4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello,

I'm sending in my K1 package tomorrow (finally)!

I thought it might be a good idea to include a copy of the venue contract my parents have signed & put money towards for our May 17th, 2009 wedding.

Do you think this will affect the speed of which our case is processed if we complete everything else properly?

We're kinda doing all the wedding planning on faith (and a TON of hope). If we don't get the visa by next May, that's a bit of money we're out. But, I figured 10 months should be a sufficient time, right?

AOS

NOA: 6/26/09

RFE: 7/9/09

RFE removed: 7/31/09

Biometrics: 7/29/09

AOS Transferred: 8/21/09

AP Rec.: 8/21/09

EAD Rec.: 8/22/09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

At the petitioning stage all that USCIS is going to look at is whether you and your fiance are qualified for the visa (single, met in the last 2 years, etc).

They do not care when/where/how you are having your wedding or what preparations you have made towards that.

General rule: do not make any concrete wedding plans. Immigration works at their own pace, slow and frustrating. There are plenty of people who are disappointed when the visa does not come when they want it. If you make any further plans at this point, make sure that the services are refundable or that the vendor is flexible with your situation.

Good luck.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I thought it might be a good idea to include a copy of the venue contract my parents have signed & put money towards for our May 17th, 2009 wedding.

This information will be ignored by the USCIS

YMMV

We're kinda doing all the wedding planning on faith (and a TON of hope). If we don't get the visa by next May, that's a bit of money we're out. But, I figured 10 months should be a sufficient time, right?

You're probably going to be fine if you're very careful getting all you're paperwork done. He may even have to delay coming if you get the visa too soon because the wedding has to occur within 90 days of arrival, so he would have to wait until Feb or March to enter the country. Or you could have a courthouse wedding before the big wedding. Our process is about 4 1/2 months, but we did delay our interview. It seems to be taking a little longer now, but they could speed up again too. It varies so much from month to month. You could have the visa by Thanksgiving.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.