w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Is it time for another day of no Election 2008 threads on Off Topic?

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
How about an election-free MONTH?
Sure. July?

Not this time. One day yes, but not a month. Defeating Obama is to important.

How are you defeating Obama by copying and pasting mostly incoherent blabber on VJ?

Those that have been turned away from Obama by Gary's VJ posts, please step forward. :lol:

And those who have been turned away from McCain by Jabberwocky, VJ Troll's, etc posts please raise your hand. :P

Oh I don't see any hands.

:no:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
How about an election-free MONTH?

Sure. July?

Not this time. One day yes, but not a month. Defeating Obama is to important.

I agree with you on most of your views of Obama, but do you think posting the articles here is changing any minds? Unless there are a lot of readers who don't participate whose minds are getting changed. It doesn't seem likely. It seems a lot of the crowd is pro-Obama all the way to November and reading an article from someone who is not for Obama doesn't seem to change their minds.

Same could be said of those who constantly post articles against McCain...do you think you are going to convince someone like Gary or me by reading the article? :no: So what's the point of all the article posting, seriously? Just to make the other person look bad I think, and not about changing minds.

If politics must be discussed, instead it should be pure debate threads IMO. I think once Number 6 said something to that effect. Like, the title would be "your opinion on such-and-such, let's debate". And if people could respectfully debate with each other without labeling the other side, it might be good.

Well said, Stina. :yes::thumbs: I enjoy a good debate but the bickering and name-calling has reached a point of obnoxious.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just don't even really go in them anymore. It's just the same people saying the same things over and over again for the most part. I would think after a while the novelty and humor of saying "Ovomit" or "McSame" would wear off, but I guess not. :hehe:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Let's see how long it lasts.

LOL it will last.

The wonder is...what will he be posting instead? And will we be sorry? :lol:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
Nope, sorry. I like watching them whine. It is a preview of November when their messiah goes down in flames.

:thumbs:

Why should people stop posting because some people whine? It's not like 'What did you last put in your mouth?' or 'Jenna Jameson Sets the Record Straight on Her Sexuality' is a relevant thread....

Edited by illumine

Timeline

If politics must be discussed, instead it should be pure debate threads IMO. I think once Number 6 said something to that effect. Like, the title would be "your opinion on such-and-such, let's debate". And if people could respectfully debate with each other without labeling the other side, it might be good.

I am quoting myself because my idea is good!!! :innocent::lol:

you are so cute! :P

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Nope, sorry. I like watching them whine. It is a preview of November when their messiah goes down in flames.

Why should people stop posting because some people whine? It's not like 'What did you last put in your mouth?' or 'Jenna Jameson Sets the Record Straight on Her Sexuality' is a relevant thread....

umm but do we need 50 billion posts about the same thing... :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I guess you missed Gary's thread where he called all Dems haters... :whistle:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Timeline

That would bother a Dem.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Maybe creative restrictions could be imposed. For example, posts may consist only of icons. Which wouldn't require a huge adjustment for some contributors...

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

That would bother a Dem.

umm, isn't Dev a Dem then?

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED