saruno1958

How and when have elected official been getting back to you

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

Well I wrote my congressman an e-mail (twice) about my delay and have not heard anything back yet. I guess I would like to know just how they do it. I got a instant response but them that is not from a "live" person. I just want to know what anyone else has had in the way they helped you through a delay. Going nuts just waiting for an answer from them. I fell lost and miss my love very much. I promised myself I would not start to rant.....so I won't. Damn them to all hell!!!! :angry::angry::angry: 6 months and lost count. I hope I made sense.

Scott

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

Well I wrote my congressman an e-mail (twice) about my delay and have not heard anything back yet. I guess I would like to know just how they do it. I got a instant response but them that is not from a "live" person. I just want to know what anyone else has had in the way they helped you through a delay. Going nuts just waiting for an answer from them. I fell lost and miss my love very much. I promised myself I would not start to rant.....so I won't. Damn them to all hell!!!! :angry::angry::angry: 6 months and lost count. I hope I made sense.

Scott

I reside in Michigan, I have submitted our K1 Fiancee Visa paperwork on February 21, 2006, just shortly after this I was informed that our unit was on alert to be deployed overseas. It was at this time that I contacted my congressmans office, they promptly replied and stated that they would do all that they can do for the emergency expedite of our visa. Now we have to wait patiently for the interview in Guangzhou.

Thank you,

Keith & Xiang

2005-07-20 Sent Xiang first email

2005-11-19 Met Xiang in Nanning

2005-11-25 Asked for Xiang's hand in marriage

2006-02-21 Date I-129F Sent

2006-02-24 Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2006-03-15 Applied for Emergency Expedite

2006-04-03 Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2006-04-25 Date packet was sent from NVC to Guangzhou, China

2006-07-07 Date Xiang recieved Packet #3 from Guangzhou, China

2006-07-08 Date Xiang sent Packet #3 to the U.S. Consulate

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-07-27 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-25 Packet #4 sent out from the U.S. Consulate, in transit to my baby!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-16 11:15pm VISA APPROVED!!!!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

2006-11-05 Exchanging our vows, what a beautiful day for our wedding!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

JMO, but I would call the office. We had to enlist a congressman at one point during our Adjustment of Status process, and we looked up the number online, and called them. We asked to speak to the representative that deals with immigration issues. They were very polite and helpful, and put me right through. I spoke with the woman several times over a 2/3 week time frame and I got through right away every time but once. In that particular instance, she rung me back a couple hours later. Just something to think about; hope you get your problem resolved! M. :)

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

saruno1958

You have an NOA1 date of Nov 11? Has USCIS told you anything at all yet as you are way beyond the 30 days past processing date. I would be calling your representitive and speaking to them directly. They may not be able to do much if the petition is undergoing security checks but at least they should be able to find out what is happening with the petition. Most security checks are completed within a relatively short time, some however can take some time. Until a name hit is resolved the petition will not be approved. In very few cases, some will stall, with no one knowing what to do with them.....sounds ridiculous I know. Don't expect your congressman to be able to work miracles as they dont have the authority to expediate a petition if it is undergoing security checks. The best you can really hope for is knowledge....and that in itself can at least ease your mind some.

All the best to you.....I hope you do not have to wait too much longer.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.