voila! the rest is history! :luv:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We met on City of Heroes...an online MMORG.

Neither of us were looking for anything...his character caught my eye, I private messaged him...we teamed for a bit...talked occasionally for months, then started talking more, then moved to MSN, video chatting, voice chatting...I was sooo smitten and finally he came to Canada to visit me for the first time in September 2006 and it was love at first kiss...actually...I loved him before I ever touched him.

It was meant to be <3

Crazy! Me and my hubby met on an MMORPG Final Fantasy 11 and our characters really stood out to eachother and we became close friends and then more! We are now happily married, but had no idea how hard it would be marrying someone from another country. Neither he nor I ever realized that when we finally got married, it would be so hard to live together. We have been apart for several weeks, 13ish and still have another 6 before he goes before the border and requests entry for the birth of the baby. He will be here only 3-1/2 weeks, but we keep hearing that no matter what, it depends on the border guard on whether you will get through or not. Sorry went off on a tangent. My husband and I met online and it was 11 months after we met online that we finally met in person here in the US... then almost another year (well, 8 months) before he came here and we got married. (I loved my hubby before ever touching or seeing a real picture of him.)

Online, in World of Warcraft :wow:

We both found in each the best team mate ever, and after playing together everyday for many months, with some OBVIOUS flirting ( and pictures, and MSN conversations) we finally admitted our infatuation for each other...

So we met in person, and Voila! the rest is history! :luv:

Seriously? Wow.... I didn't realize that we had that in common. I know a lot of people who left ffxi to play wow! We first messaged on MSN after leaving FFXI... that is awesome...

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

we met online through cherry blossom by accident i was looking she was just there to talk to friends i got involved with the chat room and made several friends there on was a gal in california when ady came online our friend told her she had someone she had to meet and we talked for quit a while then parted it was after that i panicked because i did not set a time to meet her again i got little sleep as i was checking to see if she was there and bugging everyone in the chatroom if they had seen her online it was awful when we finally connected again she said everyone told her i was looking for her from then on i knew what i wanted and all i had to do was convince her after a short time i finally worked up the nerve to send her an sms through yahoo in her own language ( side note.... if you do not know the language get someone who does...lol...) and sent it to her while she was at work her first response was "is this a proposal" seems it does not translate exactly and i even spent 2 hours with an online dictionary but her second reply was "most definitely yes" and the rest as they say is history. i would not trade a second of our time or our visa journey for anything because as the joys, triumphs and heartaches of ours and others we share with here we continue to grow closer and our bonds stronger we miss each other but so do a lot of other couples and we always know the day will come when we will be back in each others arms. :dance:

2_950692851l.jpg

October 24, 2007 - we met online ( Cherry Blossoms)

February 24, 2008 - He came to the Philippines to finally meet me!

February 26, 2008 - He proposed to me and I said YES!

March 4, 2008 - Flew back home ( US )- sad

K1 timeline:

April 7, 2008 - sent I-129f to VSC

April 10, 2008 - VSC received petition

April 18, 2008 - NOA1 hard copy received

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

July 15, 2008 - NOA2 (99days)

Aug.14-15,2008-Medical PASSED

Aug.22,2008- Interview PASSED (Pink Slip Only)

Aug.29,2008- VISA ON HAND

Sept.3,2008- POE Houston TX

October 25, 2008 - Officially Mrs. Eaton

AOS Timeline:

March 10, 2009 - AOS package sent to USCIS via FedEx

March 12, 2009 12:21pm - AOS package delivered to USCIS

March 20, 2009 - Check cashed

March 21, 2009 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765

March 24, 2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 4, 2009 - Case transferred to CSC

April 7, 2009 - Biometrics appointment is done

May 4, 2009 - AP approval notice received

May 8,2008 - EAD received

June 3, 2009 - Welcome notice from CRIS via email

June 8, 2009 - Receive hard copy of welcome notice on the mail

June 15, 2009 - Card production ordered

June 27, 2009 - Green Card on hand ( 2 years )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

As everyone else we met online (in a canadian free website called plentyoffish). I wasn't looking for anyone in term of relationship but more for someone to talk with because i was going through a little hard time and confusion about my life at that point. I was the one making the first move (his profil just sounded quite nice, easy to talk etc) and he answered the next day... after a while we decided to read all the Harry Potter together (he never read them and i am a fan)... and from one email to another, our friendship became a little more, and a little more, and a little more...

A couple of weeks later (quite fast), he came to visit me in Quebec city. It was quite nice but i was still in my confusion of my last relationship... so our start was quite bumpy.

Then a year later of trips here and there (to make a long story short) we decided to get maried... and here we are today !

The happiest couple on the planet ! :P

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There seems to be a majority of Canadian American couples who met on line through a mutual interest forum:-). We are another. We had both joined a spiritual teachings forum around the same time - summer of 2001 - and resonated with each other's posts. I found myself always reading what he had to write, and he found himself doing the same with my posts. After September 11, he co-founded a weekly online meditation group to help people deal/come to terms with/ 'do' something about the tragedy. A year later I joined the meditation group and so we got to know each other better - still really just as acquaintances. In January, 2003 I began to have problems with my computer, and I knew that Joe worked with computers (although I didn't know any details) so I IMed him and asked if he could help., He did, and we chatted afterwards for about 4 hours. He IMed me back the next night to see if everything still worked with the computer (it did), and that started our nightly IM chats. After a few weeks, we had our first phone call - and shortly afterwards we both realized we had fallen in love without knowing it was happening until it had. Neither of us were looking for a relationship, but we sort of just 'fell' into this one. We realized that we should meet in person before we decided if this was the real thing or just another 'internet' thing, so he flew up to Detroit in April and I picked him up at the airport. In person was even better than on-line! I flew down to visit him in Atlanta in May, and he proposed. We filed our I-129f in June, 2003 and the rest is history.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We also met online playing World of Warcraft. I never thought I'd be someone who played any kind of video/computer game until an ex got me into it. I'm so glad that he did or I wouldn't have met my husband. I think we had been talking for maybe a week or two, just as friends when I knew I needed him in my life permanently. I loved him before I ever touched him! On our first visit, he came to Edmonton to meet me, and his plane was delayed quite awhile, so we left the airport around 3 am. While driving home, we got pulled over by the police in a routine checkstop, but I was SO worried because I was so giddy. I was afraid he'd think I was drunk! :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline

We met online as well.. random chat room conversation and he asked me if we could continue our conversation via MSN. I gave him my "fake" e-mail address because I didn't know if he was a freak or not, and then I gave him my "real" addy a few weeks later. We met "in person" 3-4 months later in Bar Harbor, ME (geographical halfway point for us)

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We met at a arts festival. I was living an hour away on a TN work status and had lots of friends in Denver. So I went up for the weekend and we went to this Dark Arts Festival with bands and drinks etc. Friends wanted to go home early that I was staying with, so met up with other friends I knew and they said for me to stay till the end and I could crash at their place. She had to go take photos at the one bar (festival was a couple of bars doing art, dancing, bands etc) for the band, so I went with her.

Sat down next to my soon to be wife. Her and I looked at each other right away and started to talk. I asked her to hold my beer and I'd be back in a minute. An hour later I returned because I got caught up in talking to some other people I knew in the other part of the bar. Came back and she was still there with my beer.

That's the short simple version of it. Ended up dating a few months after (still lived an hour away) that meeting and got married a year or so later.

Funny thing is we later realized we had actually seen each other years before at another club. Since I had a foot brace on (big blue thing) from breaking my toe in soccer, she recalled seeing me at the club dancing in it. That was kind of cool to find out we actually crossed paths before without realizing it...

Edited by warlord

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

we met in person. a group of us from a triathlon forum had met at a race a couple of years before and we keep in touch still. we try to get as many of us as possible together annualy at some race or another. one year, one of the fellows drove up to the race in Memphis from Louisiana with his friend -and i'm now married to that friend.

after that first meeting we kept in touch via email and phone. he decided to come out to watch me race in Wisconsin a couple of months later and I then returned the favour by going to watch him race in Hawaii. We've been together ever since and will be returning to race in Wisconsin this September - the spot where we had our 'first dates'.

k

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Joel and I met online as well. I had just separated from my ex (LONG story that one) and moved in with my mother who had just been diagnosed with recurrent breast cancer that had metastacised into her bones and lungs. There were no support groups in the area, and the one that I did find only met once a month for an hour. As I was researching the drugs being poured into my mom's body I came across a website that offered online support. Never being much of an online chatter, I was hesitant but decided to check it out. This was in April 2003. This group accepted me with "open" arms...virtually. These people knew exactly what I was feeling and understood them. In November 2003 "Fuzzness" came into the room...apparently he was a regular but I had not met him since I was not in there every day. He truly understood my fears, my anger, my confusion...he had lost his father less than two years before so he knew what I was going through...and would eventually go through. You know, I don't even remember what started it all, I remember being introduced to him and his words had a kindness that struck me. I don't remember who private messaged who first, but it doesn't really matter. We connected in a way I had never EVER connected with anyone else...and I know that sounds hokey but it's true. We started chatting privately (on mIRC) as friends...we both weren't looking for anything more. I was not done with my divorce at the time and he was just coming out of a bad relationship. Well, that friendship began to deepen, even though neither one of us would admit it for nothing! We met face to face in July 2004...my first time on a plane and out of the country! Momma thought I had lost my senses...but I wasn't nervous. I *knew* him. Anywho, that trip began a series of back and forth visits until he and I decided to marry and start this visa journey in 2005. He arrived here in 2006.

Momma eventually met him on several occasions...loved him...and gave us her blessings before she passed away just before our wedding. I was told long before I met Joel that sometimes good things come out of the saddest of circumstances. Momma was right it seems. (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
Wow. I'm kinda feeling like I'm missing out by not knowing anything about online games. :lol:

Same here Krikit, I'm still wondering what an MMORG is?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
I had to look it up...

MMORG Massively Multiplayer Online Racing Game

MMORG Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/MMORG

Ohhhh got it!! :wacko: I am a "games virgin!" :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.