GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My email from the NVC:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry.  When the petition is received at the NVC from the U.S. Embassy, it will immediately be forwarded to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS - formerly known as INS) for processing. All inquiries and submissions of additional documentation should be directed to the CIS office that originally approved the petition.  

Regards,

National Visa Center

Not very helpful. I'm assuming that means the NVC hasn't got it back from the Embassy yet. This is really starting to piss me off. Someone has to have the damn file.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
My email from the NVC:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry.  When the petition is received at the NVC from the U.S. Embassy, it will immediately be forwarded to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS - formerly known as INS) for processing. All inquiries and submissions of additional documentation should be directed to the CIS office that originally approved the petition.  

Regards,

National Visa Center

Not very helpful. I'm assuming that means the NVC hasn't got it back from the Embassy yet. This is really starting to piss me off. Someone has to have the damn file.

YEAH ME TOO!! I wonder if they are even tracking the damn things!! so far rlt seems to be the only one who got a definite answer from NVC about them receiving his petition. Well I am going to raise hell soon, its going to be a month this Monday since the embassy sent it back to the USA!!! :devil:

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Thanks mike for the info. sorry i woke up late coz i couldnt sleep last night i was getting anxiety attacks. i spent all day yesterday just trying to overcome it. i told my friend that i was having a hard time breathing... she asked me to calm down, i thought i was not too stressed about the whole situation. perhaps i really wasnt stressing but i get these attacks when something good or bad happens. and it turned out to be GOOD NEWS!

we will all get there, just a couple of days more... let us all keep our fingers crossed!

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My email from the NVC:

Dear Madam,

Regards,

National Visa Center

YEAH ME TOO!! I wonder if they are even tracking the damn things!! so far rlt seems to be the only one who got a definite answer from NVC about them receiving his petition. Well I am going to raise hell soon, its going to be a month this Monday since the embassy sent it back to the USA!!! :devil:

I contacted Vermont directly yesterday and the woman told me that our petition was there and undergoing security checks. You should try to contact the service center you went thru, and ask a live person. The automated system said nothing about my petition being returned.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I had posted this and seen it, but I guess I was so excited that a new form already in draft form that I forgot to read the heading and went straight to what had changed.

Btw, it does seem like it will be e-fillable, which would be fantastic for us all, since we can all send them straight with no further delays waiting for Fedex or whatever.

At least we have a little hope now!!!!!! I am leaving on Monday to go visit my Fiancee in UK. Will be first time we have been together since March 13th 2006. Hoping to be able to give her good news by then.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My email from the NVC:

Dear Madam,

Regards,

National Visa Center

I contacted Vermont directly yesterday and the woman told me that our petition was there and undergoing security checks. You should try to contact the service center you went thru, and ask a live person. The automated system said nothing about my petition being returned.

I just hope these security checks are the new ones on the american citizen.

Since USCIS was clueless on the phone about IMBRA, I wonder if they considered our recalled cases not approved by Consulates and in need of more Security checks.

Those who could go for 6 months or so.

I know, I know... but I needed to say.

I´m damn scared about everything now.

I just hate that no recalled petitions got any note from USCIS.

Timeline

Update----or not really, Called USCIS again, they do not have a direct number or email to contact Vermont, she said that I can write to them via snail mail :angry:

She wasnt very helpful at all really. She said there is no way to check, sometimes the system online does not get updated (this is the opposite of what they told me last time I called) I've lost all patience, something better happen soon!!!!

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Since some questions/concerns about our petitions getting back to VSC. I talked to my Congressman's office yesterday and they contacted the NVC and were notified that my petition had just been forwarded that day to VSC. My letter from the German consulate on the returning of the petition was 18-May. So it took from 18-May to 6-Jun to get underway at least to VSC.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I am not sure if this was posted in this thread or not, and I am sorry if they already did, because I am not going to brows thru 60 pages. This actually gives me hope. It seems that they are requesting the approval of the new form by June 9, 2006. It also sounds like it might be done by e-file. Tell me what you think???

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for...i-129f_83-i.pdf

I found the '200,000 petitioners per year' number an interesting factoid. Always wondered how many K-1 petitions there were in a given year...

My email from the NVC:

Dear Madam,

Regards,

National Visa Center

I'm wondering.. someone else said that they were told that the petitions were being returned visa diplomatic mail--I'm assuming that means the same as diplomatic pouch. If so, I think the posts wait until their pouch is 'full' or send once per month, whichever comes first.

If your file is coming from a lower-traffic post, that could explain the delay in seeing it get back to the US.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

I am not sure if this was posted in this thread or not, and I am sorry if they already did, because I am not going to brows thru 60 pages. This actually gives me hope. It seems that they are requesting the approval of the new form by June 9, 2006. It also sounds like it might be done by e-file. Tell me what you think???

I found the '200,000 petitioners per year' number an interesting factoid. Always wondered how many K-1 petitions there were in a given year...

My email from the NVC:

Dear Madam,

Regards,

National Visa Center

I'm wondering.. someone else said that they were told that the petitions were being returned visa diplomatic mail--I'm assuming that means the same as diplomatic pouch. If so, I think the posts wait until their pouch is 'full' or send once per month, whichever comes first.

If your file is coming from a lower-traffic post, that could explain the delay in seeing it get back to the US.

yes that was me, I did think about that myself.....well this is ridicilous, and that is all that I have to say! :yes:

And my congressman's district office has nothing to tell me either!!!!! They keep saying they're working on it.

Edited by Aquelunya

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

FYI - Diplomatic mail (or pouch/bag) is typically sent out once a week at most embassies, irrelevant if they are full or not. (I used to work at one)

My email from the NVC:

Dear Madam,

Regards,

National Visa Center

Sean & Tanya

Norfolk, VA & Ottawa, ON

K-1 Journey

August 11, 2006- Sent I-129f ~ Finally!!!

August 12, 2006- I-129f received

August 16, 2006 - N0A1

August 29, 2006 - Touched

Sept 7, 2006 - NOA2 as per USCIS website ~ Approved in 27 days!

Sept 13, 2006- Received N0A2 by mail

Sept 15, 2006- Received letter from NVC dated Sept 13 that case will be sent to Montreal within a week

Oct 2, 2006- Received Packet 3 from MTL!

Oct 11, 2006 - Mailed back Packet 3 to MTL

Oct 19, 2006 - MTL received Packet 3

Nov 15, 2006 - Medical appointment in Ottawa

Dec 22, 2006 - Received Packet #4

Jan 25, 2007 - Interview date @ 14h30

Jan 4th 2007- Phoned MTL Consulate to reschedule interview for late April due to Navy deployment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
FYI - Diplomatic mail (or pouch/bag) is typically sent out once a week at most embassies, irrelevant if they are full or not. (I used to work at one)

My email from the NVC:

Dear Madam,

Regards,

National Visa Center

The ones from Brazil were sent back via Fedex and got to NVC in 4 days, I think.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Update----or not really, Called USCIS again, they do not have a direct number or email to contact Vermont, she said that I can write to them via snail mail :angry:

She wasnt very helpful at all really. She said there is no way to check, sometimes the system online does not get updated (this is the opposite of what they told me last time I called) I've lost all patience, something better happen soon!!!!

Call this number 1-800-375-5283

press 1 pause 2 pause 6 pause 1

Enter Receipt #

press 3 pause 2 pause 1

You will be connected to Vermont

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Timeline

Well, now I don't know if I should even worry more :unsure: If they sent it at the end of each week, Vermont should have had it ages ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bahhhh :wacko:

Well the embassy assured us that there is no way that it got lost via this diplomatic mail/pouch, hence my only conclusion is that its just sitting somewhere, thats swell!!!! :whistle:

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.