pasaitoh

Visa Denied Also

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Every illegal Mexican in Texas is rolling on the floor in hysterical, derisive laughter at all this. And, it's not just at this consulate. See the thread "US Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador" in the Latin American subforum for some of the monkeyshines affecting FOUR of us (two K-1, two CR-1) this week and next. I fear that it will be only the tip of the iceberg for us, too.

Fight like a b*stard to overcome the injustice foisted upon you, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I always am saddened by stories like this. I hope you are able to work things out.

The lesson here is that is: If a relative of the foreign loved one introduced you, be very careful. This will arouse immediate suspicion which can be exacerbated by the home location and/or situation of either party (and the introducing relative).

I understand your anger. But, I believe it is misdirected. The next time someone offers you money to marry an overseas relative; take it out on them!

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Well, if it is bribe money they want, tell me where to send the damn check.

Sending a check for a bribe in VN?? :blink: ... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Good one!

Our K1 Timeline

03.11 - 4.10.2005 - Met on vacation in Vietnam

10.25 - 11.19.2005 - Returned to Vietnam & got engaged 11.1.05

12.29.2005 - I-129F Sent

01.04.2006 - I-129F NOA1/Receipt and Case Number

03.23.2006 - NOA2

04.05.2006 - Rec'd @ NVC

04.07.2006 - Left for HCMC

04.08.2006 - e-file in HCMC

05.10.2006 - HCMC sends out packet 3

06.02.2006 - Rec'd packet 3

06.05.2006 - sent forms back to HCMC

07.17.2006 - called and got Interview date

07.20.2006 - Rec'd packet 4

08.10.2006 - ***INTERVIEW*** - Blue slip

08.11.2006 - Went to embassy with add'l evidence - Green Slip

03.23.2007 - both of us interviewed and ....PASSED

03.24.2007 - Picked up VISA!!!!!

04.11.2007 - Got Married!

07.18.2007 - Mailed AOS paperwork

08.28.2007 - RFE

09.18.2007 - Mailed back add'l paperwork

10.12.2007 - EAD card issued

11.14.2007 - notified by phone of Interview in 2 days!

11.16.2007 - INTERVIEW (RFE given for add'l evidences..again!)

12.06.2007 - Dropped off evidences at USCIS office

12.18.2007 - I485 Card Production Ordered

12.29.2007 - Card Rec'd!!!

11.19.2009 - I-751 filed for lifting conditions

11.20.2009 - Issued NOA

01.22.2010 - photo and fingerprints

02.03.2010 - lifting conditions APPROVED!!

02.09.2010 - card rec'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????????? - All of our lives together to figure out the rest ;)

Timeline
I always am saddened by stories like this. I hope you are able to work things out.

The lesson here is that is: If a relative of the foreign loved one introduced you, be very careful. This will arouse immediate suspicion which can be exacerbated by the home location and/or situation of either party (and the introducing relative).

I understand your anger. But, I believe it is misdirected. The next time someone offers you money to marry an overseas relative; take it out on them!

Thanks for the support.

But just to clear this up, no one offered me money to marry my fiancee. While I understand they have to look out for fraud, and the marry my cousin for money situation, they should not assume that is the case. I introduced my brother to his fiancee. Does that make their relationship a sham? By the consulates thinking yes.

My anger is at the HCMC consulate for not taking the five minutes it would take to clear this all up. Did we do everything correctly, absolutely not. We goofed some, the consulate goofed a lot more. We addressed the problems and corrected them as asked. The consulate couldn't care less to do the same. That is why I am angry.

Timeline

Yeah, my anger is derived from the fact that they are not even giving us a course of action to follow. It is as if they made up their mind weeks ago and are not willign to let us prove our case.

Oh and after hearing how they treated Pasa, I am afraid to even rock the boat. I think if my senator DID call them, they would take offense and see to it my peition got sent back.

Every time I tried to get my senator or congressman involved in my case, all they would do is send an email asking for the current status. They told me they can not do anything more than that. I ask them to call the consulate and personally get involved with my case but they wouldn't. It really became frustrating and I felt powerless fighting them. A senator may be able to request a meeting for you with the consulate but that is not 100%. If anyone here has had a senator or congressman help them with a case other gather info for you, please tell us your story.

I wish you guys the best. Hang in there! It is never over!

P.S.

I had the strongest urge to take a leak on the walls of the consulate before I left just to show them how much I appreciated all the time and money I spent fighting that hell hole.

Of course, I chickened out.

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Every time I tried to get my senator or congressman involved in my case, all they would do is send an email asking for the current status. They told me they can not do anything more than that. I ask them to call the consulate and personally get involved with my case but they wouldn't. It really became frustrating and I felt powerless fighting them. A senator may be able to request a meeting for you with the consulate but that is not 100%. If anyone here has had a senator or congressman help them with a case other gather info for you, please tell us your story.

I wish you guys the best. Hang in there! It is never over!

P.S.

I had the strongest urge to take a leak on the walls of the consulate before I left just to show them how much I appreciated all the time and money I spent fighting that hell hole.

Of course, I chickened out.

hahahah yes but peeing on the street is actually LEGAL in Vietnam. As Tan likes to say: Pee on the street and enjoy the special freedom of my country.

:thumbs:

ILOVETAN

Timeline

Well everyone,

I've gotten everything my congressman's office asked for together. And I will hand deliver it tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully they can help in some way.

Also Ngoc called ME's assistant in Ho Chi Minh City and has setup an appointment to see him.

I'm so low I'm not expecting any help at this point, but the fact that I am trying to do something about it is keeping my head above water.

The worst part of this is having to explain to everyone you know why you didn't get the visa. And then them agreeing with you that someone must be on drugs not to approve it.

Sigh...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Boy I wish I found this website a week or two ago. We in a similar boat to the thread AmericanGentleman started.

My fiancee, Ngoc had her interview at the HCMC Consulate on Monday the 16th at 8 am.

We thought we were really well prepared. We ran through the instructions multiple times, made sure we had everything in duplicate. Our lawyer (US Lawyer) said our case should be open and shut no problem. We had plenty of evidence and it was well documented. Ngoc listened and practiced sample questions prepared by our lawyer, and I grilled her to make sure we were prepared.

Then disaster struck.

Ngoc was interviewed by a Asian man and a female translator. Had we known about the translators, Ngoc would have done the interview in English. We only opted for the translator, because we didn't want any misunderstandings. Big mistake.

Looking back on what was asked, these seem to be the problem:

How did you meet? = My Uncle JBV and introduced us.

How did you Fiance propose? = He gave me a diamond ring and asked me to marry him. -- this lead to two more questions

You didn't have an engagement party? = No, just proposed with the ring

What is your relationship to your Uncle? What is your Uncle's relationship to your fiance? = My uncle is my Grandmother's Sister's Son (so really 2nd cousin). Uncle JBV and my fiance are friends.

Here is the big problem - Translator still says to the interviewer that Uncle JBV is an Uncle not a Grandmother's Sister's Son.

Then the BLUE slip asking for the following:

Two Electronic DS 156 (We had two typed ones -- ok no big deal, we goofed a little on the convoluted instructions)

List of Names, dates of birth, addresses of Family in the US -- Ok we can get this together fairly easily

Timeline of relationship - Ok no problem, can have it notorized at the embassy. Only problem is I write JBV is her 2nd cousin (which is 100% true).

Petitioner - Proof of purchase of 3 trips worth of airline tickets by credit card statement (weird considering my tickets are included in the packet with our proof, but not a problem)

We rush around all morning thinking we just need to turn this in, and we will be in good shape. Go back to the embassy at 3 pm. Told by security I cannot have my timeline notorized until 8 am. Ok no biggie, what is one more day?

We go back on the afternoon of June 17th at 1pm. We figure it shouldn't take like maybe one and a half hours. Four hours later Ngoc comes out crying saying " They Said We Lied!" #######?

We got the GREEN SLIP:

Beneficiary and Petitionerstatement conflict = She says her Uncle introduced them and her uncle is friends with petitioner. Petitioner says 2nd cousin introduced them, and that Uncle is his best friend

Claim to have started communicating in March 2006, but email starts in August 2007.

Internet phone records only show billing, not phone number of petitioner or beneficiary

Photographs submitted as proof do not show the petitioner and beneficiary have spent more than 2 days together.

CASE BEING SENT BACK TO USCIS

#######?

So I call the Consulate on the cab ride, and am told I cannot speak to a CO. Our case is being returned etc. I said your CO didn't do their job. I can prove he is wrong. They say ok, bring back the GREEN sheet with your proof.

So I write a nice letter explaining everything. The translators miscue, the fact that we are talking about the same exact person, regardless if he is her uncle or second cousin or other semantic BS. I don't know why there was no email from March 2006 to August 2007. I print out our backups of the missing email. I download detailed billing from Skype and Yahoo Voice showing Ngoc's phone number and the time and cost of each call. Finally and this is the one that really annoys me is the pictures. We submitted about two hundred photos. I went and printed 800 more photos from my flickr account. Each with a date stamp showing the date the photo was taken from the EXIF information. Over 15 different days. 2 my butt.

Head back to the embassy at 8 am. Get sassmouthed by the woman at the window. I demand to speak to a CO and an American. Finally she says if I come at 1pm I can talk to one of the COs.

1pm comes around. I am first in line. Get my ticket and wait. Talk to another local at the window. Won't let me do anything without giving him our Green sheet and proof. Gives me another ticket and says wait by window number 9. 3 Hours go by and it seems everyone with Fiancee cases has been called over a hour ago. Now we are into regular immigration and work type visas from what I can tell. Only locals show their faces in the windows. So when a window opens up I jumped in before they could call the next number. THEY FORGOT ABOUT ME. Then I had to give them my Fiancee's name again, case number etc. Wait some more please. She comes back finally about 40 minutes later. Sir this visa is being sent back to the US. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I said I want to talk to the supervisor now. Thinking that if I can talk to an American, he will use his brain and see, duh well we had some paperwork to get cleared up, but we would have it settled. No Dice. Middle aged guy wearing glasses.

I asked him what seemed to be the problem. He said they had a "feeling" our relationship was a sham. I was like what? I said we did everything you asked us. I wrote a detailed letter. I proved everything you said was an issue wasn't. Why do you "feel" our relationship is a sham, that is very nebulous. He said yeah it is. I asked him how can I prove to you that our relationship is genuine. He said I really don't see how you can. I said well look at the letter and the evidence. He said how do I know you did this, how do I know the evidence is real. You didn't sign your letter. I didn't because the man up front took it before I could ask questions. Could I sign it now? Do you have proof of who you say you are? Is my US Passport good enough? I'll hold off on sending this back to USCIS for a few weeks and maybe I'll look this stuff you provided over. I told him I am here until the 24th. Lets get this taken care of. I can come back everyday if needed. No DON'T COME BACK (it wasn't a suggestion), I'll call your girlfriend if I change my mind.

So needless to say we are floored. I just got back a few hours ago. I've called my representative and am waiting to be called back. I don't know what else to do, all our plans were tossed away. Our deposit for wedding pictures lost. We can't make invitations, her wedding dress, my suit. My parents are having to change their vacations at work. This is messing up two familys. Nevermind me having to explain to her relatives why we aren't getting a visa.

Anyone have any suggestions?

im so sorry u already did what u can do =( dont give hope i hope everything will turn ok... try to contact the senator goodluck

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Marriage: July 16, 2005

I-130 sent: Oct 27, 2007

California Service Center Recieved Oct. 29, 2007

NOA1: Jan 17, 2008

I-130 Approved: April 22, 2008

Received DS-3032/ I-864 Bill: June 3, 2008

AOS bill paid: June 18th 2008

AOS sent : June 30th 2008 Received July 1

AOS cover sheet print out: June 18, 2008

DS230 generated June 22,2008

DS230 PAID June 24, 2004

DS230 received July 3, 2008

NVC Case Completed July 14, 2008

NVC send the Case Complete to USEM Manila: Aug. 5th 2008

USEM recieved complete case from NVC Aug 8th 2008

paid debros aug 22,2008

Medical Sept 9,10 He passed Thank you God. God is always good.

Interview Date: Sept 29, 2008 at USEM Manila 8:30AM APPROVED!!!

Visa In hand: Oct 2, 2008 yahoo

POE Nov 17, 2008.

Green Card and S.S received Nov 28th, 2008

7420.gif

Timeline
I'm so low I'm not expecting any help at this point, but the fact that I am trying to do something about it is keeping my head above water.

The worst part of this is having to explain to everyone you know why you didn't get the visa. And then them agreeing with you that someone must be on drugs not to approve it.

Sigh...

I am right there with you buddy. This is truely a miserable feeling. On the outside I am putting on a strong front. I am joking with people and trying to be a pillar of strength for my fiance. But on the inside I am falling apart. The shock and surprise that this is happening is turning into a cold reality and I am searching for a place in my soul to shelf it so I am not constantly tripping over it.

Although I am doing everything I can to keep the current petition alive, I am beginning to plan for round 2. Rather than filing another K1 petition and having my dream wedding/honeymoon at Niagra Falls in the US, I am thinking our best course would be to marry in Vietnam and got for the K3/CR1 visa. Maybe an effin marriage certificate will convince the CO next time that our relationship is real. I figure we should have some resolution either way on the K-1 by the end of the summer so I am looking to plan a trip to Vietnam in late October. I just have to find out what the process is for marriage over there. So if any of you guys will be in Vietnam at that time, I will buy you a bowl of Pho.

That said, I am also going to research immigration requirements to other countries. I will not stand for round 2 being denied. I love America but I refuse to let America run my life. If it take leaving the states, then that is what we will do.

Timeline
I am right there with you buddy. This is truely a miserable feeling. On the outside I am putting on a strong front. I am joking with people and trying to be a pillar of strength for my fiance. But on the inside I am falling apart. The shock and surprise that this is happening is turning into a cold reality and I am searching for a place in my soul to shelf it so I am not constantly tripping over it.

Although I am doing everything I can to keep the current petition alive, I am beginning to plan for round 2. Rather than filing another K1 petition and having my dream wedding/honeymoon at Niagra Falls in the US, I am thinking our best course would be to marry in Vietnam and got for the K3/CR1 visa. Maybe an effin marriage certificate will convince the CO next time that our relationship is real. I figure we should have some resolution either way on the K-1 by the end of the summer so I am looking to plan a trip to Vietnam in late October. I just have to find out what the process is for marriage over there. So if any of you guys will be in Vietnam at that time, I will buy you a bowl of Pho.

That said, I am also going to research immigration requirements to other countries. I will not stand for round 2 being denied. I love America but I refuse to let America run my life. If it take leaving the states, then that is what we will do.

I investigated the Vietnamese marriage requirements thinking I might have to go K-3. They are pretty tough too. You are looking at a lot of red tape that way too. And there is no guarantee you will get a K-3 either. That is what scares me the most. If I couldn't find a job in VN, and a K-3 was denied, we would be sunk. I really want to exhaust our K-1 possiblities. I just hope our petition will stay in HCMC long enough for Marc Ellis to get back and do battle for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.