MrsCat

Anyone else a last minute packer

49 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I pack 2-3 days before a trip.

My mother is going to Machu Picchu tomorrow. Her flight leaves in 7 hours - we're leaving the house in 5 hours. She's just her started laundry and is thinking about getting the last things she needs at the 24 hour Wal-mart in an hour or so. It's 10pm, and has now decided that she wants to finish some gardening first.

I'm stressed for her. She doesn't seem to care.

What is the need/desire for last minute packing?

Karma - mom just came downstairs as I was about add post, and said "f-ing dog, just had to step in a fresh pile in my hiking boots". Hahahahahahaha - I guess you don't see the bombs on the lawn when its getting dark. :whistle:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
I pack 2-3 days before a trip.

My mother is going to Machu Picchu tomorrow. Her flight leaves in 7 hours - we're leaving the house in 5 hours. She's just her started laundry and is thinking about getting the last things she needs at the 24 hour Wal-mart in an hour or so. It's 10pm, and has now decided that she wants to finish some gardening first.

I'm stressed for her. She doesn't seem to care.

What is the need/desire for last minute packing?

Karma - mom just came downstairs as I was about add post, and said "f-ing dog, just had to step in a fresh pile in my hiking boots". Hahahahahahaha - I guess you don't see the bombs on the lawn when its getting dark. :whistle:

That would drive me insane! :blink: We start at least a few days prior, including posting a list of things to take/do that gets checked off.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Timeline
That would drive me insane! :blink:We start at least a few days prior, including posting a list of things to take/do that gets checked off.

Amen to that - she was starting to make me think I was just being compulsive. Lists are necessary.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I have to admit I am a last minute packer, I pack maybe the day before I leave, and that is only if I am going to Africa, if it is within the states, maybe a couple of hours before hand. Drives my family crazy, they are into lists, and packing days ahead of time.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline
I have to admit I am a last minute packer, I pack maybe the day before I leave, and that is only if I am going to Africa, if it is within the states, maybe a couple of hours before hand. Drives my family crazy, they are into lists, and packing days ahead of time.

A day before going to Africa? Yup, I'd lose my mind. 2-3 hours within the States - I'd be certifiable.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

i pack the night before I travel.. even on international travel

but before leaving I check everything i need like 5 times, check for passport, tickets, wallet and money

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

A day before going to Africa? Yup, I'd lose my mind. 2-3 hours within the States - I'd be certifiable.

:yes:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Timeline

but before leaving I check everything i need like 5 times, check for passport, tickets, wallet and money

oh shudder. . . . . . :unsure:

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My mom (R.I.P.) could pack like it was nobody's business. But couldn't be on time for anything. Family functions dinner reservations... we had to lie to her about the time to be anywhere. :)

I will share something with you though. She was wise beyond her time. When it came to extended trips or vacations instead of packing 2 or 3(or 4 sometimes) suitcases and having to pay because it weighed too much, she would ship it. Yep. She would pack everything in shipping boxes and head to UPS. We NEVER had lost luggage and if you have it shipped to your hotel they will hold it and put in your room ahead of time. (Of course she made prior arrangements with the hotel) AND when at the airport you never had to wait at the luggage carousel because it was on its way home. I'm sure some won't agree but I thought it was smart.

Maybe she anticipated the airports charging for luggage??? HMMM.

Thanks, MOM

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: Timeline

I pack the day I leave (if I fly out in the noon or later) or the night before, if I fly out in the morning. And I never forget anything. I just know which clothes in my closet to combine and I know what toiletries I need (I usually pack them on the same day after the shower). Same goes for my cabin bag for long distance flights.

I think you develop a routine after a while, just depending on how much you travel. :)

Your Mom will be fine, don't stress too much. Besides, if she forgets something, I am sure there are shops where she is going. :lol:

same here.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I packed and organize 2 days before a trip. But on the day of departure, I am not aware

some things are not in the bag yet. So that makes me a last minute packer, I think.

---------------------------------

For updates, please visit my Websites: Workplace On the Web, Mhar's Display, Any Day Shop, A Blogger's Tech Notes, Bright Bundles, Emotionally Entertaining

My Friendster: MarlyM

Want Extra Cash? Click: Hits4Pay, ClixSense,

FortWorthStockyards5-23-08.jpg

At Fort Worth Stockyards

---------------------------------

April 12, 2008 - Wedding, Rose Garden (Tyler, TX)

May 23, 2008 - mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

June 7, 2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

June 9, 2008 - Received ASC letter

June 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment in Fort Worth

July 9, 2008 - AOS transferred to CA

July 28, 2008 - AOS approved

Aug. 5, 2008 - GC received

I usually pack the day before the trip, but i plan ahead, anticipating anything out of the ordinary i might need and take care of that within the days leading up to the trip.

keTiiDCjGVo