nunyab

Ummmmm is this going to be a problem?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I am reading threads and found the one about the returned applications that is pinned on top. I went to meet him in Feb and came back in May for our wedding but we didn't have an engagement party.... we have tons of emails and phone bills (since we got serious i started saving them) but they said in the ROA thread that this was brought up... do they still ask for that ? WE have pictures and videos of our wedding ceremony just want to make sure is all.

Sorry if this is a stupid question hehe but I am kind of a double check everything kind of girl....

Also... what is in "packet 3 and 4" anyway??

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

They MAY take a closer look at the relationship IF you got married on your first visit and meeting in person. Also they will not be able to look at videos. The only thing you can do is just keep building a strong case and be ready to explain why you didn't have an engagement party. I am sure they see lots of these kind of situations.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

While we didn't get married on my first trip out there... we did on our second. The first one was sort of let's check out what kind of paperwork would be needed sort of trip. We felt engaged before we ever met... so we do have the first visit than the second visit wedding. I think I feel better but we do talk everyday and I am trying to keep all IMs since this whole thing started and of corse all emails and phone bills.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morocco doesn't have a "Packet 4", it's all in Packet 3, which your husband will receive to prepare for his interview. It should detail all the stuff he needs to bring, when to be there, etc.

As for the Engagement Party, don't sweat it, not everyone has one. Just provide as much proof as you can otherwise - photos of you w/ his family, wedding pics, pics of the 2 of you in different places if you've traveled around, etc. Also phone rec's, chats, emails, cards, receipts for rings, copies of flight info, etc. Anything that documents your time together and the nature of your relationship. Good luck!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Morocco doesn't have a "Packet 4", it's all in Packet 3, which your husband will receive to prepare for his interview. It should detail all the stuff he needs to bring, when to be there, etc.

As for the Engagement Party, don't sweat it, not everyone has one. Just provide as much proof as you can otherwise - photos of you w/ his family, wedding pics, pics of the 2 of you in different places if you've traveled around, etc. Also phone rec's, chats, emails, cards, receipts for rings, copies of flight info, etc. Anything that documents your time together and the nature of your relationship. Good luck!

:thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

We didn't have an engagement party, nor did we have rings or any proof that we were even engaged. We did have lots of pictures of me with him and with different family members, and he would have explained the circumstances of our engagement if they had asked, but they never did. In our case, the CO never looked at any additional proof except the pictures (she looked at all of those) and asked my husband a few questions, including the names of my sister's dogs (which he knew). By the way, the COs will sometimes build questions from previous answers or statements you give (eg "What does she do in her spare time?" "Listens to music, plays with her sister's dogs..." "What are the dogs' names?") because they are judging how well you know each other, so answer what is asked in the interview, but be prepared for follow-up questions about whatever you mention.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

thank you... we talk everyday many hours are spent together on the net. I have tons of pics from every trip I've been over and just as many of me and his family...

I already told him to ask me questions about all things if he has any... he laughed like as if he didn't already. hehe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I seriously doubt not having an egagement party would earn you a denial or setbacks. Even if they ever did question it, you could simply say that it is not a part of your religious beliefs. Most important is that you have proof of meeting (ticket stubs, pictures, etc) secondary evidence would be the chatlogs, emails, etc.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The fact that you have been there twice is strong for your case. I would suggest as many visits as you can before the interview. If possible, be there for the interview. They won't let you in, but if he tells them that you are there it is another indicator of a sincere relationship.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I wouldn't worry about it. The COs know an engagement party isn't proof of anything other than someone threw a party. it could still be fraud or it could be real. I didn't have an engagement party or rings or anything unless you count the fact that the next day we got smoothies after we agreed to get married. I got married on my third visit, so it was still not that much time. What else didn't I have... I didn't have pictures with his family-- except one cousin-- I was always the photographer. Also didn't have his family in on it... they know now though. Also got married by accident somewhat. I really think what makes the difference are your proofs and SOMETIMES your situations. I think what made all the difference in the world for us was that we worked together and were in the same academic field... that we made an effort to show our universities partnered together and that we met in person through academic pursuit. Not that how you meet is any indication of your relationship... but we had the same educational background, same field, same interest, and same work and both participated in a 10 year+ on-going project. So basically, it was like any other American couple that meets at work/school. I think case presentation kind of helps too... and the attitude of your So at the interview-- a nicely-dressed, polite attitude doesn't always get the visa but it probably gets it more than someone who comes in wearing street clothes and talking smack, who seems very defensive.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
I wouldn't worry about it. The COs know an engagement party isn't proof of anything other than someone threw a party. it could still be fraud or it could be real. I didn't have an engagement party or rings or anything unless you count the fact that the next day we got smoothies after we agreed to get married. I got married on my third visit, so it was still not that much time. What else didn't I have... I didn't have pictures with his family-- except one cousin-- I was always the photographer. Also didn't have his family in on it... they know now though. Also got married by accident somewhat. I really think what makes the difference are your proofs and SOMETIMES your situations. I think what made all the difference in the world for us was that we worked together and were in the same academic field... that we made an effort to show our universities partnered together and that we met in person through academic pursuit. Not that how you meet is any indication of your relationship... but we had the same educational background, same field, same interest, and same work and both participated in a 10 year+ on-going project. So basically, it was like any other American couple that meets at work/school. I think case presentation kind of helps too... and the attitude of your So at the interview-- a nicely-dressed, polite attitude doesn't always get the visa but it probably gets it more than someone who comes in wearing street clothes and talking smack, who seems very defensive.

good info... I do want to visit one more time... I am hoping when he gets to Madrid always wanted to go there... hehe

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

We met online, married on the first trip within two weeks of meeting IRL, had no engagement part, no wedding, I'm 21 years older than him, visited for a couple of weeks each in 2005, 2006, and 2008 just before his interview. We sent only what they asked for, they looked at no evidence at the interview, asked him fewer than 12 questions in about 10 minutes, and gave him his visa the next day.

In other words, the system is inconsistant and unpredictable. What works for one couple may be the kiss of death for another. My advice is to take it easy, be sincere, stay confident, and be well organized. They seem to respond well to those much of the time.

Always the best on your journey.

Edited by Virtual wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.