36 posts in this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mtrwinder
Sorry Julia but I can't read that part in yellow. :blink:

Im sorry but you really need to shut THE ###### UP! This is the SECOND time you've stuck your fat ###### head into my business. This is the worst day of my life and Im looking for answers not some ###### telling me its the end of the LINE! ###### off lady!!!

Excuse me????? I was simply trying to read what the lady posted and was hoping she could edit it so it could be read. I assumed you wouldn't be able to read it either, and that it wouldn't be helpful to you if you couldn't read it. And where exactly did I say 'it' was the end of the line????

You having a bad day does not give you the right to say ####### like that, but thanks for showing us your sparking personality. :thumbs:

SA4userbar.jpg

Guest mtrwinder
Excuse me????? I was simply trying to read what the lady posted and was hoping she could edit it so it could be read. I assumed you wouldn't be able to read it either, and that it wouldn't be helpful to you if you couldn't read it. And where exactly did I say 'it' was the end of the line????

You having a bad day does not give you the right to say ####### like that, but thanks for showing us your sparking personality. :thumbs:

IT WAS MEANT FOR REBBECCAJO!!! IM FURIOUS!!! JUST BECAUSE SHE HAS LONG SINCE GOTTEN HER VISA SHE FEELS THE NEED TO SIT ON HER THROWN AND GIVE OUT CLOSE ENDED ADVICE!!! MY OP WAS ASKING FOR LINKS FOR INFORMATION!!! NOT HER DAMN OPINION!!! DENIED DENIED DENIED DENIED !!!!!! DENIED MY A S S!!!!!! I DIDNT COME THIS FAR FOR SOME QUEEN TO SIT THERE AND ####### ON MY HEAD!!! WHETHER OR NOT SHE UNDERSTANDS IT HER POSTS ARE NOT COLD HARD FACTS!! THERE ARE OPTIONS AND EXCEPTIONS AND THE OTHER POSTS ON HERE PROVE THAT!!!! THEN SHE DECIDES TO SLAM SOMEONE WHO GIVES ME A RAY OF FRICKEN LIGHT!!????? TO HELL WITH HER!

Im sorry but you really need to shut THE ###### UP! This is the SECOND time you've stuck your fat ###### head into my business. This is the worst day of my life and Im looking for answers not some ###### telling me its the end of the LINE! ###### off lady!!!

TWO WEEKS TILL THE INTERVIEW AND I LEARN THAT NOT ONLY MIGHT HE BE DENIED BUT ALSO I MAY NEVER HAVE HIM HERE AT ALL!!!!???? OMG - WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PERSONALITY SHOULD I HAVE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD DAMN THIS WORLD!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

The sentencing clause MAY apply here however, I would prepare an I-601 waiver and have it ready at the interview should I need it. Wouldn't it be great to have it ready if you need it, to have it ready and not need it at all?? It wouldn't be great to need it and not have it. Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. I'm praying for you two.

Toria and Salvador

Met Salvador on internet dating website Dreammates.com April 2002

We decided to meet in person Buenos Aires, Argentina August 2002

1st K1 petition approved w/ interview date March 2004

Didn't attend interview, we decided Salvador should first return to Cuba

Petitioners First Name: Toria

Beneficiaries First Name: Salvador

Visa Type: K1

Beneficiary's Country: Cuba

Service Center: VSC

Embassy: U.S. Interests Section, Havana, Cuba

Date I-129F Sent (mailed USPS Overnight) : 12/18/05

Date I-129F NOA1 (Received Date) : 12/21/05

Date I-129F NOA1 (Notice Date) : 12/29/05

Date I-129F NOA1 (Received Snail Mail) : 1/5/06

Touched! 1/4/06

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 1/31/06 34 days!!

Date Package Received By NVC: 2/3/06

Date Package Left From NVC: 2/9/06

Date Received By Consulate : 2/21/06

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : 2/22/06

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) : 4/28/06

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): 5/9/06

Interview Date : 8/8/06

Date Visa Received : 8/8/06

Date Applied for Cuban Exit Visa : 8/10/06

Date Rec Cuban Exit Visa : 2/6/07

Date of US Entry : 2/7/07

Date of Wedding : 2/8/07

IT WAS MEANT FOR REBBECCAJO!!! IM FURIOUS!!! JUST BECAUSE SHE HAS LONG SINCE GOTTEN HER VISA SHE FEELS THE NEED TO SIT ON HER THROWN AND GIVE OUT CLOSE ENDED ADVICE!!! MY OP WAS ASKING FOR LINKS FOR INFORMATION!!! NOT HER DAMN OPINION!!! DENIED DENIED DENIED DENIED !!!!!! DENIED MY A S S!!!!!! I DIDNT COME THIS FAR FOR SOME QUEEN TO SIT THERE AND ####### ON MY HEAD!!! WHETHER OR NOT SHE UNDERSTANDS IT HER POSTS ARE NOT COLD HARD FACTS!! THERE ARE OPTIONS AND EXCEPTIONS AND THE OTHER POSTS ON HERE PROVE THAT!!!! THEN SHE DECIDES TO SLAM SOMEONE WHO GIVES ME A RAY OF FRICKEN LIGHT!!????? TO HELL WITH HER!

Well seeing as you quoted me, how was I supposed to know who it was directed at?

I can understand that what she said may have upset you (though I'm not sure why, as her saying you'll likely have to file a waiver was NOT saying that you're out of luck - waivers get approved and visas issued all the time), but lets try to have some decorum here and not violate VJ's Terms Of Service with attacks.

Anyway, good night and good luck!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

mtrwinder, you seemed stressed however since this thread was brought to my attention I do have to agree that your language is uncalled for. Not only does it violate the TOS but it is plain rude. Please do not continue or your account may be placed on hold for a few days.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline

:no:

TWO WEEKS TILL THE INTERVIEW AND I LEARN THAT NOT ONLY MIGHT HE BE DENIED BUT ALSO I MAY NEVER HAVE HIM HERE AT ALL!!!!???? OMG - WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PERSONALITY SHOULD I HAVE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD DAMN THIS WORLD!!!!

you know that messed up! Rebecca has pointed you in the right direction- rather you need a waiver or not

she at least brought it to your attention. I would be thanking her for at least pointing it out to you.

I would begging her to explain how to file a waiver. but nooooooooooooo you rather take the mean approach and not thank her. so what she has a visa. I think she was being nice by saying hey get a waiver.

since you cant say thank you I will " * thank you rebecca *

shon.gif

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
*digs a deep deep hole to bury this thread*

Dear mtrwinder, I completely understand your feelings and I know that i can not help you feel better by saying this. I can not even help you with info what you should do as I have no info about what must be done if the foreign fiance/fiancee has a criminal record. I feel the same, wanting to scream- THIS GOD DAMNED WORD, WHY EVERYTHING MUST BE SO HARD, though i am on the other side, knowing that my visa could be denied because of the criminal record of my US fiance. But dont you think that possible denial of the visa could ever stop you from being with the one you love. THERE IS NO BORDERS FOR THE LOVE. If you can not be together in USA, you can always be together in UK. UK is a beautiful place to live. If my visa ever gets denied, I am waiting for my love to come to me in IRELAND. There is nothing that could prevent our life together if we love each other. GOOD LUCK to you, to me and to all with or without problems in K1 process.

Filed: Other Timeline

For whatever its worth, when I'm at work my posts are often short as I don't have the time to do a thesis. If they seem abrupt or short, then I apologize for that.

As Tracy said, filing a waiver doesn't mean the end of the line.

You asked for links and I told you where to go. And you asked if he could use the VWP and I told you no. Funny I thought I was answering your question. Oh well, my bad.

And everybody here already knows I'm the queen. :whistle: Sorry if it was a revelation for you.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
From the Foreign Affairs Manual (9 FAM 40.21)

To render an alien ineligible under INA 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(I), the conviction must be for a statutory offense, which involves moral turpitude. The presence of moral turpitude is determined by the nature of the statutory offense for which the alien was convicted, and not by the acts underlying the conviction. Therefore, evidence relating to the underlying act, including the testimony of the applicant, is not relevant to a determination of whether the conviction involved moral turpitude except when the statute is divisible (see 9 FAM 40.21(a) N5.2) or a political offense (see 9 FAM 40.21(a) N10). The presence of moral turpitude in a statutory offense is determined according to United States law.

Common Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude

Categorized below are some of the more common crimes, which are considered to involve moral turpitude.

b. Other crimes committed against property involving moral turpitude involve an inherently evil intent, such as the act of arson. The following list comprises crimes frequently committed against property, which may be held to involve moral turpitude for the purposes of visa issuance: (1) Arson; (2) Blackmail; (3) Burglary; (4) Embezzlement; (5) Extortion; (6) False pretenses; (7) Forgery; (8) Fraud; (9) Larceny (grand or petty); (10) Malicious destruction of property;

(11) Receiving stolen goods (with guilty knowledge); (12) Robbery; (13) Theft (when it involves the intention of permanent taking); and (14) Transporting stolen property (with guilty knowledge).

-AND-

An immigrant alien who is ineligible under INA 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(I) is eligible to apply for a waiver of ineligibility under INA 212(h) (see also 9 FAM 40.21(a) PN2) if it is established to the satisfaction of the Secretary of Homeland Security (DHS) that: (1) The activities for which the alien is excludable occurred more than 15 years before the date of the alien’s application for visa; (2) The alien’s admission to the United States would not be contrary to the national welfare, safety, or security, and (3) The alien has been rehabilitated.

Aww, see, okay -- everything will be allright, I think. It says that if the offense was committed more than 15 years ago, you can get the waiver. Also, I'm sure your fiance' can show he's been a good member of society since then -- has a job, a home, nice lifestyle, etc, so I think that would account for nos 2 and 3. Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He may qualify for PETTY OFFENCE EXCEPTION. Read about classes of inadmissible alliens, there is one exception.

(A) Conviction of certain crimes.-

(i) In general.-Except as provided in clause (ii), any alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, or who admits committing acts which constitute the essential elements of-

(I) a crime involving moral turpitude (other than a purely political offense or an attempt or conspiracy to commit such a crime), or

(II) a violation of (or a conspiracy or attempt to violate) any law or regulation of a State, the United States, or a foreign country relating to a controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)), is inadmissible.

Exception.-Clause (i)(I) shall not apply to an alien who committed only one crime if-[/color](I) the crime was committed when the alien was under 18 years of age, and the crime was committed (and the alien released from any confinement to a prison or correctional institution imposed for the crime) more than 5 years before the date of application for a visa or other documentation and the date of application for admission to the United States, or

(II) the maximum penalty possible for the crime of which the alien was convicted (or which the alien admits having committed or of which the acts that the alien admits having committed constituted the essential elements) did not exceed imprisonment for one year and, if the alien was convicted of such crime, the alien was not sentenced to a term of imprisonment in excess of 6 months (regardless of the extent to which the sentence was ultimately executed).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.