April and Mohamed

For MUSLIMS only - hadith, Quran, living the Sunnah, Islamic lifestyle discussion, ask Q's, give advice, stick to the topic!

60 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu everyone,

Here's a specific topic for people genuinely interested in discussing Islamic subjects, discussing cultural habits, furthering their knowledge in the deen, studying Quran and hadith, discussing their experiences as new Muslims or born-Muslims or born Muslims who have renewed their faith after a leave of absence, and for people with a sincere and genuine interest in Islam, and anything else pertaining to Islam and Muslims' way of life and religion. Let's try to stay away from politics unless it has some historical basis, this post isn't to harass people or to go off topic, let's stick to the topic. I seek knowledge from those who are knowledgeable and I would appreciate information to be cited from their true sources (books, websites, etc.) If the sources can't be remembered, that's okay. :star: Please feel free to ask questions, give advice/words of wisdom, and maintain discussions while keeping this a respectful, safe, non-hostile environment, and this topic is for Muslim participants only, for and by Muslims (and those genuinely interested in Islam having already done some studying/research). Thank you.

Baslama w Allah y3onakoum,

April :star:

02/08/2008 - sent I-130

02/11/2008 - I-130 received by USCIS

02/20/2008 - NOA sent

02/26/2008 - Touched!

06/18/2008 - I-130 Approved

07/02/2008 - DS 3032/AOS Bill sent to me

07/18/2008 - Sent payment of AOS Bill

.png

5360730_bodyshot_300x400.gif5482024_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

So I'm interested to know if anyone has come across false hadith before. I was reading a really good essay from a scholar in Lebanon, translated into English of course, and he cited one hadith that had been purposely altered (a part left out) that circulates in many communities. Then he gave the full version of the hadith and it made so much sense and was such a relief. If anyone's interested I'll post it next time.

02/08/2008 - sent I-130

02/20/2008 - NOA sent

02/26/2008 - Touched!

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this might get more play in mena....or do you want it left in ot? :whistle:

eta: i see this was in mena, i don't know who moved it to ot but i'm moving it back.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

eta: i see this was in mena, i don't know who moved it to ot but i'm moving it back.

Yeah I don't know who moved it or even how to move it! :star:

02/08/2008 - sent I-130

02/20/2008 - NOA sent

02/26/2008 - Touched!

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
So I'm interested to know if anyone has come across false hadith before. I was reading a really good essay from a scholar in Lebanon, translated into English of course, and he cited one hadith that had been purposely altered (a part left out) that circulates in many communities. Then he gave the full version of the hadith and it made so much sense and was such a relief. If anyone's interested I'll post it next time.

hi, yes i would be very interested in seeing this....... :)

Timeline

Yeah I don't know who moved it or even how to move it! :star:

only organizers/admin/mods can move threads.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

I moved it because it is not MENA related. There are more Muslims OUT of the Middle East, than in. Why would an obviously religious based thread belong in MENA anyway? Many of our MENA members are Christian and Jewish. Why not let the Off Topic crowd participate?

Jackie

Timeline
I moved it because it is not MENA related. There are more Muslims OUT of the Middle East, than in. Why would an obviously religious based thread belong in MENA anyway? Many of our MENA members are Christian and Jewish. Why not let the Off Topic crowd participate?

Jackie

That sounds fine with me, I just put it in MENA because I thought the participants of the other "Muslims" topic might want to participate here too and might not know where to find it, but wherever you think it should go is cool with me, the more the merrier.

02/08/2008 - sent I-130

02/20/2008 - NOA sent

02/26/2008 - Touched!

.png

Timeline

but how many understand what this means? :P

Salam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu everyone, Baslama w Allah y3onakoum,

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Hey Estadia,

So I can't find the book I read it in but I looked it up on the internet and it's cited also as being an altered hadith. I'll paraphrase then copy and paste the portion of the website I found it at, and I'll give you the address. It's a very interesting essay, especially on the part of being "obedient" to one's husband, because I thought we were supposed to be obedient to Allah. (?) That obedient part is the very last part. ANYWAYS sorry for the tangent, the false hadith is that women and dogs and donkeys break prayer if they walk in front of the believer, and there are many versions of this false hadith too, and what the Prophet (saws) really said was that back in the day the Jews would say that 3 things bring bad luck, the house, women and horses, and that the Prophet disapproved of this way of thinking. So what people changed it to was they left out the part of the Prophet saying that it was the Jews who said that and that he didn't like them saying that. Interesting huh? Here's the copy and paste from this site:

http://www.islamawareness.net/Asia/Pakistan/position.html

In Islam, women scholars question the validity of some ahadith which are used in law and reinforce misogyny. One example of this has been identified in Mernissi's book, The Veil and the Male Elite (2003), she reiterates what the prophet supposedly said. ''The dog, the ###, and woman interrupt prayer if they pass in front of a believer, interposing themselves between him and the qibla'' (Mernissi 2003: 64). Firstly this hadith is not in line with Islamic teachings because Islam is opposed to superstition. Subsequent to re-investigating this hadith and re-examining historical scholarship, the Hadith was found to be incompatible with Islamic principles.

The correct version of that hadith according to the Islamic tradition is as follows: ''May Allah refute the Jews; they say three things bring bad luck: house, woman, and horse'' (Mernissi 2003:76). Muslim women scholars aim to find the correct interpretations of verses and ahadith which affect women. In doing so, they present Islam as it is in the Qur'an and Sunnah without male biases. Their approach is also based on detailed historical research of the contexts and the reasons [asbab anuzul] for each revelation; in reverence of the text and whilst maintaining their strong faith in God.

02/08/2008 - sent I-130

02/20/2008 - NOA sent

02/26/2008 - Touched!

.png

Timeline

Hey Estadia,

So I can't find the book I read it in but I looked it up on the internet and it's cited also as being an altered hadith. I'll paraphrase then copy and paste the portion of the website I found it at, and I'll give you the address. It's a very interesting essay, especially on the part of being "obedient" to one's husband, because I thought we were supposed to be obedient to Allah. (?) That obedient part is the very last part. ANYWAYS sorry for the tangent, the false hadith is that women and dogs and donkeys break prayer if they walk in front of the believer, and there are many versions of this false hadith too, and what the Prophet (saws) really said was that back in the day the Jews would say that 3 things bring bad luck, the house, women and horses, and that the Prophet disapproved of this way of thinking. So what people changed it to was they left out the part of the Prophet saying that it was the Jews who said that and that he didn't like them saying that. Interesting huh? Here's the copy and paste from this site:

In Islam, women scholars question the validity of some ahadith which are used in law and reinforce misogyny. One example of this has been identified in Mernissi's book, The Veil and the Male Elite (2003), she reiterates what the prophet supposedly said. ''The dog, the ###, and woman interrupt prayer if they pass in front of a believer, interposing themselves between him and the qibla'' (Mernissi 2003: 64). Firstly this hadith is not in line with Islamic teachings because Islam is opposed to superstition. Subsequent to re-investigating this hadith and re-examining historical scholarship, the Hadith was found to be incompatible with Islamic principles.

The correct version of that hadith according to the Islamic tradition is as follows: ''May Allah refute the Jews; they say three things bring bad luck: house, woman, and horse'' (Mernissi 2003:76). Muslim women scholars aim to find the correct interpretations of verses and ahadith which affect women. In doing so, they present Islam as it is in the Qur'an and Sunnah without male biases. Their approach is also based on detailed historical research of the contexts and the reasons [asbab anuzul] for each revelation; in reverence of the text and whilst maintaining their strong faith in God.

I am happy to be apart of this thread as well... sign me up. I think mine got wayyyyy off topic. Sorry :crying:

Timeline

(I am happy to be apart of this thread as well... sign me up. I think mine got wayyyyy off topic. Sorry :crying:)

:whistle: yeah that happens sometimes.....normally i ignore and try to bring it back to topic ......but that dont always work.....

Timeline

Hey Estadia,

i have heard that one before and unfortunately there are many that believe it.......and it is when things like this happen that has been the seed that starts male biases :whistle: of course there are other things as well .lol but this is a good example of misinformation that is published..........

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
''The dog, the ###, and woman interrupt prayer if they pass in front of a believer, interposing themselves between him and the qibla'' (Mernissi 2003: 64).

What about the other sahih ahadeeth that confirm a woman, donkey or black dog (not any dog) invalidates the prayer if they pass in front of the sutra?

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

''The dog, the ###, and woman interrupt prayer if they pass in front of a believer, interposing themselves between him and the qibla'' (Mernissi 2003: 64).

What about the other sahih ahadeeth that confirm a woman, donkey or black dog (not any dog) invalidates the prayer if they pass in front of the sutra?

it's been my understanding that this one from bukhari is held to be more authentic and provides clarity.

Volume 1, Book 9, Number 493:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The things which annul prayer were mentioned before me (and those were): a dog, a donkey and a woman. I said, "You have compared us (women) to donkeys and dogs. By Allah! I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in (my) bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I disliked to sit and trouble the Prophet. So, I would slip away by the side of his feet."

490, 491, 492, and 494 all pretty much say the same as well.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.