Congratulations!

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Your interview was very interesting...good and quick thinking on the answer to the last question you were asked....good luck in all your future endeavors! :star:

Edited by K&A

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Congratulations!!! (F)

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Super yay! So glad for you both!

Whoo hoo! :dance:

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I would like to thank the VJ community for all the support it provided to us throughout this process. I would also like to apologize for the length of this post, as it is a couple of things in one.

I am happy to announce that after a successful interview on Friday, we just picked up our visa today from DHL. My fiancee already has a flight scheduled for June 1st, so she will be with me in less than a week :dance: I am so excited, but I have also begun to calm down tremendously. One could never predict the emotional roller coaster that accompanies this process. It is so, unpredictable, and actaully hazardous to one's mental and physical being, I think. I am much calmer than I have been in a long long time, and just looking forward to the start of our new life together.

Now as for the interview, it was hilarious and humbling.

Our interview was at 8:15AM on Friday, May 23rd. We got into line at 7:30, and were inside by 7:50am. In the line, a woman was walking around, marking a number on the appointment letters. We were given number 8, although, it seems we were couple/family number 5 going into the interview room. We Have no idea where or what the 8 was for.

We were called up to the first window within 20 minutes, where the clerk asked for photos!! We were like, which photos? Then my fiancee explained that she had form DS-156 with 5cm by 5cm photos pasted on them; to which the clerk said, yes, give me that, and the other copy and passport as well. I have no idea what she would have wanted to do with 5cm by 5cm photos by themselves; we had planned to be asked for the forms first, then the photos, so it seemed a bit strange and confusing to be asked for photos as the very first thing.

We go sit and wait for probably an hour. Then we are called up to the same window again. This time, she wants the DS-156K, and the affidavit of support. Then she asked my fiancee her name. She asked her how is it possible that we know each other, then asked, given that she doesn't speak english, how do we communicate, to which I answered in castellano. She asked me where I learned castellano (in Peru). Then she told us to wait to be called to room 15.

We sat back down. We chit chatted, we held hands, we were nervous, palms sweating, at some point I thought my fiancee was holding my hand too much, or being too lovey dovey, and that made me even more nervous, but then I realized she was probably more nervous than me, e.t.c, e.t.c, e.t.c. It was so nerv-wracking, not knowing how to be, what to do or what not to do. In the end, you realize you just be, and let things take their course. So then I relaxed, and then I felt my fiancee relax as well.

It seemed as if the moment we started relaxing more is when we got called to room15. This was about an hour and a half after the last call. We went into room 15, greeted the cconsular officer (a lady in her late 30's or mid 40's) and sat down.

- Are you the petitioner? 'Yes I am'

- May I see your passport? (handed over passport)

- It looks like you traveled to Chile and Ecuador alot? (in Spanish; I have more Peruvian stamps though) 'I needed to, in order to renew my visa in Peru' (I responded in Spanish)

- You know that we can speak in English, right? 'Yes, but you asked me a question in Spanish'.

- Have you ever been married? Do you have any children? 'No' (in English)

- How do you know each other? (To fiancee, in spanish)

- Have you ever been married? Do you have any children? (To fiancee, in spanish. Types something into the computer)

- (Turns to me, still typing) So this IS your first marriage then? 'Yes. ' I realized what was happening, and a couple of seconds later, I added 'It WILL be'

The last two answers I gave might have made the difference between denial and approval, I don't know, and will never know. It was a trick question. It made me sick to my stomach to realize that. She stopped typing, and said; I ask married couples that question, and sometimes I forget that I am interviewing a K-1 visa couple. She then said, "YOU ARE APPROVED, good luck and have a nice life in America" :dance:

They didn't ask for emails, phone records, photos of us together, letters, nothing. It seemed in our case, what they had on file was enough. My fiancee was asked the 3 questions, and that was it. I was asked more questions, than her.

We were in that room maybe 7 minutes. The entire time we were asked questions, the consular officer was leafing through our I129F package, which had a big red stamp at the upper right corner saying "APPROVED" on it from USCIS.

So, when you go as the USC, make sure you don't fall for the trick questions and jeopardize the interview for your SO!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbs:

I must say that CO was asking ME as well more question then my husband, and also he was trying to be funny, telling to my husband on Spanish that his visa was approved, but coz I dont speak Spanish at all and was curious what he had been saying to my husband, CO turned to me and said on English my husband visa was rejected. :angry: Thats NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Anyway, Congratulations and happy reunion! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.