ace13

Womens issue

28 posts in this topic

When I had my kids I didn't want to leave them in daycare....so I started my own daycare! I did it for 16 years and loved (almost) every minute of it. I was always home for my kids and the pay was excellent!

Jen

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
When I had my kids I didn't want to leave them in daycare....so I started my own daycare! I did it for 16 years and loved (almost) every minute of it. I was always home for my kids and the pay was excellent!

Jen

:thumbs:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Don't forget, Ace, that a man has typically had the role of father, husband and full-time worker. It just means that some compromises have to be made, particularly in the area of division of household labour and childcare. For example, I don't think it's necessarily fair that it's always Mom who has to take the day off work to care for a sick child - in a house where both work fulltime, there has to be some agreement that it can't always work that way.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Who can actually afford to stay home these days? All of my friends that have had kids have to work and they all feel bad about it. It isn't liberating. They said it's exhausting. :unsure: I feel like the average woman got screwed in this whole deal. Maybe if my husband was super rich....

As far as choices go-I went to college and graduated. I have a good job. But if I want to be a mom, I either have to give it all up or work 2 times as hard.

As others have said in this thread, feminism has given us a voice and choice. I don't have to do what my father or my husband tells me to do...I decide what I want to do.

As for what you've said regarding women in the 50's and how they stayed at home when the husband worked. Do you honestly believe that their life was easy? You went to college and say that you have a good job - does this not make you happy? Would you prefer to be uneducated?

If more women can't stay home and raise their kids, it's not the fault of feminism.

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

Filed: Timeline
Ok. ladies. What has feminism really gotten us? I am 27, thinking about kids, but have no idea how to be a mom and work full time. It is like they have 2 full time jobs. The sexual revolution has made girls sleazier than ever. Guys have less responsibility than ever, because women say it is their body and the guy is like "fine" you deal with it. Seriously, how are we better off? I wish I was 27 in the 50s sometimes. You got married. Your husband when to work. You took care of the house and kids. You had your ladies clubs. Sounds pretty ideal to me.

Ask any stay at home mom when the last time she had a 'lady club' lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Who can actually afford to stay home these days? All of my friends that have had kids have to work and they all feel bad about it. It isn't liberating. They said it's exhausting. :unsure: I feel like the average woman got screwed in this whole deal. Maybe if my husband was super rich....

As far as choices go-I went to college and graduated. I have a good job. But if I want to be a mom, I either have to give it all up or work 2 times as hard.

That is what happens when we have kids and want to have a good job at the same time. We end up working 2 times as hard. Its just something i chose to accept when i had my kids during a career. :D and because of liberated women, we have that choise.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

That is what happens when we have kids and want to have a good job at the same time. We end up working 2 times as hard. Its just something i chose to accept when i had my kids during a career. :D and because of liberated women, we have that choise.

well it's just not fair dang it!!! :(

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

I am very thankful that as a woman, I have the opportunity to be or do anything I want. With hard work and creativity you can reach your goal. Start thinking about a home based business or work that allows you to telecommute. If you want your husband to be the sole breadwinner start investing in his education now...or other training to get him the job he wants. The things we want in life will not be handed to us on a silver platter and so often we let life pass us by without ever getting what you want. If you want to stay at home with your kids....there is a way! I feel very blessed to be in a supportive marraige where we can both encourage each other in our dreams. For me, I am contuniung my education and looking at ways to earn money from home before we ever have kids. Don't be disheartened or put blame elsewhere. It can be done!

February 17, 2005--mailed in I 129F to CSC!

February 24, 2005--1st NOA

March 15, 2005--2nd NOA

April 11, 2005--Fiance receives Packet 3

May 19, 2005 Fax Checklist(Nigeria police report finally arrives)

June 6, 2005-- Interview Date!!!!Visa approved!!

June 18, 2005--Fiancee arrives in Hawaii!

August 14, 2005--wedding in Oregon

September 12, 2005--sent in AOS

September 20, 2005--1st NOA AOS

September 23, 2005--Walk-in biometrics completed

October 1, 2005--fingerprints received/processing resumed

November 26, 2005--EAD card received in mail

June 7, 2006--contact senators about AOS

June 28, 2006--senator says interview date is for August 14!!

August 14, 2006--AOS interview and 1 year wedding anniversary

I wish I was 27 in the 50s sometimes. You got married. Your husband when to work. You took care of the house and kids. You had your ladies clubs. Sounds pretty ideal to me.

Welcome to Nani and my world. She'll be the stay-at-home mom she wants to be for as long as she wants to be the stay-at-home mom. Probably until the kids (we plan on a second right after our little girl is born) go to school. At which point she will probably take up some part-time gig hopefully working with kids which is what she enjoys. Fortunately, we can afford to do it this way. Many young families cannot. :(

I work full time at a high-stress, well-paying job that I love. My husband stays home, cooks and does most of the cleaning. Both of us are in absolute heaven. He's planning to get a part-time job or go back to college soon, but 'til then, so what? My carpets have been vacuumed and I had yummy homemade burritos for dinner. If we have kids, he'll be the one who stays home with them.

That's what feminism has gotten us. :yes:

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

I work full time at a high-stress, well-paying job that I love. My husband stays home, cooks and does most of the cleaning. Both of us are in absolute heaven. He's planning to get a part-time job or go back to college soon, but 'til then, so what? My carpets have been vacuumed and I had yummy homemade burritos for dinner. If we have kids, he'll be the one who stays home with them.

That's what feminism has gotten us. :yes:

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

When I read the title to this thread I thought......man......where do we start?

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I agree with all of the plus' people have posted here..it's all about having a choice..and so many other things. I'm not a big feminist, per say, but I enjoy all the benefits of the ones who were rabid about it...that's why I don't have to be. I might be a different person(mind set) if that were not the case. M. :)

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)