L_n_O

What gift did you get your bridesmaids and groomsmen?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I only had 1 guy stand up for me--friends were too cheap to fly to RI,lol and I got him a big Bertha golf driver!! Think my wife got her bridesmates jewelery of some sorts

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I only had 1 guy stand up for me--friends were too cheap to fly to RI,lol and I got him a big Bertha golf driver!! Think my wife got her bridesmates jewelery of some sorts

I would have flown to RI for a Big Bertha!

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

We gave a framed picture to our BM and MOH. Gene took this photo, we enlarged it, and had it put in a very nice rustic frame. It's a picture of a canola field just north of where I lived in SK.

June_July_2006049.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We gave the little token just like you have already but just for the wedding party we took them out on an outing on a Sunset cruise. We figured that it would be nice to give them memories to last a life time. =)

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

I've bought coffee mugs with our photo, names and date of wedding on them for our people.

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Check out etsy.com, there are tons of unique handmade things to find there!

This is a great link, thanks so much for the suggestion!

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Check out etsy.com,

that website is fantastic!

such cute stuff!

Yeah I love it because most of it is really unique, and generally the things are professional looking and well made. So have bought earrings there for my wedding, and am thinking about a kind of feathered headband for after I take off my veil. I found some really pretty earrings for my Mum too. The other great thing about etsy is that if you don't find what you are looking for, you can invite artists to bid on the project and have something totally made to your specifications. I like supporting artisans in this way too:)

Thanks to you guys, I found a crown for my wedding on etsy. The girl didn't have the exact one I wanted so I asked if she could do one for me with wheat (since our wedding is medieval) and this is what she made me:

weddingcrownxf6.jpg

These are great ideas (for Liz, for Liz!) (ok, for me too) you guys!

And Cassie, what kinds of things do you make?!

Well........... :whistle:

I make marbleized notecards and bookmarks, and looking to make scrapbooking accents (hearts, stars, etc) out of marbleized paper. I am also thinking about doing larger pieces for framing.

I love making all kinds of Christmas ornaments.

I also do some handspinning and knitting.

I am growing lavender this year and looking to figure out what to do with my bumper crop!

And last but not least, I am looking into putting some of my cross stitch design ideas down on paper.

So.....my problem is deciding what I am going to focus on! :D But my goal is to get some things for sale on etsy by the end of the year. :)

You need to come post a link here when you start selling on etsy!

Liz....what did you decide on?!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

We had a butterfly whimsical theme wedding with around 150 guests.

The ceremony was held in a NURTURE SPA GARDEN while the sun sets.

There were butterflies, bubbles and smoke while we were walking in the aisle and exchanging vows.

Because of our theme and the number of guests, we chose DRIED BUTTERFLIES preserved in a small wine and jigger glass with tags of our wedding date.

For our sponsors, we have this CUSTOMIZED CLOCK WITH DRIED BUTTERFLIES preserved inside the clock frame..

pic6oe9.jpg

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

What a nice idea for favors.

I'm wondering what Liz came up with???

I have to come up with favors now. I have 200 gorgeous organza bags in the green color of my dress, yet I have no idea what to put in them :)

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Timeline

I gave me bridesmaids each a coach bag. Neil gave his friends loads of booze :lol:

I have to come up with favors now. I have 200 gorgeous organza bags in the green color of my dress, yet I have no idea what to put in them :)

my friend burned CDs with their favorite love songs on them and put on at each place setting. they also had little boxes of godiva truffles and some bubbles.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline
I gave me bridesmaids each a coach bag. Neil gave his friends loads of booze :lol:

my friend burned CDs with their favorite love songs on them and put on at each place setting. they also had little boxes of godiva truffles and some bubbles.

Our wedding is themed, so no bags, though booze would work :)

We were planning on the cd's but in addition to our songs, we have the songs for Patrick's parents, aunt/uncle, my sisters, our friends, etc. Those we'll give out at the Polterabend though, since cd's dont' really fit with the medieval theme.....

We're only having a best man, maid of honor and then his parents and my kids....

penguinpasscanada.jpg