J & Q

Visa canceled

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is pretty disturbing that they seem to have a bias if anyone is introduced by a relative. most of my friends who are married were introduced by family members. anyone know the overall approval rates at the HCMC consulate? It wolud be interesting to know. It seems like a lot of people are introduced by relatives.

Rodney

Edited by Rodney n.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
J&Q,

I was once in your shoes and I know the feeling. No word is strong enough to describe such horrible feeling. So, you have my sympathy. I really do not know how and when they will send your case back stateside but once the case is here in the US, you have 30 days to appeal but do not wait till the last minute because they usually will cancell the petition as soon as 1 week. ME must have some sort of representative in Saigon to take care of his business on his behalf, don't you think? So, maybe you can contact him again and ask for what you or his people in VN can do to stall the case from being sent back? It is best to keep it there. I know it is seasier said than done but all I can do is to offer you my limited advice and support. My friend, hang in there.

Kevin,

I do greatly appreciate your advice. I am so frustrated and devastated right now. I spoke with ME and he gave me the number for 1 of his colleagues but it was too late by the time I got the information. I am asking my fiancée to call first thing tomorrow morning to meet with him. I hope that there is something that they can do to help. I have been up since 5:00 this morning as soon as I found out, sending emails and trying to obtain as much information that I could.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline
This is pretty disturbing that they seem to have a bias if anyone is introduced by a relative. most of my friends who are married were introduced by family members. anyone know the overall approval rates at the HCMC consulate? wold be interesting to know.

Rodney

Rodney,

It looks like most of the people on here received their Visa's. There were a few that received blue slips but once they submitted the documents a pink slip was issued. That is those who reported back anyway. I don't know how many were denied and never posted a thread.

4432.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Sorry to hear that you guys got so much trouble.

Hope that there is still something you guys can do to prevent them of sending the file back to the US.

06/02/2006 - filed I-129F

12/16/2006 - Enter States thru Atlanta

01/13/2007 - Marriage

01/19/2007 - Filed AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/06/2007 - NOA that AOS has been forwarded to CSC

02/12/2007 - Fingerprinting in St. Louis

03/28/2007 - email notification that card production ordered!!!! (Day 68)

04/20/2007 - GC in the mail.....no more USCIS for 2 years!!!!!

12/29/08 - Filed I-751 to VSC

01/12/09 - NOA in mail

01/24/09 - received ASC notice

02/06/09 - biometrics appointment in Orlando

02/09/09 - touch

06/01/09 - approval letter in mail

12/11/09 - Filed N-400 to NSC

12/14/09 - Package arrived at NSC

12/26/09 - NOA in mail

01/22/10 - Fingerprinting in Orlando

03/08/10 - Interview in Orlando (passed)

03/12/10 - Oath Ceremony

Matthew Quoc-Minh *11/29/08*

7 lbs 6 oz. (3.35 kg) and 20" (51cm)

01/29/09 (2-month-check-up): 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg) and 22" (56cm)

03/30/09 (4-month-check-up): 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg) and 25" (63cm)

05/29/09 (6-month-check-up): 19.2 lbs (8.7 kg) and 26" (66cm)

12/1/09 (12-month-check-up): 22 lbs (10 kg) and 30.3" (77cm)

06/11/10 (18-month-check-up): 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg) and 33.5" (85cm)

12/13/10 (24-month-check-up): 31.7 lbs (14.4 kg) and 35.8" (91cm)

Timeline
J,

Hang in there brother. The first 48 hours after hearing this news is the worst. Me and Ha, Pasaitoh and Ngoc, are right there with you.

I am certainly trying. I took the day off from work today to try and get someething resolved hopefully soon. How your the two of you making out with your case?

4432.gif

Timeline

I contacted my congressman, and am hoping he can get the petition stalled at HCMC. Then I am hiring Marc Ellis in hopes that he can get it straightened out at the consulate. I already rebutted everything they said was wrong with our petition on our green sheet and spoke to the chief CO at HCMC in person, which didn't do anything. There is a slim chance that when the chief CO reviews it, he might approve it, but I doubt they overrule the regular COs. Our best bet is that the petition stays in HCMC and Marc can get it resolved.

American Gentleman and I have been keeping in touch about our cases, but right now we are really just waiting. That is tough.

I hope you have success in getting this turned around!

Filed: Timeline

I've said it before and I will say it again... The only way to put a stop to this nonsese is through the courts. Take the U.S. Government to court and win. What the government is doing is discriminatory. The Vietnamese visa filers are being handled differently from all others.

You just have to find a lawyer to take the case. Locating an ACLU chapter that is sympathetic would help (and I hate the ACLU, but they are perfect for this).

Timeline

Yeah, we are both hiring M.E. with the slim hope our cases might get reconsidered. But we are both realist and are preparing for our cases to be sent back. Should we get sent back to square one, we want M.E. in our corner for round two. I am trying to stay positive. Telling myself if we have to wait another year, Ha's English will be even better. Telling myself, I will get to go back to VN and see friends I made when I was there last year. I am not a real religious man, but sometimes things do happen for a reason. In other words, I am grasping at straws to maintain my sanity.

Timeline

I hired a lawyer here in the states which was of some help sending me all of the forms and making sure they were filled out correctly (i think). Now I am still waiting on the USCIS to approve our I 129 and after reading all of the information on here I Hired ME and Mr. Nam (the Vietnamese lawyer). I know Xuan has had an interview before when her aunt tried to "help" her. Once she found out that she would have to marry the man at the interview, well lets just say that was that. Now this was back on 2006 before we met. That application was sent back for review to the USCIS where it still waits (thank god). ME said our case would be straight forward enough but the dark cloud of the other petition hang above our heads. I hired ME and Mr. Nam because this is what they do. They take cases that are difficult or have been rejected and fix them. In my case I wanted to go into the interview with all my ducks in a row if you will. It may seem like it cost some money but I think it was said on another post, "if it is bribe money they want tell me were to send the check" While it is not bribe money, it may have the same effect. You do not get a reputation like ME without being able to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Just some thoughts. Good luck and if you need ME's number/email or Mr. Nam's number/email just let me know.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline
Yeah, we are both hiring M.E. with the slim hope our cases might get reconsidered. But we are both realist and are preparing for our cases to be sent back. Should we get sent back to square one, we want M.E. in our corner for round two. I am trying to stay positive. Telling myself if we have to wait another year, Ha's English will be even better. Telling myself, I will get to go back to VN and see friends I made when I was there last year. I am not a real religious man, but sometimes things do happen for a reason. In other words, I am grasping at straws to maintain my sanity.

Yeah I got to say I am in the same boat. If we have to refile, there has got to be a reason. At least that is what I am trying to convince myself. Maybe its being held up until I get a raise, a better job offer. I dunno. I have to agree tho, its probably just self delusion to try and make ourselves feel positive.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

My heart goes out to all of you. It sounds like you are doing everything you can at this point. I would contact the ACLU like Matt suggested. They need a good, old fashioned class action suit against them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Part of the problem is if you cannot resolve the denial, then this will haunt you later if you choose to marry and refile.I have read other consulates are starting to deny also based on introductions through relatives or friends.

Hopefully ME can resolve the cases and everyone can move on with their lives.

It always seems to be something new, before if you met through a marriage broker was no good, now relatives are bad, what next?

I myself have a problem also,I married in Vietnam but did not have enough holiday time to stay to get marriage certificate, so I cannot file yet until get that. Wish i knew in advance you had to wait 40 days. I also was introduced to my wife through her cousin, and also worry what will happen if we are denied.

Good Luck to all

Craig

Timeline
Part of the problem is if you cannot resolve the denial, then this will haunt you later if you choose to marry and refile.I have read other consulates are starting to deny also based on introductions through relatives or friends.

Hopefully ME can resolve the cases and everyone can move on with their lives.

It always seems to be something new, before if you met through a marriage broker was no good, now relatives are bad, what next?

I myself have a problem also,I married in Vietnam but did not have enough holiday time to stay to get marriage certificate, so I cannot file yet until get that. Wish i knew in advance you had to wait 40 days. I also was introduced to my wife through her cousin, and also worry what will happen if we are denied.

Good Luck to all

Craig

Like I said in a different thread, lots of people are introduced by relatives. My sister in law worked for me, and that is how she met my brother. Fortunately for them they are both US citizens, but if not they would be in the same boat. I know there is a lot of fraud of families trying to get relatives over, but you can't just dismiss anyone who was introduced by a relative. I'd actually be more skeptical of someone with no family ties. If someone is being upfront about the relationship, that should count for you, not against you. But unfortunately it doesn't.

Timeline

You would think the embassy would be thrilled that a beneficiary has relatives in the States. What a lot of people do not realize is the beneficiary goes thru some SERIOUS culture shock when they come here. In some cases, it is so overwelming it can be hard to adapt. Having friends and family can only serve to ease the tension of relocating to a new and foreign place.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.