8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello

I have my interview in few days and i am in kind of problem.

We dont have an engagement cermony album.Basically, parents of both of us have met my fiance would come soem time later and then we have this small party and then i will go to US.I have known my fiance for 8 years and we have been meeting ,the last meetign was like few days back

1.Do you think not having engagement pictures would be a problem??I have my interview in new delhi,india

2.Also, we decided to go for K1 visa as it is quicker,no other reason.Will it be ok if i say this if i m asked why k1 and not k3 duing my interview

Please reply

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello

I have my interview in few days and i am in kind of problem.

We dont have an engagement cermony album.Basically, parents of both of us have met my fiance would come soem time later and then we have this small party and then i will go to US.I have known my fiance for 8 years and we have been meeting ,the last meetign was like few days back

1.Do you think not having engagement pictures would be a problem??I have my interview in new delhi,india

2.Also, we decided to go for K1 visa as it is quicker,no other reason.Will it be ok if i say this if i m asked why k1 and not k3 duing my interview

Please reply

Thanks

1. Engagement pictures are nice but not required.

2. You decided to go with K1 because you aren't married. If the question you're worried about is "Why did you decided to marry in the USA instead of in India?" just tell them your reason(s). It's a perfectly viable option and they will have interviewed multiple K1 applicants every day giving similar reasons, if asked.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My K1 visa will expire on 31st decemebr and i m plannign to go to US on 15th December.

do you already have visa or not as u posted few days ago

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Do not take engagement pictures to New Delhi - people have been denied because the ceremony looks like a marriage ceremony. You are not trying to prove you are engaged - you are actually trying to stay away from any hint that you 'might' be married - the distinction is the K1 visa is for people not married and K3 for married people. Keep that in mind. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline
Do not take engagement pictures to New Delhi - people have been denied because the ceremony looks like a marriage ceremony. You are not trying to prove you are engaged - you are actually trying to stay away from any hint that you 'might' be married - the distinction is the K1 visa is for people not married and K3 for married people. Keep that in mind. Good Luck

Oh ok..will they not say then then how u r engaged..in our terms it is just that we have decided to marry....so shd i say we will have engagememnt function later or shd i just say that i will go to US.

Also, i just have pictures of us together,the recent ones..not with his family etc..

is that all ok

please advise..

Being engaged does not mean that one had an engagement party to be officially engaged.

Being engaged simply means, one of the people in the relationship asked the other one to marry them. End of story.

I would not show any pictures of any type of "ceremony" to the officers at your interview.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Being engaged does not mean that one had an engagement party to be officially engaged.

Being engaged simply means, one of the people in the relationship asked the other one to marry them. End of story.

I would not show any pictures of any type of "ceremony" to the officers at your interview.

Well, it takes an agreement from the asked party, not just a proposal but being engaged need not be more than an agreement between two people. Your signed letters of intent are the only evidence of engagement you need.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Well, it takes an agreement from the asked party, not just a proposal but being engaged need not be more than an agreement between two people. Your signed letters of intent are the only evidence of engagement you need.

Should I get a fresh signed and notarized letter of intent from my fiance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.