L_n_O

What gift did you get your bridesmaids and groomsmen?

28 posts in this topic

So, we went and bought the customary cigar holders for the guys..

And for the girls, I bought necklaces with a small diamond pendent (got it at macy's on a sale day)

But we want to get them both (boys & girls) something else as well......

I've been looking into engraved cuff links..

and more jewelery for the girls..

but I'd love YOUR ideas!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Well, we're only having a best man and a MOH, and we're having a medieval themed wedding.

We haven't really talked about specifics, but I imagine we'll get them something medieval-esque from the

Scottish Highland Games the weekend before our wedding.

I was no help to you, Liz :)

But what about getting them something that is special to both you and your hubby? Or something indicative of both your cultures

or what you've all been through together on this journey?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We bought a copy of World of Warfcraft (it had just come out) for our best man, and for our maid of honour I bought her an original silver/crystal necklace amde by an artist down home, and also helped with the plane ticket.

For each of the family units represented at the wedding (10 in total, including us), we gave this pewter Christmas ornament with our names and the date etched on the back. I used to work at this company, and I liked the ornament, and I wanted a special keepsake for our wedding day. Amos Pewter makes a bunch of neat stuff, I just loved working there!

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/...r/Detail?no=628

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

For each of the family units represented at the wedding (10 in total, including us), we gave this pewter Christmas ornament with our names and the date etched on the back. I used to work at this company, and I liked the ornament, and I wanted a special keepsake for our wedding day. Amos Pewter makes a bunch of neat stuff, I just loved working there!

Cassie, that's a really neat idea!!

I love the tree of life ornament on their website!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

I like that idea too! Can I steal it for my wedding? :-)

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well...Corinna and I got married in Hawaii, so I treated the wedding party, my dad, and father in law to a fishing charter. That was their present. But one wedding I was in I got a watch (not expensive, but still nice) and another one I got a great engraved beer stein, which we used thru the entire ceremony and on into the night :thumbs:

There's always the standard flask with engraving, I got one for a wedding I was in and it's on my shelf next to a pic of the couple. But your cigar holder is a good idea. A nice lighter would be a good touch, too. Are your husband's groomsmen golfers? Golf stuff is good...

If you live near a major league baseball stadium, a ticket to the game is cool...kind of like a boys night before the wedding (low key!!). We did this for the beer stein wedding and it was cool because all the guys were from Alaska and we don't get to see baseball live.

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Timeline

that's this year's ornament -- they have put out an ornament every year they have been open, and some of them are really neat -- like the heart made out of the outlines of two birds. And they have all sorts of neat gifts and beautiful picture frames and they ship all over the place. I (L) that store! Ok, enough advertising! LOL

I like that idea too! Can I steal it for my wedding? :-)

hehe most definitely! :thumbs:

Since our wedding was so small (20 people in total), we were able to afford some special touches like the ornaments to thank everyone -- all the people at the wedding were involved in one way or another. I wanted to bring a little Canadian touch! :)

Edited by Cassie

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

For our big Hoo-Ha family wedding, I'm getting my two bridesmaids little cashmere cardigans and I am going to embroider little labels on the inside with the date, etc. A friend of mine is giving her girls Betsy Johnson travel sponge bags (surprisingly not that expensive but super cute) with bath stuff in them. I am totally lost on boy stuff. No idea. We are doing custom made vans slip ons for them to wear and keep, but we need to come up with a gift as well. Check out etsy.com, there are tons of unique handmade things to find there!

I also have to think of something for my two twin flower girls. They have EVERYTHING and they already got necklaces at my sis in laws wedding.

Concurrent I-130 and AOS

Nov 30 2007 - I enter US as a tourist to spend the ski season with my sweetie and figure out what we both want outta life - we plan on ending up in Canada, but...

Jan 30 2008 - We get married in Vegas! We decide to stay in the US.

Feb 08 2008 - File I-130, I-485, AP and EAD

Feb 11 2008 - Package arrives in Chicago

Feb 19 2008 - Receive NOA 1 for everything except I-485. NOA date Feb 15th

Feb 19 2008 - Touch I-130, AP, EAD

Feb 21 2008 - Receive I-485 NOA 1. NOA Date Feb 15th

Feb 22 2008 - Receive Biometrics notice, dated Feb 20th, for appointment March 11th

Feb 27 2008 - Walk in to Denver field office and have Biometrics taken early as the 11th March I'll be away

Apr 16 2008 - EAD card production ordered

Apr 16 2008 - AP approval sent

Apr 21 2008 - AP received in mail

Apr 21 2008 - EAD card production email received again - strange

Apr 24 2008 - EAD card approval notice sent email

Apr 26 2008 - EAD card received

May 03 2008 - Interview notice received -June 27th

May 22 2008 - Touch on I-485

June 09 2008 - I-130 finally shows up online and shows a touch that day, so does I-485

Jun 27 2008 - Interview - approved, stamped, received card production email. Ya-hoo!!!!

July 10 2008 - Card received

Total time from filing - approval: 4.5 months

MOVED TO SAN DIEGO!!

Lifting of Conditions

June 11 2010 - Package mailed

June 16 2010 - NOA date

July 2 2010 - Bio letter received - July 27th date

July 9 2010 - Early biometrics walk in San Marcos CA

Sept 16 2010 - Card production ordered

Check out etsy.com,

that website is fantastic!

such cute stuff!

Yeah I love it because most of it is really unique, and generally the things are professional looking and well made. So have bought earrings there for my wedding, and am thinking about a kind of feathered headband for after I take off my veil. I found some really pretty earrings for my Mum too. The other great thing about etsy is that if you don't find what you are looking for, you can invite artists to bid on the project and have something totally made to your specifications. I like supporting artisans in this way too:)

Concurrent I-130 and AOS

Nov 30 2007 - I enter US as a tourist to spend the ski season with my sweetie and figure out what we both want outta life - we plan on ending up in Canada, but...

Jan 30 2008 - We get married in Vegas! We decide to stay in the US.

Feb 08 2008 - File I-130, I-485, AP and EAD

Feb 11 2008 - Package arrives in Chicago

Feb 19 2008 - Receive NOA 1 for everything except I-485. NOA date Feb 15th

Feb 19 2008 - Touch I-130, AP, EAD

Feb 21 2008 - Receive I-485 NOA 1. NOA Date Feb 15th

Feb 22 2008 - Receive Biometrics notice, dated Feb 20th, for appointment March 11th

Feb 27 2008 - Walk in to Denver field office and have Biometrics taken early as the 11th March I'll be away

Apr 16 2008 - EAD card production ordered

Apr 16 2008 - AP approval sent

Apr 21 2008 - AP received in mail

Apr 21 2008 - EAD card production email received again - strange

Apr 24 2008 - EAD card approval notice sent email

Apr 26 2008 - EAD card received

May 03 2008 - Interview notice received -June 27th

May 22 2008 - Touch on I-485

June 09 2008 - I-130 finally shows up online and shows a touch that day, so does I-485

Jun 27 2008 - Interview - approved, stamped, received card production email. Ya-hoo!!!!

July 10 2008 - Card received

Total time from filing - approval: 4.5 months

MOVED TO SAN DIEGO!!

Lifting of Conditions

June 11 2010 - Package mailed

June 16 2010 - NOA date

July 2 2010 - Bio letter received - July 27th date

July 9 2010 - Early biometrics walk in San Marcos CA

Sept 16 2010 - Card production ordered

Timeline
Check out etsy.com,

that website is fantastic!

such cute stuff!

Yeah I love it because most of it is really unique, and generally the things are professional looking and well made. So have bought earrings there for my wedding, and am thinking about a kind of feathered headband for after I take off my veil. I found some really pretty earrings for my Mum too. The other great thing about etsy is that if you don't find what you are looking for, you can invite artists to bid on the project and have something totally made to your specifications. I like supporting artisans in this way too:)

I (L) (L) (L) Etsy as well! There are so many amazing things -- I am constantly impressed with the creativity I see. I hope to start selling things on there by the end of the year! :)

Timeline

These are great ideas (for Liz, for Liz!) (ok, for me too) you guys!

And Cassie, what kinds of things do you make?!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

you can invite artists to bid on the project and have something totally made to your specifications. I like supporting artisans in this way too:)

REALLY???

where do you do that on etsy???

that's crazy!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline
These are great ideas (for Liz, for Liz!) (ok, for me too) you guys!

And Cassie, what kinds of things do you make?!

Well........... :whistle:

I make marbleized notecards and bookmarks, and looking to make scrapbooking accents (hearts, stars, etc) out of marbleized paper. I am also thinking about doing larger pieces for framing.

I love making all kinds of Christmas ornaments.

I also do some handspinning and knitting.

I am growing lavender this year and looking to figure out what to do with my bumper crop!

And last but not least, I am looking into putting some of my cross stitch design ideas down on paper.

So.....my problem is deciding what I am going to focus on! :D But my goal is to get some things for sale on etsy by the end of the year. :)