T&N

petition is returned back to NVC

42 posts in this topic

Congrats on still being on the list.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

IMBRA? :(

:whistle:

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
So if someone recieved NOA1 after March 6 ( like me) we need to be doing something additional?? or it is just a more thorow background check? I am afraid I do not understand what to expect...:(

Natalia,

I have searched to find the answer(s) to this. It seems that there is a concensus out there that says people like us will have to, either: (1) prepare a new I-129 that contains the criminal background questions; or, (2) complete an RFE that presents the criminal background information. I suppose the USCIS will notify us of the procedure. If this is the case, it is a real shame that the new forms were not prepared in advance of the effective date of the new law (IMBRA). I am hoping that we will not have to prepare the entire package, again, that goes along with the I-129 or I-130. It seems to me that an RFE could take care of it.

I wonder -- has anybody heard when the new immigration forms will come out?

from Andrew

Have you guys contacted your respective service centers?

(And just real quickly... what is IMBRA? I need to bone up on my internet lingo!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
what is IMBRA?
International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005

I think this is an accurate link to the actual act itself.

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/images/I...bra%202005'

Edited by Satellite

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, there is an untold number yet to come that are affected.

I wonder what your timeline is.

TSC received ours 3/1 and then sent it to CSC ... the bastards!

Now CSC logged a receipt date of 3/7.

Your question of how many months is right on!

As you can see from our timeline the stuff's at the NVC.

The question is will they do their due diligence per IMBRA or will they send it to Moscow and then Moscow send it back? Who phreaquin'?

God forbid that the $^$%$# actually lose stuff; the more back and forth and the more hands in the pot the higher the probability goes that they'll further screw it up.

I hope for ya'll that this goes VERY quickly! Here's to ya!!

Larry and Maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I find it interesting if this is due to the new marriage agency law. Last I read about it a federal Judge

issued a restraining order due to a lawsuit based on constitutional issues.

As I have been in Russia for the past month, I could have missed out on something ?

There was a whole lot of speculation as to how this was going to affect people. The general concensus was that it would only affect those going through a "marriage brokering agency." We now see that's not the case. It is affecting all who have a NOA II date after Mar. 6th.

It seems like this is going hand-in-hand with the recent crack-down on illegals. Maybe this is going to actually make the process more streamlined in the long run? Although, like most other govt. theory.... I doubt it. It'll probably just inconvenience thousands of couples who want to get married.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok so I have read many posts dealing with the effects of IMBRA on petitions submited prior to March 6th. What about the rest of us that have sent in a new K-1 petition AFTER March 6th. I received my NOA1 around May 11th.

I used the current forms available on the USCIS website at the time (April). What can petitioners such as myself expect?

It seems like IMBRA is affecting all who filed after March 6th too.

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think the restriaining order only covers the part affecting the marriage broker operations and it is only valid in the Georgia district. Another suit has been file in Ohio by another agency.

So far from what I have been able to read and understand it does not involve RFEs and there is a new 129-F coming but the old one was posted on the website as of yesterday. There is a link to the proposed new one but the new form has been taken offline.

I think the procudure seems to be that the visa aps at the Embassy level have been returned to NVC where they will do a criminal background check and return them to the Embassy to reschedule the interviews. The visas that have been approved but not mailed have been cancelled/recalled for futher processing.

I read one report of an interview at Kiev that sounds more like an interrogatiion of a war criminal than a visa interview. The guy involved had one minor criminal problem for which he had been sentanced to doing a few hours of sweeping the city sidewalks or something like that. There are now posters on the walls of the Kiev Embassy saying that a green card takes two years but if they file domestic abuse charges that will be waived so they are encoraging false domestic abuse charges. They are also passing out a handout explaining the domestic abuse charges and how to do it. They also discuss any background issues with the fiancee and ask things like how many trips to the country and how many were to meet her so if you made some trips to meet other gals you never told her about you could be in trouble.

I sure would like to see a class action suit against the visa part of IMBRA and would be happy to kick a grand in to anyone with a serious effort even if it did not affect me. This is the worst law in ages but since it affects so few people I think we are going to be stuck with it. It is supposed to help women from being abused and murdered but it is going to keep women in countries where domestic abuse is common and accepted. It is supposed to help the immigration situation and insted encourages green card fraud.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

I think the restriaining order only covers the part affecting the marriage broker operations and it is only valid in the Georgia district. Another suit has been file in Ohio by another agency.

So far from what I have been able to read and understand it does not involve RFEs and there is a new 129-F coming but the old one was posted on the website as of yesterday. There is a link to the proposed new one but the new form has been taken offline.

I think the procudure seems to be that the visa aps at the Embassy level have been returned to NVC where they will do a criminal background check and return them to the Embassy to reschedule the interviews. The visas that have been approved but not mailed have been cancelled/recalled for futher processing.

I read one report of an interview at Kiev that sounds more like an interrogatiion of a war criminal than a visa interview. The guy involved had one minor criminal problem for which he had been sentanced to doing a few hours of sweeping the city sidewalks or something like that. There are now posters on the walls of the Kiev Embassy saying that a green card takes two years but if they file domestic abuse charges that will be waived so they are encoraging false domestic abuse charges. They are also passing out a handout explaining the domestic abuse charges and how to do it. They also discuss any background issues with the fiancee and ask things like how many trips to the country and how many were to meet her so if you made some trips to meet other gals you never told her about you could be in trouble.

I sure would like to see a class action suit against the visa part of IMBRA and would be happy to kick a grand in to anyone with a serious effort even if it did not affect me. This is the worst law in ages but since it affects so few people I think we are going to be stuck with it. It is supposed to help women from being abused and murdered but it is going to keep women in countries where domestic abuse is common and accepted. It is supposed to help the immigration situation and insted encourages green card fraud.

yes indeed, and I am talking with a lawyer about this right now actually. I am going to tear them a new one after this. I have HAD IT!

Meh, nothing to see here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.