J & Q

Visa canceled

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Wait4ever,

I truly appreciate your response. It has been a tough couple weeks after we received the worst possible outcome. Things are better between us now, we were just so disappointed because we thought that we would be starting our lives together as a family soon and now it is anyone's guess. We have recently hired ME and I am flying out on 7/31 to meet with him and to spend some time with my love. I am hoping that I will get there before the consulate sends back the petition if he hasn't done so already. ME's office asked me for all of our email correspondents from my mail box but as luck would have it, my hard drive crashed and surely enough all of my emails were stored on it. I will never use AOL's service again as emails do not save to their server indefinitely like Yahoo or Gmail. I contacted AOL and they state that once an email has either been deleted or expired it is not recoverable. I was only able to recover emails from June and July. That alone is almost 100 emails that I sent let alone what she sent. I am hoping that when I get a replacement computer I can recover the emails since I backed up my PC in June using Norton Ghost.

Hopefully I will have better news when I return.

You should try shoving the drive into another pc. You might luck out and be able to get your email off of it. Even if you think it is totally dead, you might try a program called Spinrite. Just google for it. Leo Laporte swears up and down it can recover stuff other tools cannot. I think it costs a little bit, but if you could get your email it would be worth its weight in gold.

Now you will back up every week from now on right? :)

I learned the hard way when i lost all of our yahoo chat, fortunately my old attorney had made copies of what i printed out. Now I make sure i back up at least once a week.

Good luck!

I tried it on another working PC to rule out a possible bad mother board and nothing. I also brought it to two different computer service repair centers and was told the same by both, that they cannot communicate with the hard drive and that I would have to send it in to recover the data on the partitions. I was told by one company to expect it to cost at least $1500 and the other place told me about $2000. That also does not guarantee that they can recover all the data. I am in the wrong business :wacko: I am hoping that Ghost will work once I receive my new PC. If not, I will certainly look into Spinrite.

I must have gotten lazy because I usually back up my HD every other day. I had a lot going on though with the visa denial and all. I guess it goes to show that you can't let your guard down.

Thanks for the information. :thumbs:

Edited by J & Q

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.