ilovenalini4eva

INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE BROKER

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE BROKER..What does it means??? I know we have this new law...but also the other news is that i have called the USCIS customer service this morning and asked them what was it and the rep. said she don't know anything about it. Please tell me what does it means...This i my first time being a petitioner....Please advice...Thank You

I-129f JOURNEY:

2-14-2006: I-129F Mailed Express

2-16-2006: TSC recieved it and signed

2-24-2006: NOA 1 recieved

2-27-2006: Check Cashed

5-01-2006: CASE APPROVED!!!!!! NOA2 by E-mail.

5-06-2006: NOA2 by Mail!!!!!!!

5-17-2006: NVC Recieved The Case!!!

5-19-2006: Left The NVC And Was Sent To Consulate..Mumbai, India!!!!!

5-25-2006: Consulate Recieved The Case

6-01-2006: Downloaded Packet 3 was Sent to the Consulate

6-04-2006: Packet 3 was Recieved by the Consulate.

6-08-2006: Packet 3 was recieved at home sent by Consulate

6-30-2006: Packet 4 Recieved

8-21-2006: Interview!!!!

8-21-2006: GOT THE VISA! YAY!

8-31-2006: Enters in USA..POE in Chicago, IL

9-25-2006: Getting Married!! WOOOHOOO!!

AOS JOURNEY:

10-12-2006: I-485 Filed

10-18-2006: NOA 1 Recieved

11-04-2006: Biometric Interview

11-06-2006: Case Transferred to CSC

11-09-2006: CSC Recieved the Case

12-07-2006: Registered to be Approved..

12-13-2006: APPROVED....WITHOUT the Interview!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

Have a search for other threads on IMBRA which you will find in both the K-1 and K-3 forums. There is also links to the Act itself within these threads.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE BROKER..What does it means??? I know we have this new law...but also the other news is that i have called the USCIS customer service this morning and asked them what was it and the rep. said she don't know anything about it. Please tell me what does it means...This i my first time being a petitioner....Please advice...Thank You

I also think all this thing is difficult to understand... But from what I've been reading here in VJ so far, I understood that these IMB refers to those dating websites... So, people that have met over these international dating websites would have their criminal backgrounds investigated in a more accurate way! I think that once they find out the petitioner have any sort of criminal background, they will communicate the beneficiary...

Well, can anyone complete or correct my conclusions? hehe

BRAUSA2.jpg

AMERIZILIANS ALL THE WAY!!! :P

K-1 Journey

--> Jan 27th, 2006 - Sent the petition to Nebraska SC.

--> Jan 31st, 2006 - 1st NOA received by mail.

--> April 20th, 2006 - 2nd NOA in snail mail!

--> May 5th, 2006 - NVC received and left

--> May 24th, 2006 - Pack. 3 received and left (never received package 4, so the Embassy sent me its content by e-mail)

--> June 26th, 2006 - Medical in São Paulo (Dr. Celso Rodrigues Fava)

--> July 11th - Interview APPROVED!! :D

--> July 13th - Visa in hand

AOS

--> Novr 11th, 2006 - Sent AOS and EAD forms

--> Nov 17th, 2006 - NOA 1

--> Dec 4th, 2006 - Biometrics (appt. letter rec. in 11/24)

--> Nov 28th, 2006 - RFE received

--> Jan, 8th, 2007 - RFE sent

--> Jan, 30th, 2007 - EAD card received

--> Mar, 13th, 2007 - Interview - Pending Security Checks

--> July, 16th, 2007 - USCIS site: Security checks cleared. Welcome Letter in the way!

--> July, 26th, 2007 - GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!! (done with USCIS until 04/2009)

Removing Conditions on Residency

--> April 16th, 2009 - Sent I-751 Application to California Service Center

--> May 8th, 2009 - NOA received (1 year extension letter]

--> June 1st, 2009 - Biometrics appt. letter received

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

An IMB would be any service online or otherwise that assists in matching USCs to foreign nationals. But the law will also affect those who did not meet through an IMB.

Does this law apply at all to couples who did NOT meet through an IMB?

Answer: Yes. There are provisions in this law which do NOT apply ONLY to IMBs. They apply to ANY K Visa petititoner, even those who did NOT meet their fiancee or spouse through an IMB, but just for instance through friends or family.

Examples are: 1) The "Petition Provisions" of IMBRA. These say: the I-129F Petition must include documents and information about petitioner's past criminal convictions, inlcuding domestic violence convictions must be submitted under signed certification. New I-129F Petitions will likely be distributed by USCIS in the near future for this purpose. Section 832(a)(1).

2) Numerical limitation on number of approved K Visa petitions. These say: A Petitioner cannot be approved for a third K Visa petition unless Petitioner waits two years from date of filing of last approved petition or secures a DHS-approved waiver. Section 832(a)(2). Another part is: The placing if information in the new K Visa database and the notices sent out to the lady beneficiary from that database. Section 832(a)(4).

3) Consular Interview requirements and Adjustment of Status Interview requirements. They say that the Consular Officer at Embassy Interview or Immigration Officer at Green Card interview with lady Beneficiary must review and answer questions about Petitioner's domestic violence and other criminal record in her primary language. Section 833(B).

4) The Domestic Violence Phamplet/Brochure. Section 833(a). These must be distributed and explained to the lady beneficiary regardless of how the couple met, either through an IMB or outside of an IMB.

5) More intensive security checks. Given that Petitioners will be asked for more information and documents with their I-129F Petition, DHS and State Department will likely intensify security and background checks on Petitioners.

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/index.php

Edited by jenn3539

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.