Alexander De Ridder

Applied for AoS july 2007, what now?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Im kind of out of touch with my immigration thing, life has been so busy with work etc.

Its 10 months since I applied for AoS, 7 months since my biometrics, a half year since a letter from immigration that my case got transferred to California to speed things up.

That's all I got so far. Is this time span normal? Where do I call or check up on my status?

Also help me out here, EAD are only valid for one year right? I should be renewing soon then I guess.

Visa Journey Completed: Permanent US Resident since February 2009!

Thank you for googl'ing my name!

Contact me anytime for your internet development or marketing needs!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's been a while since you applied for your greencard, schedule an infopass appointment. You want to make sure that your case is on track, if you just let it pass, you are going to have to pay for a second EAD or you will be unable to work anymore, a 300 dollars plus expense and that's not good right??

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Given that you got transfered to CSC I would definiely make an infopass appointment at your local office to find out what's going on. If needed get your congressmen or senators involved.

In our case we waited and didn't make one because we knew we had to wait to be transfered to the local office and our local office processing times were dragging behind.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
Given that you got transfered to CSC I would definiely make an infopass appointment at your local office to find out what's going on. If needed get your congressmen or senators involved.

In our case we waited and didn't make one because we knew we had to wait to be transfered to the local office and our local office processing times were dragging behind.

What do you mean by "given that you got transfered to CSC". Does that imply that things should go faster/slower? What else?

Visa Journey Completed: Permanent US Resident since February 2009!

Thank you for googl'ing my name!

Contact me anytime for your internet development or marketing needs!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

What do you mean by "given that you got transfered to CSC". Does that imply that things should go faster/slower? What else?

Cases that are transferred to CSC are approved faster and most of the time approved without an interview (unless transfer to your local office).

7 months is too long, you definitely need to make an infopass and ask them what is going on.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We also filed in July 2007. Our attorney who did the paperwork said that it should take approx 6 months for everything to be processed. Although we did have two RFE's, the missing info was submitted promptly, and the online case status showed that, as of Sept 21, the info had been received and the case processing had resumed. That was the last we heard about the AOS (the biometrics were done, and I had my EAC). Since there was no movement at all in the case, my attorney and I filed a request for congressional help (my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer in November, and with every day that my case sat idle, I felt time was not on my side, sigh) The request went in to the congressman in Mid-March, the attorney called to check up with them in mid-April (cuz we still hadn't heard anything), and I got the interview notice in the mail at the end of April. Our interview is this coming Monday!!

So, if you have heard nothing at this point, and you filed when I did, then I suggest you may need to follow up. I cringe to think of how long I'd be waiting if I had not asked for congressional help (for humanitarian reasons).

Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.