J & Q

2nd attempt for pink slip

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, my fiancée is on her way back to the consulate in HCM to present the additional information as indicated on the blue slip. I hope that this information will satisfy their needs and we will have our pink slip. We are both very nervous of the unknown and hope and pray that all goes well. If she does get her pink slip, I will be purchasing airline tickets tomorrow.

Would anyone happen to know what the best way is of obtaining a visa to Vietnam? The last 2 times I went through the travel agency where I purchased the airline tickets but it took about 3 weeks to get. Also, where is the most cost efficient place to purchase airline tickets to Vietnam from NYC?

I will keep you posted as to what the outcome is.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
Well, my fiancée is on her way back to the consulate in HCM to present the additional information as indicated on the blue slip. I hope that this information will satisfy their needs and we will have our pink slip. We are both very nervous of the unknown and hope and pray that all goes well. If she does get her pink slip, I will be purchasing airline tickets tomorrow.

Would anyone happen to know what the best way is of obtaining a visa to Vietnam? The last 2 times I went through the travel agency where I purchased the airline tickets but it took about 3 weeks to get. Also, where is the most cost efficient place to purchase airline tickets to Vietnam from NYC?

I wish you good luck, sorry you have to go through such a difficult embassy.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Good luck

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Timeline

Thanks. We are just hoping that it will be all done with soon so that we can put this behind us and start a family together

4432.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Thanks. We are just hoping that it will be all done with soon so that we can put this behind us and start a family together

This is the most stressful part of the entire process. I am sure you will be fine though.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Timeline

We hope you're successful and wish you the best!!! :thumbs:

I got my visas from the SFO Vietnamese Consulate. It took about 3 business days. I sent it USPS Express and included a USPS Express paid envelope. I would assume the same turn around from the Vietnamese Embassy in Washington DC. You can download the instructions from their website

http://www.vietnamembassy.us/consular_serv...o&print=yes

As to airline tickets, I searched the internet each time and found myself booking flights directly (thru my rewards program at Wells Fargo when I flew on United and China Airlines) and Expedia.com when I flew on EVA. It seems there isn't one cheap airline, the flight prices are constantly different.

Good luck!!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Married 2008-4-06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got my visa through this place, and had no trouble at all.They were very courteous and professional to me. Answered all my questions in a few minutes via e-mail.

http://www.visa-vietnam.org/?Itemid=71

I traveled from China to Vietnam and they took care of all in less than 2 days. Was fast at airport also.

Try searching travelzoo for their top 20 sights, sometimes can find good prices.

Good Luck

Craig

Timeline

We hope you're successful and wish you the best!!! :thumbs:

I got my visas from the SFO Vietnamese Consulate. It took about 3 business days. I sent it USPS Express and included a USPS Express paid envelope. I would assume the same turn around from the Vietnamese Embassy in Washington DC. You can download the instructions from their website

http://www.vietnamembassy.us/consular_serv...o&print=yes

As to airline tickets, I searched the internet each time and found myself booking flights directly (thru my rewards program at Wells Fargo when I flew on United and China Airlines) and Expedia.com when I flew on EVA. It seems there isn't one cheap airline, the flight prices are constantly different.

Good luck!!

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Married 2008-4-06

Well, she didn't get her pink again, yet she got another fing blue slip. This time saying that we don't have enough proof and need more evidence. She will send me the copy of the 2nd blue slip later today. I don't know what more proof I can possibly provide or who to contact to help us. This is ridiculous. I mean we have hundreds of emails, receipts of phone calls, text messages, pictures, airline tickets for June and September, not to mention that we have known each other for almost 2 years now.

I am so frustrated at this whole process this does not seem just of fair whatsoever.

4432.gif

Timeline
Well, she didn't get her pink again, yet she got another fing blue slip. This time saying that we don't have enough proof and need more evidence. She will send me the copy of the 2nd blue slip later today. I don't know what more proof I can possibly provide or who to contact to help us. This is ridiculous. I mean we have hundreds of emails, receipts of phone calls, text messages, pictures, airline tickets for June and September, not to mention that we have known each other for almost 2 years now.

I am so frustrated at this whole process this does not seem just of fair whatsoever.

Fair isn't the what the process is about. However, presistance and devotion to your relationship will resolve this in your favor. As I said in the other post you have about this, contacting the Consulate and talking to a CO maybe all that's needed. The Consulate knows most fraud cases aren't going to pursue thier cases. Somewhere in the posts here was a case where the Petitioner went to HCMC Consulate with the blue slip and waited until a CO would talk with him. He was there for the interview just in case this happened. It took hours but when he started to talk the CO, the CO looked over the case and handed him a pink slip on the spot.

Don't give up!!!

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Edited by PeterFB

Timeline

Fair isn't the what the process is about. However, presistance and devotion to your relationship will resolve this in your favor. As I said in the other post you have about this, contacting the Consulate and talking to a CO maybe all that's needed. The Consulate knows most fraud cases aren't going to pursue thier cases. Somewhere in the posts here was a case where the Petitioner went to HCMC Consulate with the blue slip and waited until a CO would talk with him. He was there for the interview just in case this happened. It took hours but when he started to talk the CO, the CO looked over the case and handed him a pink slip on the spot.

Don't give up!!!

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Unfortunately she never got the name of the CO who interviewed her so I don't know who I would ask to speak to. I have however sent numerous emails, which I know were read because I sent them with read receipt notification but no one has yet to respond. I sent emails to my Congressman and Congresswoman this afternoon explaining my situation and requested their assistance. I highly doubt that it will do any good but figured that it was worth a shot. I will send another email to the U.S. Consulate General requesting the name and contact number of the CO handling our case so that I may contact him or her directly. I don’t know if they will release this information to me though but I guess that it is worth a try. I will never give up even if I have to go there in person and wait outside the gates for the CO to come out. I will do whatever it takes.

4432.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.