mellowmike05

Thai Translations-are they need for K-1

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do the Thai Fiance' orginal documents for name change and proof of being single and proof of address need to be translated into english? I think only the document for name change needs to be submitted with the I-129F/g325a but it doesnt state if the document needs to be translated.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Do the Thai Fiance' orginal documents for name change and proof of being single and proof of address need to be translated into english? I think only the document for name change needs to be submitted with the I-129F/g325a but it doesnt state if the document needs to be translated.

Any document submitted with the petition that is not in English, must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

I-129F General filing instructions section 2. d.

Translations. Any foreign language document must be accompanied by a full English translation that the translator has certified as complete and correct, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate the foreign language into English.

As you embark on this journey it is going to be critical that you carefully study all the instructions that come with each form, as well as the step by step guides here on VJ. Failure to do so has the potential to impact your future happiness in ways you don't even want to imagine.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The Thai embassy requires any document not in Thai or English to be translated to English. We have taken the precaution to translate all docs to English anyway since they will need to be in English to adjust status later in the states. Here's a link to the Thai embassy site with instructions that should help you out. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_vis...structions.html

Also get yourself on the Thailand forum, search for SAWASDEE2, this will help you out as all of us are bringing in Thai finacee's therefore you will find more direct answers relating specifically to Thailand as each country varies in procedure. I recommend posting any Thai specific questions there first, everyone is quite helpful on there.

Good luck!

Timeline

The Thai embassy requires any document not in Thai or English to be translated to English. We have taken the precaution to translate all docs to English anyway since they will need to be in English to adjust status later in the states. Here's a link to the Thai embassy site with instructions that should help you out. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_vis...structions.html

Also get yourself on the Thailand forum, search for SAWASDEE2, this will help you out as all of us are bringing in Thai finacee's therefore you will find more direct answers relating specifically to Thailand as each country varies in procedure. I recommend posting any Thai specific questions there first, everyone is quite helpful on there.

Good luck!

Remember, the USCIS requirements are different from those of the Consulates with regard to translated documents.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

By certified what exactly does that mean? If Tik is completely fluent in English and Thai couldn't she swear that the translation is correct if she did it herself?

I'm sure this is probably not the case, so how do you know if someone is certified? What institution must certify them to translate?

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

Timeline
By certified what exactly does that mean? If Tik is completely fluent in English and Thai couldn't she swear that the translation is correct if she did it herself?

I'm sure this is probably not the case, so how do you know if someone is certified? What institution must certify them to translate?

For USCIS, she could translate documents and follow their instructions for how to do so. For the Consulate, you need a specific answer as to what they expect. For official document, I'd use the Consulate's expectations for all.

For instance, the Guangzhou Consulate only accepts translations of Police Reports, divorce decrees, birth certificates etc. when provided by the local County Notarial Office (Gong Zheng Chu). You need to know what is acceptable to the Consulate you'll deal with.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks. She already has her K-1 Visa so right now we just need to do the translation of her birth certificate for AOS. That's USCIS, right?

To help out the OP having the documents in Thai seemed to work fine for this consulate.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

Timeline
Thanks. She already has her K-1 Visa so right now we just need to do the translation of her birth certificate for AOS. That's USCIS, right?

Right.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Good luck!

Timeline

Good luck!

Remember, the USCIS requirements are different from those of the Consulates with regard to translated documents.

I have done a number of searches and can not find sawasdee2 is it on this website--cant figure my way around here yet. any advice?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.