Nasturtium

Curious MENA question...

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi! Now hopefully we can get in a few good replies and this won't go south...

I know some people on here are more or less agnostic or atheist. I was curious as to if you sort of keep this to yourselves when you meet your MENA spouse's family, if they know, or if even your spouse knows...

Obviously many MENA people are Muslim, several are Christian or Jewish so it would sometimes be an issue with some families, same as it can be an issue with families here, but I was considering the married to a Muslim aspect of it. Some people really don't care one way or the other. That's their business.

If anyone has an experience they would like to share, I would love to hear it. Otherwise, thanks for reading and good luck in your journey :)

This is where Peezey should be dropping in... she's an outspoken atheist. :whistle:

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

No guts. No glory. No problem.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I must admit, when I first read the heading to this thread, and a few of the posts, I thought we were heading for a train wreck. I am happy to see that so far the thread has been relatively informative and uneventful as far as drama goes.

I don't have much to add since I don't qualify from the original question sorry.

I am more of what you call a free thinker

And us religious folk are a bunch of lug heads? :blink:

Scientists can be, and frequently are, wrong!

Islam is also very patient and understanding... Only God can truly be the judge of what is acceptable and not. Discouraged is a better word

No, the Quran is quite clear that only chaste women from the ppl of the book are halal for muslim men to marry (other than muslim women of course).

So pretty much everyone on VJ-MENA were not an acceptable mate to marry their Muslim husbands! :whistle:

Unchaste Muslims are not allowed to marry from among chaste Muslims, but are directed to marry other unchaste Muslims non-Muslims. The unchaste cannot marry from among the chaste. "Chastity" is not a term limited to virgins, but also includes those who have only had sexual relations within the bounds of marriage, and whose marriage(s) have ended by valid divorce or death.

Thanks VW for this post. I know a butt load of Muslim here that are roaming the state raping, pillaging, drugs, drinking, smoking, etc....basically bad apples that claim to be Muslim. They state that when they are ready they are going back to their country to find a wife that deserves them. I always wondered what that means..."a wife that deserves them"? What nice good Muslim woman deserves a husband like that? Now I see the joke is really on them! I honestly hope none of the good Muslim women end up marrying these horrible men.

Sorry to take it off topic, but I felt the need to comment.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Ok, this is what I believe in, maybe you won't think of me as an evil person :devil:

:ot:

I hope you were joking, G-Girl. But for the record, I never once thought of you as an 'evil person'.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Thanks sweetie, I know you are sane thinking, just some might think I am some kind of witch, but really I am very gentle person, except when it comes to spiders and some bugs. But other than that I am all about peace, the only war we need in this world is against ugly spiders and bugs.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline
Thanks sweetie, I know you are sane thinking, just some might think I am some kind of witch, but really I am very gentle person, except when it comes to spiders and some bugs. But other than that I am all about peace, the only war we need in this world is against ugly spiders and bugs.

B)

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

get a cat :thumbs:

and btw, you're not gentle....just watch this:

GEORGE W. BUSH!

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I noticed in Atheists (here face to face everyday in university) they don't have a sense of boundaries, they curse like heck, live in what I would consider sin, and curse God in front of those who do believe there is a God and I think because they don't fear for their death anymore. I think they are like that because they have lost faith in PEOPLE which it's not wise to keep faith in PEOPLE they will always let you down no matter what. God is who you shouldn't lose faith in. Day after day you are fed, clothed, we've been asked why we worry about tomorrow when it's in his hands.

Stoning/murders/beatings happening in ME/NA, USA or wherever it's because of people think themselves to be God and think they are making the world a better place in their minds. No human has the right to take the life of another only God the creator can do that. I don't accept that argument that God just lets things happen to break families. If you didn't go through hardship and got everything perfect and wonderful what kind of person would you be today? Paris Hilton?! I think personally if we did not go through all that we go through today we wouldn't learn how to go through life. We wouldn't obtain respect, moral, given honor after doing something good after going through such a hard time. Rewards would be useless if everything was perfect. When it's time for someone to go back to God it's his time no matter how he dies.

Majority of my spouse's and my family is Muslim. I'm Christian and didn't partake in any premarital affairs here in USA or back home it's just a personal/religious thing for me. My spouse wouldn't have married me if I had any affairs before marriage nor would I have married him if he did. His family wouldn't have accepted it nor My. Being Christian they accepted me openly I guess it has to do with family ties going back down the line/keeping myself pure before marriage and they DO know I converted to Christianity before we got engaged. My spouse cares I'm Christian to an extent he will respect me extra never to offend me when he talks about Islam and he listens whenever I talk about the Gospel and I'm interested to understand what he feels about the Quran time to time. We've honestly never argued over Christianity vs Islam b/c the basis and ways of life are exactly the same. We all (our families and us) As long as we both follow in God's path what bad can come in an interfaith marriage? Christians in Arab countries still say Salaam Alaykum and wording as Isa Al Masih Jesus is the Messiah they respect the Injil (bible) we wrap it in expensive delicate cloth as you have to respect the Quran/Torah. We know Shaytan and Shirk. The Tawheed in Christianity is easily similar to Islam but it's not brought up often. I think that's where differences comes in besides Muhammad.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

I must admit, when I first read the heading to this thread, and a few of the posts, I thought we were heading for a train wreck. I am happy to see that so far the thread has been relatively informative and uneventful as far as drama goes.

I don't have much to add since I don't qualify from the original question sorry.

I am more of what you call a free thinker

And us religious folk are a bunch of lug heads? :blink:

Scientists can be, and frequently are, wrong!

Islam is also very patient and understanding... Only God can truly be the judge of what is acceptable and not. Discouraged is a better word

No, the Quran is quite clear that only chaste women from the ppl of the book are halal for muslim men to marry (other than muslim women of course).

So pretty much everyone on VJ-MENA were not an acceptable mate to marry their Muslim husbands! :whistle:

Unchaste Muslims are not allowed to marry from among chaste Muslims, but are directed to marry other unchaste Muslims non-Muslims. The unchaste cannot marry from among the chaste. "Chastity" is not a term limited to virgins, but also includes those who have only had sexual relations within the bounds of marriage, and whose marriage(s) have ended by valid divorce or death.

Thanks VW for this post. I know a butt load of Muslim here that are roaming the state raping, pillaging, drugs, drinking, smoking, etc....basically bad apples that claim to be Muslim. They state that when they are ready they are going back to their country to find a wife that deserves them. I always wondered what that means..."a wife that deserves them"? What nice good Muslim woman deserves a husband like that? Now I see the joke is really on them! I honestly hope none of the good Muslim women end up marrying these horrible men.

Sorry to take it off topic, but I felt the need to comment.

I'm with you on that :thumbs:

I think if you've had more experiences you're on a different learning level vs someone who hasn't gone through that yet. Personally I think wife and husband go through life better when on the same page. :thumbs: It' avoids fights in my opinion

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Timeline
Oh yeah fukcing hilarious

oh right, you're not renowned for a sense of humor anyways :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

get a cat :thumbs:

and btw, you're not gentle....just watch this:

GEORGE W. BUSH!

That works for a lot of us Charles. :bonk:

I noticed in Atheists (here face to face everyday in university) they don't have a sense of boundaries, they curse like heck, live in what I would consider sin, and curse God in front of those who do believe there is a God and I think because they don't fear for their death anymore. I think they are like that because they have lost faith in PEOPLE which it's not wise to keep faith in PEOPLE they will always let you down no matter what. God is who you shouldn't lose faith in. Day after day you are fed, clothed, we've been asked why we worry about tomorrow when it's in his hands.

:pop:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.