cashel

HI...I AM NEW...PLEASE..READ MY HISTORY!!!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hello everybody!

my name is JHARLEY JONES from Colombia but I am living in Jamaica, I got married two years ago and We have a beautiful baby, her name is CASHEL (She is 14 months old)...I got my CR-1 visa the last week but I am so scared because the consul told me that i am going to have problem when we arrived to united states.....I don't know why he told me that, maybe because my husband has a contact in the embassy and the consul was mad for that....so....i am really scared, i want that all my family is together...i want that my baby spend a lot time with her daddy....God bless my family and everything is going to be very well.....

i would like to meet new friends here...I want to talk about our similar experience in this process....I would be here If you want any advise...and I hope that you are for my too if i need some....THANKSSSSS

I WISH YOU THE BEST...and HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

Welcome to VJ! I don't know why you'd have a hard time coming to the U.S. - you already have your visa.

Good luck (your family is beautiful).

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

The 3 of you make such a beautiful family! Hope you got here with no problems!

Edited by Joanna&Bobby

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 7th (check cashed)

Touch- July 8th

Biometrics notice received- July 14th (notice date- July 9th)

Biometrics Appointment- July 25th

Touch- July 25th

RFE e-mail notice- July 28th

RFE response sent- September 9th

RFE response received by USCIS and case processing resumed- September 12th

AOS Touch- September 18th

Transfer to CSC- September 26th

AOS Touch-September 29th

Received Transfer Letter in mail- October 2nd

AOS Touch- case pending at the office to which it was transferred- October 3rd

AOS Touch- October 6th

EAD Touch- October 29- CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED-yippeeeeeeeeee! I can get a drivers license

EAD Touch- November 3rd- Approval notice sent (JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ RIGHT AFTER I WROTE THIS MY EAD CARD CAME IN MAIL!!!!!! I mean the Mailman brought it HOW WEIRD IS THAT???????????)

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Removing Conditions 12/16/2010- Application sent by certified mail

Approved 3/07/2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

I married a wonderful Colombian woman 4 years ago. We married in Colombia and I had to go thru the Colombian laws and requirements. In order to apply for a Visa for her I had to be in Colombia continously for 6 months before The US embassy in Bogota would accept my application. When I got there they were going to deny the application because I didn't live in the US and didn't have the minimum income of $20k to support her. This was ludicrous as I had over $100,000 in my bank account which was 5 years of salary. Finally, with threat of talking to the ambassador they finally gave her a Visa to visit the states. We got here and started the process required for permanent visa, Social Security Card, biometrics and green card. It has been a long and difficult process and it is scary....so I know what you mean. My wife got her first interview for Naturalization in April and the interviewing official liked playing games as he knew her English was limited. He told her to stand up...she did. He told her to raise her right hand...she did. While standing and raising her hand he asked her, "Have you ever claimed to be a US Citizen?" She responded,"Yes." She was thinking that he was doing the oath and wanted to know if she wanted to be a US Citizen. Well, he immediately failed her for not speaking English because it is illegal to claim to be a US citizen--when you are not; which he was legally in the right to do. However, she was so nervous and scared that she could barely talk. He asked her 4 questions and failed her immediately without asking any civics questions, without asking her to read or write anything. All of which she could do. She is limited in her speaking/oral capacity. She had taken English courses in an University, church, ESL setting and did better than all of the other students yet, when it came time for the interview the officer never tried to make her feel relaxed and wanted to play tricks on her. Final word from this experience is that knowing how to respond to the application was more important than the civics questions. His first question to her was, "How did you get here?" Easy enough for a person who speaks English but, not easy to understand as a ESL person. She was thinking she got here because she married a US citizen. If he'd ask how did you arrive at the interview she would've understood a bit better. Needless to say, we both cried after he failed her English and was told that he'd reschedule her. She continued with her studies and went to her second interview a few days ago and passed. So, if you ever need help with anything we will be glad to assist you as the process is long and scary.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Welcome to this community. :)

Shape

Hello everybody!

my name is JHARLEY JONES from Colombia but I am living in Jamaica, I got married two years ago and We have a beautiful baby, her name is CASHEL (She is 14 months old)...I got my CR-1 visa the last week but I am so scared because the consul told me that i am going to have problem when we arrived to united states.....I don't know why he told me that, maybe because my husband has a contact in the embassy and the consul was mad for that....so....i am really scared, i want that all my family is together...i want that my baby spend a lot time with her daddy....God bless my family and everything is going to be very well.....

i would like to meet new friends here...I want to talk about our similar experience in this process....I would be here If you want any advise...and I hope that you are for my too if i need some....THANKSSSSS

I WISH YOU THE BEST...and HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!