JaHoney

Does the whole world need to Know????

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Yeah its staggering how ignorant people can be, my wife is from Brazil....she doesn't even know what a taco is.

I mean, it is really hard to even take a comment like that seriously just because it is so abysmally ignorant. I was pretty puzzled by it. I mean, does this guy think that:

1) Mexico and the Texan borderlands are in South America?

2) Brazil is dangerously close to Mexico? Like, did he confuse it with Belize or something?

3) Mexicans actually eat Taco Bell traditionally?

4) Brazilians speak Spanish mainly?

I could keep going...

Sorry you come in contact with so many arsehats.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yeah its staggering how ignorant people can be, my wife is from Brazil....she doesn't even know what a taco is.

I mean, it is really hard to even take a comment like that seriously just because it is so abysmally ignorant. I was pretty puzzled by it. I mean, does this guy think that:

1) Mexico and the Texan borderlands are in South America?

2) Brazil is dangerously close to Mexico? Like, did he confuse it with Belize or something?

3) Mexicans actually eat Taco Bell traditionally?

4) Brazilians speak Spanish mainly?

I could keep going...

Sorry you come in contact with so many arsehats.

I am too, its a sad thing to think that this country was founded and built by immigrants but their are so many people with this way of thinking. I suppose its because of my position at my job that makes it such a hot topic (really sad even still that they have nothing better to talk about) either that or just plain jealousy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh yeah people have said some pretty awful things to me. Saying I bought my wife is a very common one, one of the other managers in my work one day was unaware that i was walking down the hall past his office and was talking to one of his employees about me ( I do the payroll here and he submitted wrong information to me and i called him out on it) and had said that I had went to south america to marry a taco bell B1**h because i couldnt find anyone here. It is crazy the things people say. After telling my ex gf's that would call at random the comments I would get from them were always negative. I have gotten use to it.

What a douchebag!

A stupid douchebag. What does Taco Bell have to do with South America?

i've had people at work that think nessa can speak spanish because she's from brazil :wacko:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
This is just a random rant, but as i am reading the guides in preparation for filing the K-1, I notice that it is stated that you must get a letter from your employer, confirming your employment. Also notarized statements (?..i think) regarding assets and debt. What bothers me about the whole thing, is that you have to essentially involve all these random people in your personal business, just to get the things you need. Personally, i work in an office full of busy body gossiping hags ( to put it kindly, dont get me wrong they are not all bad...) i can only guess that once i ask the HR person for a letter of employment verification for Immigration, that within a matter of time, it will spread to the other offices. Now i love my SO with all my heart and will have no problem, telling someone off, but the whole process seems so invasive. Im certain other VJ'ers have had personal experience with this. Often times, we are already dealing with the skepticism and criticism of family members and friends, when we state our intentions to be with someone from another country ( the smart comments and wisecracks) and then you have to go and involve your employer in your personal business as well. That really sucks!!!!! anyone care to comment????? :angry:

HR should be confidential. But you can answer "a personal matter", or you can provide whatever information you want, and just tell the HR person you want to keep it confidential :)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Timeline

I don't find the process invasive at all. It's what I have to do the get the one that I love near by my side. So, if a few people have to be in my business so be it. I also have a lot of "NOSY" people in my office and I DEAR my HR DIRECTOR to step past her place. She asked what the letter is for and all I reply it's for immigration purposes. She needs to know no more. To hell with what anybody else have to think or say. Friends or family...... I LOVE MY MAN and I'll shout it from the rooftop to anyone who wants to listen.

Honey...your HR director has to know his/her place. I deal with confidential information all day long. I never step pass my place. I just get the info I need and move on. They can't do anything with your info and if they do and you can prove it I hope you make a lot of noise, because that would be UNPROFESSIONAL.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

I don't find the process invasive at all. It's what I have to do the get the one that I love near by my side. So, if a few people have to be in my business so be it. I also have a lot of "NOSY" people in my office and I DEAR my HR DIRECTOR to step past her place. She asked what the letter is for and all I reply it's for immigration purposes. She needs to know no more. To hell with what anybody else have to think or say. Friends or family...... I LOVE MY MAN and I'll shout it from the rooftop to anyone who wants to listen.

Honey...your HR director has to know his/her place. I deal with confidential information all day long. I never step pass my place. I just get the info I need and move on. They can't do anything with your info and if they do and you can prove it I hope you make a lot of noise, because that would be UNPROFESSIONAL.

Hi, Honey

Listern to what everyone has to say, because we are all in this together and I agree with TRE, I LOVE MY MAN and I'll shout it from the rooftop to anyone who wants to listen. I am having the same problem at work right now, and I DARE anyone to question me on who I married and WHY. Everyone tends to forget almost everyone here are the by-product of someone who came here as an immigrate. Well maybe not, US Native Indidnas were here first. That's another story to discuss. Like I tell my husband, he married a melting pot, Native American. African American, Caucasian= African American. So I am pround to marry someone who knows their heritage. So I say Stand Tall and Proud of your love and the HEXX, with all others who don't rejoice with you in your happiness.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, Honey

Listern to what everyone has to say, because we are all in this together and I agree with TRE, I LOVE MY MAN and I'll shout it from the rooftop to anyone who wants to listen. I am having the same problem at work right now, and I DARE anyone to question me on who I married and WHY. Everyone tends to forget almost everyone here are the by-product of someone who came here as an immigrate. Well maybe not, US Native Indidnas were here first. That's another story to discuss. Like I tell my husband, he married a melting pot, Native American. African American, Caucasian= African American. So I am pround to marry someone who knows their heritage. So I say Stand Tall and Proud of your love and the HEXX, with all others who don't rejoice with you in your happiness.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Thank you, i appreciate it, i really do. I feel very supported on Visa Journey and know that i can always come on here, to get the answers and encouragement i need.

Filed: Timeline
Okay im going to jump back in here as i have a few minutes to speak my mind. Unruly girl, i here you we are on the same page. What i indicated in my post is that i love my SO and have no problem getting someone told if need be, never said i was embarassed either, as someone may or may not have implied. BUT, one thing i do is to keep my professional life and personal life seperate. I dont feel my coworkers need to know every freaking thing about me. I continue to be asked questions daily about " that jamaican you met on vacation", which really is starting to wear on my nerves. I make it a point, not to discuss, politics, religion or other things in the workplace. I feel it is nobody's business, what is going on with me, unless i make you a specific party to that information. Though i am an american, people tend to think that foreigners just want to come to the USA for a green card, even my own freaking mother holds that mentality. Justifying my feelings and my reasonings to people are getting old and so until i understand the process of the Visa journey, this information will be on a need to know basis. Now with that being said, i dont mean to come across as testy, or anything of that nature, but i feel there should be a seperation between your private life and work. :blink:

Honey, you're not being testy at all. Girl, this is a forum speak your mind.

I'm JAMAICAN and I get the same statement "all he wants is a green card"...I don't give a damnnnnnnnn what anyone wants to think or say. They whisper in my office all the time to the fact that I'm an unwed mother...WHISPER...I DEAR THEM TO SAY SOMETHING TO ME....they started whispering again, when I got back from Jamaica with an engagement ring...they know not the ask me a damn thing...I had to put my co-workers in their place many of times. My SO is much much younger than I am and I my family have been tripping for the last 9 months...my reply...I got me a youngbuck. And as you'll see, please don't take things personally here. Link mi if you have any questions...been there done that, heard that.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I don't like people in my business unless I invite them. That's pretty much it. My friends all know about my SO, some of my family know. Some of my family are judgemental and drama-ridden, those don't know. But the context is that those people aren't invited in any other area of my life either. If you're not in my inner circle and privvy to my personal information, you won't have the personal information about my SO either. It's pretty simple. I happen to work in HR, so nothing is personal in my office. In fact, when I had cancer, I had to get medical documentation from another doctor because oncology screams cancer and I didn't want them in my business. They chat it up with each other and I'm not interested in being the topic of discussion. Because I'm a private person, I find the process extremely invasive. I've even heard of people being asked about their sex life at the interview. If someone asked me that in real life, they'd better duck cause my hand would fly out before I realized it. Some people are more private than others and for those who live a more private lifestyle, this process is a trial.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
I don't like people in my business unless I invite them. That's pretty much it. My friends all know about my SO, some of my family know. Some of my family are judgemental and drama-ridden, those don't know. But the context is that those people aren't invited in any other area of my life either. If you're not in my inner circle and privvy to my personal information, you won't have the personal information about my SO either. It's pretty simple. I happen to work in HR, so nothing is personal in my office. In fact, when I had cancer, I had to get medical documentation from another doctor because oncology screams cancer and I didn't want them in my business. They chat it up with each other and I'm not interested in being the topic of discussion. Because I'm a private person, I find the process extremely invasive. I've even heard of people being asked about their sex life at the interview. If someone asked me that in real life, they'd better duck cause my hand would fly out before I realized it. Some people are more private than others and for those who live a more private lifestyle, this process is a trial.

LOL... exactly i am the minority in my office, and because i am very straight to the point, but private at the same time, i believe it drives my coworkers nuts that they cant get all down and dirty in my business.

Timeline
Okay im going to jump back in here as i have a few minutes to speak my mind. Unruly girl, i here you we are on the same page. What i indicated in my post is that i love my SO and have no problem getting someone told if need be, never said i was embarassed either, as someone may or may not have implied. BUT, one thing i do is to keep my professional life and personal life seperate. I dont feel my coworkers need to know every freaking thing about me. I continue to be asked questions daily about " that jamaican you met on vacation", which really is starting to wear on my nerves. I make it a point, not to discuss, politics, religion or other things in the workplace. I feel it is nobody's business, what is going on with me, unless i make you a specific party to that information. Though i am an american, people tend to think that foreigners just want to come to the USA for a green card, even my own freaking mother holds that mentality. Justifying my feelings and my reasonings to people are getting old and so until i understand the process of the Visa journey, this information will be on a need to know basis. Now with that being said, i dont mean to come across as testy, or anything of that nature, but i feel there should be a seperation between your private life and work. :blink:

Honey, you're not being testy at all. Girl, this is a forum speak your mind.

I'm JAMAICAN and I get the same statement "all he wants is a green card"...I don't give a damnnnnnnnn what anyone wants to think or say. They whisper in my office all the time to the fact that I'm an unwed mother...WHISPER...I DEAR THEM TO SAY SOMETHING TO ME....they started whispering again, when I got back from Jamaica with an engagement ring...they know not the ask me a damn thing...I had to put my co-workers in their place many of times. My SO is much much younger than I am and I my family have been tripping for the last 9 months...my reply...I got me a youngbuck. And as you'll see, please don't take things personally here. Link mi if you have any questions...been there done that, heard that.

Honestly lawny, with me being a single mom as well, and having been single for a minute, everytime my coworkers think they smell a man on the scene they want to be all up in my mix!!!! i cant stand that, im often feeling like i am not the office novelty, so get outta my face. And if i hear one more reference to how stella got her groove back, i might throw up!!!!!!! I really appreciate your candor, I must say the Yardie woman on VJ are some of the coolest i have met in a long time.