11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

So just curious usually as to how soon the fingerprinting letter shows up once you've received your 1 year green card extension letter.

Just curious.

Rob and Jessica

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received both my NOA and biometrics notice on the same day.

My daughter received them one week apart.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
I received both my NOA and biometrics notice on the same day.

My daughter received them one week apart.

I just got my 1 year ext letter on 5/30 and was just curious. Looking at the timelines i've noticed the biometrics appt is about 1 month apart from the NOA date.

Thanks for replying

Rob and Jessica

We got the biometrics letter about a week after the NOA1. The biometrics letter is important since that has the actual case file number.

The appointment was scheduled about a month later. We went earlier in the day than was established by them and it was no problem.

Timeline
We got the biometrics letter about a week after the NOA1. The biometrics letter is important since that has the actual case file number.

The appointment was scheduled about a month later. We went earlier in the day than was established by them and it was no problem.

so lets say the bio letter got lost in the mail and i never received it.. if i called USCIS customer service and gave them the WAC number on the NOA.. do u think they'll be able to see if the bio letter was ever mailed out?

I had read somewhere else where someone didnt receive their bio letter because it was sent to wrong address and i think they were sent a denial letter because they did not attend appt... or another incident where they DID attend the bio appt and was sent denial letter indicating that they NEVER went. *sigh*

I do understand that the ASC receipt number is the trackable number for case status.. but that WAC number should be for something right?

Im just trying to cover the 'what ifs".

Rob and Jessica

Filed: Timeline
Hi there,

So just curious usually as to how soon the fingerprinting letter shows up once you've received your 1 year green card extension letter.

Just curious.

We got the biometric letter a week after we got the NOA.

Removing Conditioins

02/25/08 Mailed I751

03/05/08 Check cashed by Californice Service Center not Nebraska!

03/07/08 Got NOA1 Dated 02/27/08

03/15/08 Biometrics Letter rec'd

03/31/08 Biometrics Done

06/03/08 Got Approval Email

06/10/08 Gr. Card Received!

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and nothing I say should be taken as legal advice, only an opinion.

Filed: Timeline

My NOA is 5/15/08. I havent received my biometric appointment. I live in mutli-apartment complex. So i dont know whether USPS lost it or not? So I want to know whether there is any procedure to find out about the ASC appointment with USCIS. Thank u :unsure:

Yes im in the same situation also my NOA was on 5/17 but until now no appt. letter for bio.. this waiting is making me edgy nooohh make that giddy heehehe :whistle: anywayss trying to find my case number in the USCIS's website but up to now cant find my case number yet. I dont think im in thier system as of now.... :huh: and the wait goes onnnnn...

hubby send ds-230 and also sends the AOS -07/30/2005

gets RFE letter from NVC ----------------------09/03/2005

sends back the W's -----------------------------09/10/2005

Case COMPLETED!!!-----------------------------10/12/2005

InTERview schedule------------------------------04/27/2006

I-751 VSC

05-12-08-----------------send application

05-15-08-----------------VSC received and signed the package....

05-17-08----------------- NOA1

06-25-08------------------Biometrics

03-26-09-------------card production ordered!

I think it might depend on your local office, because our bio appt letter took about a month to arrive. We were getting worried and already thinking about calling the 800 number, when the letter did arrive in the mail.

JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTS

04/23/05: Sent fiance petition (I-129F) to VSC

10/26/05: K-1 visa in hand

02/17/06: Flight to U.S. - POE Anchorage

03/01/06: We got married!!

03/04/06: Applied for Adjustment of Status

07/31/06: Received 2-Year Green Card in the mail

04/08/08: Sent application for Removal of Conditions to VSC

03/20/09: Received 10-year Green Card in the mail

04/11/09: Mailed N-400 application to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

08/18/09: Citizenship interview in Garden City, NY

08/27/09: Sworn in as a U.S. Citizen in Brooklyn Court House

08/29/09: Applied for U.S. Passport (routine service)

09/25/09: Received U.S. Passport in the mail

* Our Journey is Complete ! *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.