SteveLaura

The First Annual VJ Lose-Yer-Lunch Day

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I bring my own lunch to work with gas prices keep going who can afford to eat out every day loool.

Jesus, I see people heading out everyday and I just can't imagine how much they spend....and we aren't talking Podunk, Idaho prices around here....

I get lunch out pretty much every work day. There's a chinese place next door to us (which we have to smell all day. lol) that has lunch specials for about $3.75 - $4.50. I don't consider that to be too bad. My problem is, I'm always either running late or just forgetful. If I make a lunch the night before, I forget it. If I wait until morning to make it, I'm always running late and don't have time, it seems. So, chinese it is. lol

have you counted your cats lately?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everybody should be smart like hubby and i who bring our own food to work everyday. I bet together we save 1,000 minimun a year by doing that.

:yes: I brought a little piece of leftover chicken and some rice and peas for lunch... Hubster gets a free school lunch, and can't bring his own because the teachers have to eat with the children. He complains all the time that I get the good leftovers, but at least his lunch is free.

Its not free somebodies paying for it! :devil:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Timeline

LOL. My wife gets a subsidized lunch, a lot of food from a teacher lunch buffet table for $2. The NJ Dept of Ed pays the rest via private school grants, which really means she does :jest:

Edited by VJ Troll

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

TINSTAFL people

TINSTAFL

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
everybody should be smart like hubby and i who bring our own food to work everyday. I bet together we save 1,000 minimun a year by doing that.

:yes: I brought a little piece of leftover chicken and some rice and peas for lunch... Hubster gets a free school lunch, and can't bring his own because the teachers have to eat with the children. He complains all the time that I get the good leftovers, but at least his lunch is free.

Its not free somebodies paying for it! :devil:

not coming out of our checking account is all that matters... :devil:

Most likely it's paid from the funds that are paid to send the students to this school. It's a special needs school where kids are sent after sometimes several attempts at mainstreaming. If a family can't afford to send their kid there, and it's damn expensive because it's year-round and boarding, with a decent-sized staff, the tuition is sometimes paid by whatever state they are from...for example if a kid is a ward of the state or by their local board of education. It's different for every situation.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hmmm, I think everyone missed the point of this thread on purpose! :lol:

I donated $5 to sponsor a coworker doing the Cancer Walk, but I still ate my lunch! :D

Good for you! Cheers, Jenn! :thumbs:

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Timeline

I donated $5 to sponsor a coworker doing the Cancer Walk, but I still ate my lunch! :D

No, it just went the way of most VJ threads....

And I gave $20 to a co-worker for her to walk in tomorrow's Hunger Walk. (and brought my lunch)

Edited by Sister Fracas

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

And I gave $20 to a co-worker for her to walk in tomorrow's Hunger Walk. (and brought my lunch)

Yay for the Sister! :dance:

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh sure, try and out do me!

Ok, just gave someone else $50 for some cause.... :P

Timeline

Oh sure, try and out do me!

Ok, just gave someone else $50 for some cause.... :P

LOL...nutter... :lol:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i just donated $800 to a car shop for repairs, does that count? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Last weekend, my mom showed me a folder with information on a child from Ecuador that her and my dad are sponsoring through a charity that came to their church. She said they're rated as one of the top charities in terms of the donated money that actually gets to the person in need. And they're based out of Kansas City. ;) Erika and I took a tour of their headquarters yesterday and we decided to sponsor a child from Peru. So I guess by coincidence, I could say I did my part for the first VJ Lose-Yer-Lunch Day. As a bonus, Erika's going to start volunteering with them next week :thumbs:

I was actually thinking about posting the website here on VJ before this thread came up. This was a great idea for a thread, by the way :thumbs:

Christian Foundation for Children and Aging

If you're interested, sign up! You can sponsor a child or an elderly person. They have projects in countries all over the world. They pride themselves on keeping costs low so that nearly all of the money gets to the person you sponsor.

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110