NOA1/NOA2 spreadsheet tracking, K-3 filers

290 posts in this topic

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is a great spreadsheet. I really like to use to guage when VSC "might" get to our case.

I was wondering though, how those members listed, havent checked into VJ and/or havent updated their timelines in months. Dont you think this has a bearing on the doc. ?

Just a thought

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline
This is a great spreadsheet. I really like to use to guage when VSC "might" get to our case.

I was wondering though, how those members listed, havent checked into VJ and/or havent updated their timelines in months. Dont you think this has a bearing on the doc. ?

Just a thought

You are right. I was wondering the same thing. Particularly for VSC December filers who have not been approved yet, since those are who VSC seems to be moving through now... I, like you, am wondering if people received their approval and then never checked back in with VJ again to update their timeline.

I checked on those that are not approved yet. Two of them were last seen 6/15 and 6/24. Also, I cannot find three of them. I wrote these notes in the "Simple" sheet. If anyone has any information they can add to make this more accurate, please post.

I-130

01/08/2008 Sent in the I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

02/08/2008 NOA1

02/24/2008 Touch #1

05/04/2008 Touch #2

05/05/2008 Touch #3

07/29/2008 Touch #4

07/29/2008 NOA2... Thank you VSC!

07/30/2008 Touch #5

I-129F

02/13/2008 Sent in the I-129F to Chicago Lockbox

02/21/2008 NOA1

03/13/2008 Touch #1

07/29/2008 Touch #2

07/30/2008 Touch #3

This thread is in response to a thread I saw requesting the Delicia add K3 filers to her spreadsheet. I understand the reasoning behind keeping CR1/IR1 and K3 separated. Therefore, I have started this spreadsheet for K3 filers, like myself, who are waiting for their NOA2. I am a numbers person and I like to see when people near my filing date are getting approved.

You can find the spreadsheet here.

So, thank you Delicia for showing us how Google Docs can be used. I have never tried this before but am always interested to learn new tools. So I figured I would give this one a shot...

1. For all the California filers, I plan to add those spreadsheets tomorrow.

2. Both California and Vermont filers can send me their updates/changes and I will be happy to update the spreadsheets.

3. Cells highlighted in GREEN refer to approvals that have occurred over the last month.

4. Cells highlighted in YELLOW refer to recent touches. (Disclaimer: We all have seen that approvals sometimes happen with or without previous touches. But this is just another indicator that I was curious to track.)

5. If anyone has any suggestions for changes to the layout of the spreadsheet or additional columns, averaging wait times, etc... I will gladly take those suggestions also.

5. Lastly, If anyone would like to volunteer to share the updating responsibility, you are always welcome to do that also.

Ok, Best of luck to everyone and wishing you all speedy approvals.

Thank you for this perfect spreadsheet. The % of approvals is amazing. You get extra credit for that effort. FYI...Me and Vilma are in fact still waiting for the NOA2 on the 129F....I am becoming obsessed with this journey until my wife gets here. Cant turn back now.....

Thanks again

Henry

Timeline
You are right. I was wondering the same thing. Particularly for VSC December filers who have not been approved yet, since those are who VSC seems to be moving through now... I, like you, am wondering if people received their approval and then never checked back in with VJ again to update their timeline.

I checked on those that are not approved yet. Two of them were last seen 6/15 and 6/24. Also, I cannot find three of them. I wrote these notes in the "Simple" sheet. If anyone has any information they can add to make this more accurate, please post.

JimAndCarol -

What do you think about, something along the lines of, if someone hasnt checked in, for say, the last 60 days, removing them from the chart? That is if there info wasnt completed.

I think those members who have created their account, started their timelines, then disapeared, I dont want to say contaminate, but render the statistics less than true.

IF they check back in and want to be included, then can do so....

Its much like a chemistry experiment and trying to keep out the contaminants..:) for a truer result.

It'd be still more work and having to go back and see who's been online in thel last 2 months...

Although it wouldn't be too bad as those with no touches and/or approvals in the last 60 days would only need to be checked.

The last thing I want to do is make more work......especially with all the work put into it....

Timeline

JimAndCarol -

What do you think about, something along the lines of, if someone hasnt checked in, for say, the last 60 days, removing them from the chart? That is if there info wasnt completed.

I think those members who have created their account, started their timelines, then disapeared, I dont want to say contaminate, but render the statistics less than true.

Its much like a chemistry experiment and trying to keep out the contaminants..:) for a truer result.

It'd be still more work and having to go back and see who's been online in thel last 2 months...

Although it wouldn't be too bad as those with no touches and/or approvals in the last 60 days would only need to be checked.

The last thing I want to do is make more work......especially with all the work put into it....

LOL, you are talking my language now (ChemE major here). I could feel myself getting excited thinking way back to the distillation column experiement in Organic Chemistry Lab, trying to get the purest result... But I digress...

Yes, you are absolutlely right, and yes, it is a lot of work. There are two steps in the process:

1. Find out the "member" names for all the missing blanks. The VJ timeline provides the husband/wife name, but for the screen names, I have to look those up.... That's why I was saying in my last post that "I cannot find three of the December filers"...

2. Once I have the "member" name, check the last updated date for those who have not been approved or no have had no recent touches... I can add a column for "member last seen" or something to that effect.... I can filter out the ones that have not been online in over 60 months (if not approved already)...

How can you help???

If you see your husband/wife name on the spreadsheet but the "member" name is blank, could you please send me your "member" name so I can fill in the information.... It is quite time consuming to go searching for the "member" name in here... unless there is an easier way that I am not aware of... (aka, you cannot search by husband/wife name; you have to search by K-3, VSC, Country.. and then check all the profiles that come up)

Thanks Birch for the suggestions. I will definitely incorporate your idea.

I-130

02/08/2008 NOA1

02/24/2008 Touch #1

05/04/2008 Touch #2

05/05/2008 Touch #3

07/29/2008 Touch #4

07/30/2008 Touch #5

I-129F

02/21/2008 NOA1

03/13/2008 Touch #1

07/29/2008 Touch #2

07/30/2008 Touch #3

Timeline

Thats great Jim. I tried too, also looking through the names and trying to find them and didnt have much luck either. Perhaps one of the moderators who have been around for a while would know how to do this...I'l keep looking to see if there is a method to find these....

I think once the no-shows have been filtered out, the amount of those actually having something done to their cases may look more promising to us.................I hope..:P

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Thanks of updating the spreadsheet!!!! Wish there were more greens than blanks! Come on VSC.... I'm dying!!

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

please add me as well. mine is really long overdue.

TIMELINE: K-3

9/21/07: I-130 received at Chicago

1/3/08: I-130 NOA 1

1/16/08: I-129 NOA1

9/15/08:approval of both I-130 and I-129F

10/4/08: received letter from USEM to schedule for interview

10/16-10/17/08: husband passed medical

10/28/08: i went to my husband's interview (pink slip) but more requirements needed from NSO a repeat of CENMAR and MC, marriage index w/ CDLI

11/4/08: husband hand delivered additional docs to USEM; waiting for consul to review it

11/14: consul reviewed docs

11/19: i received letter from Senator stating that husband's Visa approved.

11/20: visa released to delbros

11/24/08: visa in hand

11/26/08:husband flew to Georgia

working permit

12/1/08: sent via USPS to VSC

12/8/08: NOA 1

1/22/09: approved

1/28/09: received EAD card

AOS

7/13/09:AOS package sent via USPS

7/15/09: received at Chicago Lockbox

7/17/09: check for $1010 cashed

7/21/09: NOA 1 for AOS received

7/27/09: biometrics appt notice scheduled for 8/19/09 3pm, atlanta service center

8/19/09: husband's biometrics done

9/26/09: AOS interview approved: waiting for the 10 yr green card

10/7/09: green card received

2012: apply for citizenship

Timeline
Thats great Jim. I tried too, also looking through the names and trying to find them and didnt have much luck either. Perhaps one of the moderators who have been around for a while would know how to do this...I'l keep looking to see if there is a method to find these....

I think once the no-shows have been filtered out, the amount of those actually having something done to their cases may look more promising to us.................I hope..:P

Ok, I took a first cut at this. I added the "Last Seen" column to the "VSC by Approval Date" worksheet in the "Detailed" link. I eliminated 4 member entries that have not been online in over 1 month. You can see the ones I have excluded in "red" in the "VSC by Approval Date" spreadsheet.

These members will not show up on any other worksheet, as I have deleted them. However, I will keep them in the "VSC by Approval Date" spreadsheet in "red" so you can see who I have eliminated.

If you feel like 1 month is not a good elimination filter, then let me know and I can adjust.

I can do the same exercise with the remaining VSC entries and the CSC entries as soon as I receive member names for the blanks... I may do a little digging for these too...

Thanks again for your suggestions.

I-130

02/08/2008 NOA1

02/24/2008 Touch #1

05/04/2008 Touch #2

05/05/2008 Touch #3

07/29/2008 Touch #4

07/30/2008 Touch #5

I-129F

02/21/2008 NOA1

03/13/2008 Touch #1

07/29/2008 Touch #2

07/30/2008 Touch #3

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

JimAndCarol -

LOL, you are talking my language now (ChemE major here). I could feel myself getting excited thinking way back to the distillation column experiement in Organic Chemistry Lab, trying to get the purest result... But I digress...

Yes, you are absolutlely right, and yes, it is a lot of work. There are two steps in the process:

1. Find out the "member" names for all the missing blanks. The VJ timeline provides the husband/wife name, but for the screen names, I have to look those up.... That's why I was saying in my last post that "I cannot find three of the December filers"...

2. Once I have the "member" name, check the last updated date for those who have not been approved or no have had no recent touches... I can add a column for "member last seen" or something to that effect.... I can filter out the ones that have not been online in over 60 months (if not approved already)...

How can you help???

If you see your husband/wife name on the spreadsheet but the "member" name is blank, could you please send me your "member" name so I can fill in the information.... It is quite time consuming to go searching for the "member" name in here... unless there is an easier way that I am not aware of... (aka, you cannot search by husband/wife name; you have to search by K-3, VSC, Country.. and then check all the profiles that come up)

Thanks Birch for the suggestions. I will definitely incorporate your idea.

Got some free time waiting for some quotes to come in, mind if I help search?

Timeline

No, not at all :) By all means, knock yourself out...

Since you're CSC, maybe you can help fill in some of the CSC blanks as far as "member" name and "last seen"...

Thanks so much for the offer!!!

I-130

02/08/2008 NOA1

02/24/2008 Touch #1

05/04/2008 Touch #2

05/05/2008 Touch #3

07/29/2008 Touch #4

07/30/2008 Touch #5

I-129F

02/21/2008 NOA1

03/13/2008 Touch #1

07/29/2008 Touch #2

07/30/2008 Touch #3

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Since you're CSC, maybe you can help fill in some of the CSC blanks as far as "member" name and "last seen"...

Got half a dozen already. You want a PM with them after a certain number? I had written a smart ### reply but remembered my humor doesnot suit all. You need a little help after all of this.

1 mo' you want last seen or last updated?

Edited by Longbranch

Timeline

Got half a dozen already. You want a PM with them after a certain number? I had written a smart ### reply but remembered my humor doesnot suit all. You need a little help after all of this.

1 mo' you want last seen or last updated?

Sure, PM works, I will update the spreadsheet as soon as I receive it. You can send it whenever you feel like it... (every 10 or so, or whatever works for you)...

Yes... My husband says I am too sensitive, so thanks for the *kind* reply...

If you can provide the last seen date (not last updated)... then I will add them to the "last seen" column in the spreadsheet... and subsequently filter out the ones who haven't been on VJ in over a month...

Thanks again for your help!

I-130

02/08/2008 NOA1

02/24/2008 Touch #1

05/04/2008 Touch #2

05/05/2008 Touch #3

07/29/2008 Touch #4

07/30/2008 Touch #5

I-129F

02/21/2008 NOA1

03/13/2008 Touch #1

07/29/2008 Touch #2

07/30/2008 Touch #3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

great conversation around those that haven't input their data recently..... I've asked this of VJ but haven't recieved a resonse either way. I see you have our names but to up date the spread sheet (when you have time) we did have a touch 6/14/08... but nothing since or before <_< . Love the spread sheet.... keep up the great work.... :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.