8 posts in this topic

I don't even know what to say :crying: Ummmmmmmmmm

Our story applyed at the Delhi USCIS office late january 2007.

My wife had her interview on April fourth. Visa not issued. Took finger prints and Visa Fee. Was told to submit a list of things

1) Additional prroof of relationship, includind but not limited to:itemzed phone bills, Emails, Postmarked letters or card.

2) list of 20 marriage ceremony guests, their relationship to you, their adresses and phone numbers. please do not include immediate relatives.

3) list of vendors and contact information from your marriage ceremony. Also submit catering bills anb bill from hall, ect

4) Photographs of you and the petitionar before , during and after marriage

5) Notarized passport copies showing petitioner's travel to india.

6) Family trees from the beneficiary and petitioner back to there paternal and maternal grandparents. pls incluse all aunts, uncles. and cousins and their contact details.

She submitted everything on April 11th at her local VFS Plus her passport as instructed.

She got a letter back on April 22nd with her passport Via the VFS office Letter stated Visa will not be issued yet :( and our case is under Additional review. When the review is complete they will contact us to submitt her passport again then they will send it back with the Visa.

I called the Delhi Embassy to ask what was going on. Was told case in AP and given a E-mial address to get any further info. Choose not to E-mail.

I contacted my congressman's office on May 10th Only because my wife is due to have OUR FIRST CHILD in JULY :D and I was hopeing she chould be here in time for that. Congressman's office did inqury but really not much help.

I went into sad mode but put up the happy hopefull face for my wife over the Phone. I want her to happy and hopefull as possible. But she to is scared as she lives in on a farm with her parents rite now and would like to have Access to a good hospital when the baby comes PREFERRABLY HERE IN THE US where I have paying for her health insurence since NOVEMBER OF 2007 ahhhhhhhhhhhh so frustarting.

I contacted the State Department number here the 202-663-1225 and spoke with someone she was nice. Found out our case is still in review Its Not under any Securtiy cheacks and is being worked on at The Delhi office and not State Side.

Man if she not approved by June 5, I will have to go back to India For 2 months Lucky the Firm I work for is really nice and my superviser is very understanding as I have already taken 3 months off from OCT-DEC of last year for the wedding and now will have to again take off July and August to be there for the birth of our beutifull baby (L) But then have to go to Delhi as Report a birth abroad and all that JAZZZZZ (you know what I really want to say) :ranting:

Man this AP thing could have cost me my Job Our insurence my Tenure with My Firm I mean really this is carzy.

If her securty clearence is Fine then what the Hell.

The only thing that is technically an issue but not really cuz it happens all the Friggin time is yess I was married before to a girl From india In 1999 Divorced in 2002. I have given them my Divorce certifacte Wich is From U.S.

ANY INSITE THOUGHTS anything you guys would be deeply appericated.

Good luck to everyone I know God is watching over us All :D

Edited by Aman Ram

Hello,

I completely understand what you are going through. In my case my husband too was turned down MULTIPLE times - his was due to security checks and still is going on, I am going on since september 2007 with AP and it definately is a frustrating matter.

Ok - from what I am hearing, it is solely on relationship validity now - and this is better than having security checks along with it.

There are a few positives about your case - first of all, the relationship is obviously strong and you have much proof, the upcoming angel from God is one of them! (Congratulations)

Next we have the fact that they did NOT send the case back to the US for that LONG BAD AP. Your case seems to be floating around in the embassy going under review and such. This is understandable, they are checking on your past marriage and making sure everything is genuine here.

I seriously would not worry, and mostly what happens is their taking time makes us worry more and makes us wonder whats going on, why are they so particular about our cases, etc. I'll tell that as my husband is from the neighboring country of Bangladesh, these two countries have such a high volume of petitions its unimaginable and sometimes the wait is just to give THEM time. Why I know this? Unfortunatly when a family I know had immigrated here they were told they would need to have some "additional review" and then issued the visas the next week. They basically anticipated a long time to process them so they just put in the name of AP to buy them time.

I understand her pregnancy is causing you much unrest, you are a good man to be concerned and doing all you can to push this case forward. No, inquiring congressmen and getting their involvement does not do anything - I have not contacted them for that sole reason. Sometimes the case gets completed by the time people contact them-so its looks like it works. The main people here are the embassy, the consulate who took her interview, and most importantly - God. I BELIEVE you will receive you wife very soon. Let them look over the papers submitted, AP and AR are used interchagably so you should not worry as DOS confirmed you that it is NOT security checks, review usually does not take too long.

They may issue the visa very soon, just tell your wife to keep her peaceful state in this excruciatingly hard time and she will join you soon.

Please call DOS weekly, and see what happens. I was disheartened for a while to even call but I know they will know when the visa will be issued and that will be an amazing day.

I really do not think your wait will be long, remember the biggest plus side you have is she is female and is expecting, they know all this and if it is not n issue of name checks, everything looks very good.

My prayers to you,

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i will add u to my prayers and congratulations on the baby........ap i think is different than security check so that is kind of a plus side because security checks can take for ever as we have found out.........i dont know much about this cuz we have not made the interview part yet but wouldnt the birth of the baby proof relationship? or am i just dreaming that our government is not near as dense as it appears to be when it come to legal honest immigration?

Sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I hope everything works out and congrats for the baby that's on it's way!

blackribbonsmall.png

I-130 Petition

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

Married in Germany : 10-19-2007

I-130 Sent : 01-03-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-07-2008

I-130 NOA2 : 04-28-2008

NVC Case Number Assigned : 05-02-2008

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Received from NVC: 05-17-2008

DS-3032 Choice of Agent Emailed to NVC: 05-17-2008

AOS Fee Paid Online: 05-19-2008 (PAID 05-20-2008)

AOS Sent To NVC: 05-27-2008 (Coversheet printed online)

DS-3032 accepted by NVC: 05-27-2008

I-864 Arrived at NVC: 05-28-2008

I-864 Entered into NVC System: 06-02-2008

IV Bill Received: 06-02-2008

IV Bill Paid: 06-03-2008

DS-230 sent to NVC via USPS Express Mail: 06-26-2008

DS-230 arrived at the NVC: 06-27-2008

DS-230 entered into system: 06-30-2008

Case Completed at NVC: 07-07-2008

Case Left the NVC for Frankfurt, Germany: 07-15-2008

Case Received at the Consulate: 07-17-2008

Interview Letter Received: 07-25-2008

Medical Appointment in Hamburg, Germany: 08-04-2008

Interview in Frankfurt, Germany at 8:00am: 08-13-2008 - APPROVED - VISA GRANTED

Visa Received in the Mail: 08-15-2008

Flight to the USA: 09-26-2008 (POE - LAX @ 3:40pm)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It will happen for you.

I read your post hoping that it would cheer me up, and it has. Your almost at the end and we are just starting! And I know we will need lots of :help:

Edited by JJ'sinlove

It's going to be a long journey, but as long as we got each other we will get there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.