Ray and Geraldyn

2 Questions about Igors list ?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I hope your journey is going good :). We are waiting for our NOA2 along with many others and the average seems to be about 5 months,some sooner and many longer :( . Everyday I go online and check my e-mail, our Petition status and to see if there were any touches.I also check Igor's list. #1- Ever since our NOA1 we have slowly moved up the list...but the last couple of days we went down on the list :blink: My question is, are couples that filed before us just being found? Maybe they got missed? I'm curious about that :huh:. #2- There are names of couples in red that I know I have viewed and in blue that I have not.....what about the names in black? You cant click on them...is there an option for privacy I never noticed or....I hate to say the last 2...did they get denied? or did they give up? I am curious because if it was one of the last 2(SORRY) that would move everyone a little closer :whistle:. If it is for privacy....please take no offense because none was meant :no: . Any help on these questions would be greatly appreciated. I WISH EVERYONE HERE THE BEST :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi... also best wishes to you and everyone.

Igor's list is really a reference point and it should be viewed as such. Like you have guessed, the rank on the list will move up or down if new couples have been found and added.

Unfortunately, I have no answer to your question #2. :-(

Footprints of Love

02/01/2007: Met Annie on www.baihe.com

After chatting almost daily online, exchanging emails (150+ in five months) and countless SMSes...

06/28/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-)

07/04/2007: Met Annie's parents (very nervous)

07/10/2007: Introduced Annie to my parents (her turn to be nervous!)

07/14/2007: Departing from Shanghai :-(

Again, more emails and SMSes, plus phone calls (almost twice a day!!)...

12/19/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-)

12/24/2007 (Xmas Eve): Engaged!!

1/1/2008: Departing again :-( :-(

2/1/2008: Send the entire I-129F package to USCIS California Service Center

2/6/2008: Received the NOA1

2/6/2008 - Present: Checking status and VJ timeline daily!

5/16/2008: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-) :-)

5/18/2008: Dresses picking day (for photo shoot next day)

5/19/2008: Photo shoot day! Twelve hours long and 232 pictures taken

5/20/2008: Photo picking day... Ten hours long and 50 pictures selected

5/21/2008: Traveled to Putuo Mountain and prayed to the Goddesses

5/25/2008: Missed my flight and stole an extra day with Annie :-) :-) :-)

5/26/2008: Departing again :-( :-( :-(

6/16/2008: Received the NOA2!!!! Yipee!!

7/11/2008: NVC has received the case and assigned it with a GUZ #.

7/17/2008: NVC Rep. informed me the case has been forwarded to GUZ consulate.

Phone Record (from Jan 1st, 2008) $240.76 14104 min.

9/9/2008: Package received by GZ Consulate.

9/25/2008: P3 Received

10/6/2008: P3 Mailed

4990.gif

Igor's list depends on what YOU and everybody else puts in their timeline. So if you joined and started a timeline, then never went back to it because you got interested in maybe a different website , you're abandoned timeline would look like you filed a long time ago and never got a NOA2. So you have to realize that it's just a collection of individual timelines, kept well by some and kept poorly by others. So it's not scientific data.

Your name will go farther down the list at times, but not because they found somebody else. It's because new people found VJ and just signed up. So their name goes in the order of filing, not when they created a timeline. Also the people who create a timeline here are just a very tiny percentage of all the people who have applied for a visa. So if you're #100, don't think there are only 100 petitions ahead of you in the whole service center. There could be 2000 ahead of you.

The front of Igor's list is probably cluttered with people who have abandoned updating their timelines or have something not normal going on. I jumped from #70 to approved. Some of the people have their name in there twice. (Like me). I messed up my timeline and somehow ended up with two. An admin fixed it, but the second one stayed in Igor's list for a really long time. After I had NOA2, my messed up timeline was still in the waiting list taking up a slot. So if you took out those kind of things, you might be farther up the list.

Igor's is a fun thing to watch, but you have to understand that it's not a perfect list because because it just collects from anybody who happens in and sometimes they don't do their timelines perfectly.

I'm not sure what you mean by the blue names and red names. I think you mean it changes color when you have visited the link. That would just be something to do with your computer, not anything Igor does. It depends on if you reboot or clear internet clutter or things like that on your personal machine.

The black names: I read an explanation of that. People can do a timeline separate from joining Visa Journey and creating a user name for the forums. The people who are black with no link do not have a profile on VJ, so there is no link to click on. It doesn't mean they were denied or forgotten, they just didn't want to make a profile page.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Igor's list depends on what YOU and everybody else puts in their timeline. So if you joined and started a timeline, then never went back to it because you got interested in maybe a different website , you're abandoned timeline would look like you filed a long time ago and never got a NOA2. So you have to realize that it's just a collection of individual timelines, kept well by some and kept poorly by others. So it's not scientific data.

Your name will go farther down the list at times, but not because they found somebody else. It's because new people found VJ and just signed up. So their name goes in the order of filing, not when they created a timeline. Also the people who create a timeline here are just a very tiny percentage of all the people who have applied for a visa. So if you're #100, don't think there are only 100 petitions ahead of you in the whole service center. There could be 2000 ahead of you.

The front of Igor's list is probably cluttered with people who have abandoned updating their timelines or have something not normal going on. I jumped from #70 to approved. Some of the people have their name in there twice. (Like me). I messed up my timeline and somehow ended up with two. An admin fixed it, but the second one stayed in Igor's list for a really long time. After I had NOA2, my messed up timeline was still in the waiting list taking up a slot. So if you took out those kind of things, you might be farther up the list.

Igor's is a fun thing to watch, but you have to understand that it's not a perfect list because because it just collects from anybody who happens in and sometimes they don't do their timelines perfectly.

I'm not sure what you mean by the blue names and red names. I think you mean it changes color when you have visited the link. That would just be something to do with your computer, not anything Igor does. It depends on if you reboot or clear internet clutter or things like that on your personal machine.

The black names: I read an explanation of that. People can do a timeline separate from joining Visa Journey and creating a user name for the forums. The people who are black with no link do not have a profile on VJ, so there is no link to click on. It doesn't mean they were denied or forgotten, they just didn't want to make a profile page.

Very well said :thumbs: You answered some of my querries too.

Thank you.

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Thank you. And Capt Ewok posted that he uses mucho mathematical things to create your predicted approval dates in your timeline. The people and dates that are way out of line or have put in some wrong data are kinda purged from the statistics so it does keep it closer to accurate.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

What is Igor's list? A monthly filer thread?

This is the stats page where you can see how many VJ approvals were logged each week for the past year. http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/stats.aspx

The links at the top of that page are for the two service centers. It updates often and you can know pretty quickly who got approved without seeing them post a "we got approved" in the forum. If you scroll down, it has the people waiting in order of filing. It's not a huge deal, but sorta nice when you see your name progressing up the list from a super high number, down into the lower numbers. It's just some visual reinforcement that you are indeed getting closer to the finish line.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks for explaining.

Why aren't the timekeeping modules prepared by VJ adequate? While the list is nice work, you can get the same information here.

The timelines are really good and very useful with the search options. I think the new range of dates for probable approval is a good addition to the individual timelines. I equally like the Igor's stats page because of seeing the latest approved with a quick click to one page. I like to wake up, pour my coffee and click the stats. If the numbers have changed, I know there's new approvals. It's kinda fun to sit at the computer and see 3, then by lunchtime 5, then 8, then in a few days 14 and you think wow, things are looking great this week.

You know how we get hung up in our month filers threads and make friends (with total strangers) in various groups. We are looking out for certain people and crossing our fingers for them. So, it's the fastest way to see on one page whose name has been added while you slept or were away, without looking through the threads or seaching the timelines.

<ONE CLICK> [i see] >>Joseph & Mary [i say] >>>"OH wow, my friends finally got NOA2"

Silly, but good news and shared joy is part of the support you get from VJ :thumbs:

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Do the results from using this function not work for you?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php?cfl=

Oh yeah, I use it all the time. Love it! But it's several clicks on the drop downs, entering dates, choosing "all." It gives great data, but the other just tells me quickest the name of who got approved last. And when you've exchanged idle chit-chat with people who filed around your time, you know their names and just get a quick picture of who's the latest since they tend to get approved in a somewhat orderly fashion by dates. Or maybe that's an occasionally orderly fashion by dates. LOL

I use both Igor and the Timeline Search for different purposes. I guess one is like the headline news and the other is the in-depth news.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I asked ewok the other day about tjhe names in black. apparently they have not got a link to thier profiles because they dont have to be members of the forum to have a timeline, therefore no profile. but still members and activer in waiting. the post in in my last topics for the thread.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do the results from using this function not work for you?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php?cfl=

Oh yeah, I use it all the time. Love it! But it's several clicks on the drop downs, entering dates, choosing "all." It gives great data, but the other just tells me quickest the name of who got approved last. And when you've exchanged idle chit-chat with people who filed around your time, you know their names and just get a quick picture of who's the latest since they tend to get approved in a somewhat orderly fashion by dates. Or maybe that's an occasionally orderly fashion by dates. LOL

I use both Igor and the Timeline Search for different purposes. I guess one is like the headline news and the other is the in-depth news.

Thank you 'Nich-Nick' for explanation about Igor's list...I know there are many more petitions out there than just the one's on VJ, but as you said it is nice to come home and in just a couple of click's you can see new approvals that may have not been there the night before. Also it is nice to see your name move up the list even if it is slowly moving up...kind of like a little reassurance things are moving along :whistle:.

I really appreciate the people and forums on VJ, there is allot of good advice and help out there all you have to do is ask...even if it is a simple question!

Thanks again :thumbs:

Hi!

I am new to this site. Where can I find Igor's list? I read also here about "touches". Where should I check if there is any touches in my case? Please Help! I have know idea what to do here. Thanks! and God Bless us all!

01/22/08 hired an immigration lawyer

02/28/08 I 129F sent it to the lawyer

03/03/08 I-129F Received at CSC

03/04/08 NOA1

03/05/08 Touched

07/14/08 NOA2

07/24/08 Called NVC and got our MNL case number

07/25/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

07/29/08 USEM Rcvd hard file

07/30/08 Paid document verification

08/01/08 Called USEM for interview appointment! (Thank you lord)

08/19/08 Medical Examination

08/20/08 Medical Examination (PASSED)

08/26/08 Interview (PINK Slip only)

10/08/08 Visa Printing! Yehheeyy! (after 48years of waiting)

10/09/08 Visa Printing Done and is ready for release

10/10/08 Visa delivered yippeee!

10/31/08 FLY DAY!!!! POE LAS, NV[/color] PLS BLESS OUR TRIP OH LORD!

11/03/08 Got married in Las Vegas

11/15/08 filed SSN

11/29/08 SSN Card Rcvd

AOS JOURNEY

12/10/08 send AOS & EAD Packet to Chicago Lockbox

12/18/08 Cashed check

12/26/08 Rcvd NOA

01/07/09 Biometrics Appointment/Done

01/12/09 Rcvd mail TRANSFER NOTICE TO CSC (AOS)

03/10/2009 Rcvd EAD

04/20/2009 GREEN CARD RCVD!!! No interview at all!

04/21/2009 Got Driver Learners Permit

The Will of God never takes you to

where the Grace of God will not protect you.

v1g6b64wviy.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

igor's list was posted earlier in this thread.

A touch is just a change of the date on the uscis website. If you're registered with uscis you can check to see if your petition has been 'touched'. It doesn't necessarily have to mean anything.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.