9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey - Has anyone called and asked why VSC does this in 1/2 the time? I think they need to change the districts so that it is more balanced. I live in Chicago so Vermont is probably closer then CSC. I don't get it. It makes me so sad to see all the people the get the NOA2 in like 4 - 6 weeks when I have to wait 4 - 6 months. I'm sorry I'm whining, I realize life is not fair. I was just thinking of calling and complaining but I figure a lot of you already have.

I heard a quote on Oprah the other day...

" Brick walls are there for a reason. They help us see how badly we want something"

I think we can all identify with this.

Thanks!

wendy

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Last year they redistributed the states to balance it out (around the time of the fee increase).

I don't think there is a solid reason as to why VSC is faster (at least with K1's).

You just have to be patient :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Hey - Has anyone called and asked why VSC does this in 1/2 the time? I think they need to change the districts so that it is more balanced. I live in Chicago so Vermont is probably closer then CSC. I don't get it. It makes me so sad to see all the people the get the NOA2 in like 4 - 6 weeks when I have to wait 4 - 6 months. I'm sorry I'm whining, I realize life is not fair. I was just thinking of calling and complaining but I figure a lot of you already have.

" Brick walls are there for a reason. They help us see how badly we want something"

Thanks!

wendy

VSC was going quite quick at the begining of the year but now have slowed down. They don't give out many NOA2's after 4-6 weeks.

For the reason there quicker than the VSC, that I don't know. Could be for any number of reasons.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Last year they redistributed the states to balance it out (around the time of the fee increase).

I don't think there is a solid reason as to why VSC is faster (at least with K1's).

You just have to be patient :)

That's just the way the cookie crumbles. We went through CSC and it took about 4 months. It sucks, I agree, it really sucks, but that's just the way it is I guess.

You'd think the govt. would recognize this huge difference between CSC and VSC but... well... for some reason they haven't.

Filed: Timeline

Because it's government and you are an immigrant. Other immigrants don't understand the language and make mistakes. Mistakes make things take longer, which cause delays, which make the process slow down for everyone. That and Immigration is about as Xenophobic as the United States gets.

I am not a lawyer. I am familiar with the immigration process, but any questions I answer are not advice or represented as being true for your situation in any form or manner. I am not liable if you read what I have written and act upon it. Do your own research, ask an attorney for assistance, and make up your own mind. Nevertheless, I may attempt to answer questions from time to time to give you an idea of what to search for in finding out your answer.

Because it's government and you are an immigrant. Other immigrants don't understand the language and make mistakes. Mistakes make things take longer, which cause delays, which make the process slow down for everyone. That and Immigration is about as Xenophobic as the United States gets.

Even immigration has tightened up in the UK but it works on a different system and is alot quicker. If someone from the USA moved to the UK to settle and marry, the process is 3-4 weeks.

beach_1_001.jpg

Thanks!

wendy

There is a load-factor (including tempworkers) at each of the service centres, affected by multiple factors (state's population, employment possibilities, number of tempworkers/immigrants generally...)--so CSC and TSC tend to be slower than VSC.

There is one effective way to change districts, but it usually involves moving to a state in the other SC's jurisdiction.

Also, you are dealing with government (as maztec states), so patience is a necessity.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

We filed at Vermont and it took 3 months for our NOA2.

4 to 6 weeks? I wish.

Some were lucky to get theirs in a month.

California also processes other types of immigration paperwork other than Vermont does so their work load is quite a bit more.

Have patience, you'll be together soon!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My Fiance and I have been aprt for almost 1 year. We We sent our I-129 in on Juyy 24, and it has been slow ever since. We are stillllll waiting to have the Doc appt and the actual Embassy appointment is just going to sometime AFTER the Police certificate shows up.

My fiance has spent convictions in the UK where he is actually from---------and we sent off for the ACPO, it came back with not enough info, so now we have sent off for the Subject Access---whgcih hopefully does has info--but ten we think we will also have to send off for the actual court records..so how is YOUR day?

Sue

Thanks!

wendy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.