47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Without going into detail, I, the USC, married a K1 and within 2 months, she moved out. Before I could withdrawal my affidavit of support, the AOS application was transferred to Cali where it was rubber stamped. My letter of withdrawal along with a ton of evidence indicating marriage fraud crossed the approved AOS in the mail. Shortly thereafter, the alien's greencard arrived. Needless to say, I was devasted. She beat the system and me.

However, just today, 3 months after the card arrived, a notice of AOS interview was received. I'm not sure why it came to me because she moved out and I thought had changed her address....

Has anyone heard of somone getting an AOS interview AFTER it's been approved?

Does anyone else know of anything I can do to seal the deal? Should I agree to attend and then drop the ball? She doesn't even know I tried to withdrawal.

Thanks.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

How do you know she actually received the green card? Unless you saw it, she could have lied. Did you go to an AOS interview, and what was the timeline for this?

4.21.06 - Married!

5.2.06 - Mailed AOS and EAD to Chicago

5.4.06 - Application arrives in lockbox

5.9.06 - NOA 1 for AOS and EAD

5.11.06 - NOA 1 rec'd!

5.17.06 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

5.19.06 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

5.20.06 - Biometrics notice for AOS and EAD

5.30.06 - Biometrics!

6.1.06 - Touched (AOS)

6.3.06 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

6.26.06 - Interview notice!!! (Aug. 9 at 10 a.m.)

7.6.06 - Touched (EAD)

7.8.06 - Touched (EAD)

7.10.06 - Touched (EAD)

7.11.06 - EAD approval notice!!!

7.15.06 - EAD card rec'd!

8.9.06 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

sawavingflag.gifuswavingflag.gif

How do you know she actually received the green card? Unless you saw it, she could have lied. Did you go to an AOS interview, and what was the timeline for this?

I handed her the greencard -- after meeting with an AOS supervisor who informed me I was basically screwed and that after 2 years, she would have to remove the conditional status alone - which is possible upon satisfying the burden of proof of bona fide marriage - a small hurdle at this stage.

The AOS interview was waived. As some may have noticed via other threads, a number of AOS applications have been transfered to Cali for expedited processing. These cases are approved without an interview within a month. This was our case. The greencard was originally approved without an interview. However, now an AOS interview is scheduled....perhaps due to my letters???

I should also add that I reported this to ICE. This alien is the very reason some of you are having so many problems with your own interviews. She is the reason you must submit the excessive amount of evidence, etc. Obviously, I have taken this extremely serious.

Edited by greencardgamesucker

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I handed her the greencard -- after meeting with an AOS supervisor who informed me I was basically screwed and that after 2 years, she would have to remove the conditional status alone - which is possible upon satisfying the burden of proof of bona fide marriage - a small hurdle at this stage.

The AOS interview was waived. As some may have noticed via other threads, a number of AOS applications have been transfered to Cali for expedited processing. These cases are approved without an interview within a month. This was our case. The greencard was originally approved without an interview. However, now an AOS interview is scheduled....perhaps due to my letters???

I should also add that I reported this to ICE. This alien is the very reason some of you are having so many problems with your own interviews. She is the reason you must submit the excessive amount of evidence, etc. Obviously, I have taken this extremely serious.

I am sorry but it's hard to believe it!

Are you sure that she has done that or you're just trying to make her life miserable because it didn't work out???

Stop wasting your energy on destroying things.

What are you gonna gain???

Be productive and build things!

October 30, 2005 - Married in Vegas

December 27, 2005 - EAD, AP, AOS mailed

January 4, 2006 - received in Chicago

January 27, 2006 - RFE for medical received

February 13, 2006 - Medical received

February 15, 2006 - Biometrics appointment at 10 am

March 1, 2006 - AP touched

March 4, 2006 - AP received

March 8, 2006 - EAD received

March 29, 2006 - interview notice received - May 31, 2006

May 31, 2006 - Successful interview!!! Approved

June 12, 2006 - Green card received

Feb 28, 2008 - will be sending removal of conditions docs.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Filed: Timeline

When you say that you sent loads of evidence of marriage fraud, was this compelling evidence, like something in writing from her to someone else declaring that she'd used you for immigration benefits? Is there an AOs name on the interview letter? It suppose it could be a mistake, then again many fraud cases are referred to local offices for more scrutiny. It might be worth a call to see if the AO is an Anti Fraud investigator.

I am sorry but it's hard to believe it!

Are you sure that she has done that or you're just trying to make her life miserable because it didn't work out???

Stop wasting your energy on destroying things.

What are you gonna gain???

Be productive and build things!

What so hard to believe? It happens all the time. You are suspicious of what he says, yet he can't be suspicious of his wife's activities? :whistle:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Retribution: Yes, I agree that it's counterproductive to destroy. I think that if someone is happy with their life, then they won't go out of their way to screw someone else's. HOWEVER, I'm on the hook financially for 10 years! If she ever accesses means-tested benefits, e.g. medicare, I am 100% liable. Also, according to recent case law, I am contractually obligated to maintain her at 125% of the poverty level. (Pay attention sponsors!) This is brand new case law stating that regardless of the merits of the marriage, an affidavit of support is a contract to basically pay the alien monthly support. see Stump v Stump. The alien can sue for breach of contract AND recover attorneys fees - because it's a blatant breach!

Evidence: My evidence included recordings of her stating (1) that she would hurt me if I did not attend the AOS interview with her; (2) that she would hurt me if I divorced her; (3) that she would pay me if I helped her get her greencard. Since this time, I've got evidence that she began a relationship with a guy within 1 month of our marriage and is now living with him (phone calls, emails, etc.). While it's circumstantial evidence, it's strong.

Mistake: the letter has her name on it. I'll look into the possibility of it being a fraud investigation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
Retribution: Yes, I agree that it's counterproductive to destroy. I think that if someone is happy with their life, then they won't go out of their way to screw someone else's. HOWEVER, I'm on the hook financially for 10 years! If she ever accesses means-tested benefits, e.g. medicare, I am 100% liable. Also, according to recent case law, I am contractually obligated to maintain her at 125% of the poverty level. (Pay attention sponsors!) This is brand new case law stating that regardless of the merits of the marriage, an affidavit of support is a contract to basically pay the alien monthly support. see Stump v Stump. The alien can sue for breach of contract AND recover attorneys fees - because it's a blatant breach!

Evidence: My evidence included recordings of her stating (1) that she would hurt me if I did not attend the AOS interview with her; (2) that she would hurt me if I divorced her; (3) that she would pay me if I helped her get her greencard. Since this time, I've got evidence that she began a relationship with a guy within 1 month of our marriage and is now living with him (phone calls, emails, etc.). While it's circumstantial evidence, it's strong.

Mistake: the letter has her name on it. I'll look into the possibility of it being a fraud investigation.

Well now I can see your case a little more clear and I definitely understand you better.

It's hard for me, I'm probably one of the most naive people you know, who still believes that there are only good people in the world.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about that 125% poverty line. There's no way she would want to live off of the support, which would be only about $1,200 a month. You can't really survive off of it!!! plus I doubt she would go through the hassle and take any legal action against anything that minor.

In my opinion she will leave you alone

but if she has a conditional greencard, I am sure she will not have it renewed (even by herself) if you really want it.

October 30, 2005 - Married in Vegas

December 27, 2005 - EAD, AP, AOS mailed

January 4, 2006 - received in Chicago

January 27, 2006 - RFE for medical received

February 13, 2006 - Medical received

February 15, 2006 - Biometrics appointment at 10 am

March 1, 2006 - AP touched

March 4, 2006 - AP received

March 8, 2006 - EAD received

March 29, 2006 - interview notice received - May 31, 2006

May 31, 2006 - Successful interview!!! Approved

June 12, 2006 - Green card received

Feb 28, 2008 - will be sending removal of conditions docs.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Maybe I am misunderstanding you-but what I would do is absolutly find out if this interview is a follow-up on your letters informing them of her change of address and status, or a regular AOS interview.

Maybe use that oppertunity to re inform them that she is no longer living with you, also.

She should have done that within 10 days of her move from your residence..BTW.

Best of Luck, and sorry this happened.

It needs sorting out asap, but then you already know that.

Call them and ask their advice ( uscis).

tmma.

P.S-Call a divorce attorney , also?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Does anyone else know of anything I can do to seal the deal? Should I agree to attend and then drop the ball? She doesn't even know I tried to withdrawal.

You definitely should go to the interview, state your case and present your evidence. If you have her stating all those things, the 'CIS will have no problems revoking their decision.

My letter of withdrawal along with a ton of evidence indicating marriage fraud crossed the approved AOS in the mail. Shortly thereafter, the alien's greencard arrived.
I handed her the Green Card -- after meeting with an AOS supervisor who informed me I was basically screwed and that after 2 years, she would have to remove the conditional status alone - which is possible upon satisfying the burden of proof of bona fide marriage - a small hurdle at this stage.

After reading the OP's statements again, maybe I am missing something here.

Why in the World did you give her the GC?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about that 125% poverty line. There's no way she would want to live off of the support, which would be only about $1,200 a month. You can't really survive off of it!!! plus I doubt she would go through the hassle and take any legal action against anything that minor.

It would be nice for us all to be clairvoyant, but with a time period as vast as ten years, anything can happen. Especially if the new boyfriend doesn't work out.

My letter of withdrawal along with a ton of evidence indicating marriage fraud crossed the approved AOS in the mail. Shortly thereafter, the alien's greencard arrived.
I handed her the Green Card -- after meeting with an AOS supervisor who informed me I was basically screwed and that after 2 years, she would have to remove the conditional status alone - which is possible upon satisfying the burden of proof of bona fide marriage - a small hurdle at this stage.

After reading the OP's statements again, maybe I am missing something here.

Why in the World did you give her the GC?

While I can see your point, I believe that the OP did the correct thing and instead reported the entire matter to USCIS and ICE. Not giving her the GC, when it was addressed to her, could open up a whole 'nother can of worms and even, unfortunately, play right into her scheme, in point of fact.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

nyc - maybe it doesn't seem like a whole lot, but "only" $1,200 per month would be a HUGE amount to me! That's more than half of what I earn in a month and I earn almost triple the poverty line for my household size. And why should he risk having to pay it, when she defrauded him? It doesn't sound like it would be below her to try and cash in on this for the next decade or so.

To the OP, I would go to the interview. Be prepared for the possibility that it won't do any good, but it might. At the very least, you could (hopefully) be off the hook for financial support if it ever comes to that. She'll have to prove the marriage was in good faith when she goes to get her conditions off, and it will be hard to prove that if there's proof in her file that it wasn't.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

4.21.06 - Married!

5.2.06 - Mailed AOS and EAD to Chicago

5.4.06 - Application arrives in lockbox

5.9.06 - NOA 1 for AOS and EAD

5.11.06 - NOA 1 rec'd!

5.17.06 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

5.19.06 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

5.20.06 - Biometrics notice for AOS and EAD

5.30.06 - Biometrics!

6.1.06 - Touched (AOS)

6.3.06 - Touched (AOS, EAD)

6.26.06 - Interview notice!!! (Aug. 9 at 10 a.m.)

7.6.06 - Touched (EAD)

7.8.06 - Touched (EAD)

7.10.06 - Touched (EAD)

7.11.06 - EAD approval notice!!!

7.15.06 - EAD card rec'd!

8.9.06 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

sawavingflag.gifuswavingflag.gif

You are correct in that I gave her the GC in order to facilitate her starting work, thus detering her from becoming a public ward wherein I would have to provide support. At this point, I was under the impression that I was screwed and that her status in the US was secure - for at least 2 years until the removal of conditional status proceeding.

The AOS Supervisor told me that the GC was legally hers and that if she became aware the GC had been approved and she didn't receive it, she could simply request another. I determined it was in my best interest to start working with her...or at least provide the appearance.

Another thing - I'm not really even supposed to know about the interview. The letter was addressed to her. That's the "can of worms" someone mentioned... Also, should I even tell her about the interview? It appears that she failed to change her address - which is a felony for aliens. I don't think I have a duty. What happens then? I would like to expedite the process.

As other posters have pointed out just go to the interview, what have you got to lose? Your ex SO is the one who has to prove she came here legally to enable her to keep the GC. If I were in your shoes I would take the letter to the interview with me and arm myself with all the proof as far as you are concerned that she committed marriage fraud and see what the officer has to say on the matter. Explain like you have with us all the circumstances and then let them decide what is best in the matter. So far in the process it looks like you have done everything you can to ratify the matter, take a pad and a pen with you as you need to write down a few things at this interview, then follow your head not your heart and go see a lawyer.

Janice

Edited by arwensun1965

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.