johnm

meeting last 2 years

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Haven't been around in a while but I am finally getting ready to start the process. I am getting together everything to send in. My finacee and I have been together since 2002. We were together in her country until Octber 2006 then she went to work in another country while I also did the same. We saw each once last March when she came to visit me. I have her baggage ticket from the airport and her paid reciept for the ticket to the country where I was, but other than that nothing else as she stayed at my place (no hotel). When we toghter 2 years ago in her country we really don'[t have anything except pictures since we were living in the same country (no lease, stayed at her mom's). I have stamps on my passport to show I was in the country but what else can I show for proof we were together?? My mom came to visit in late April 2006 (a little over 2 years ago) and I have pictures of us togther with my finacee and can get proof my mom was in that country at that time. Will it make a big difference if it was just over 2 years ago?? Any help would be appreciated. By the way we have ton's of pictures from the begining to support our relationship the problem is since I lived in her country (had residence permit) I don't have a lot of the primary evidence someone would normally have. THANKS!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Haven't been around in a while but I am finally getting ready to start the process. I am getting together everything to send in. My finacee and I have been together since 2002. We were together in her country until Octber 2006 then she went to work in another country while I also did the same. We saw each once last March when she came to visit me. I have her baggage ticket from the airport and her paid reciept for the ticket to the country where I was, but other than that nothing else as she stayed at my place (no hotel). When we toghter 2 years ago in her country we really don'[t have anything except pictures since we were living in the same country (no lease, stayed at her mom's). I have stamps on my passport to show I was in the country but what else can I show for proof we were together?? My mom came to visit in late April 2006 (a little over 2 years ago) and I have pictures of us togther with my finacee and can get proof my mom was in that country at that time. Will it make a big difference if it was just over 2 years ago?? Any help would be appreciated. By the way we have ton's of pictures from the begining to support our relationship the problem is since I lived in her country (had residence permit) I don't have a lot of the primary evidence someone would normally have. THANKS!!

Any evidence that is provided that is NOT within the two year time frame from the date of petition submission will be ignored.

YMMV

Hi Everyone,

Any evidence that is provided that is NOT within the two year time frame from the date of petition submission will be ignored.

As fwaguy stated, said evidence will be ignored at USCIS if it is not within the 2 year time-frame (w/in 2 years of application date) but it is evidence that you will need to support your relationship when time comes for your fiancee to go to the consulate for her visa interview.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Thanks. For the meeting in March 2008. Will it be enough to show:

1) My passport showing I was in Country A in March

2) Her plane ticket receipt and copy of baggage ticket (only can get if she was on plane) going to Country A?

3) We have a few photo's I will send but they don't have date on them

I also have a small video I made on my phone I can try to put on CD Rom. Will they accpet that?

For being together in 2006:

I have my passport showing I was in her Country until Jan. 2007. Will that be good enough? As I mentioned I don't have any other primary evidence since we were both in the same country and have no phone receipts (togther), hotels (lived at her mom's), ect...

Timeline

2) Her plane ticket receipt and copy of baggage ticket (only can get if she was on plane) going to Country A?

I also have a small video I made on my phone I can try to put on CD Rom. Will they accpet that?

I have my passport showing I was in her Country until Jan. 2007. Will that be good enough? As I mentioned I don't have any other primary evidence since we were both in the same country and have no phone receipts (togther), hotels (lived at her mom's), ect...

No evidence on magnetic or other electronic media is accepted....

What about her passport entry/exit to country A?

Baggage ticket is flimsy because you cannot tie it to a name...

What about ATM withdrawals in her country (or country A) on bank statements?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You have more than I submitted - I submitted a copy of my itinerary and two photos of us together. That's all. However, You have not filled your timeline or signature to show which country are you trying to sponsor your fiance from? For many countries you have enough evidence but for some (more fraud prone countries) you may need more, but you do have more than minimum required. And yes you can write the names, dates and places on these pictures e.g. Dec 17, Paris France, me and my fiance rappelling down the Eiffel Tower. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline

You have more than I submitted - I submitted a copy of my itinerary and two photos of us together. That's all. However, You have not filled your timeline or signature to show which country are you trying to sponsor your fiance from? For many countries you have enough evidence but for some (more fraud prone countries) you may need more, but you do have more than minimum required. And yes you can write the names, dates and places on these pictures e.g. Dec 17, Paris France, me and my fiance rappelling down the Eiffel Tower. Good Luck

The eligibility standard for the I-129F petition as far as the USCIS is concerned is the same for everyone and is not higher for fraud prone countries... That however, changes at the consulate stage...

YMMV

Thanks for the replies.

We are talking about Romania. I will make a timeline soon.

Her baggage ticket has her name on it and both Airports on it with the date, which corresponds to the itinery we also have from the travel agent. When she visited im March she brought cash so no other records. If I could send my phone with her picture dated I would. We just spent the time together and don't have anything to show for it except the great time we spent together (other than the evidence I mentioned above)

Timeline
Thanks for the replies.

Her baggage ticket has her name on it and both Airports on it with the date, which corresponds to the itinery we also have from the travel agent. When she visited im March she brought cash so no other records. If I could send my phone with her picture dated I would. We just spent the time together and don't have anything to show for it except the great time we spent together (other than the evidence I mentioned above)

e-mail the picture from the phone to your e-mail addy and then print it

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for the replies.

A copy of her passport stamp is better evidence than baggage tickets. Otherwise, I think you have plenty of evidence.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.