iwish

I am scared..stressed..depressed...

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello fellow vjs,

This is just a vent. I already have an account here with a timeline and everything. But I just wanna vent out with this new nick because I dont feel comfortable using my old. I hope all of you will understand.

So far everything went smooth for us; handling the petition, approved, getting packet 3 and 4, medical and now the final part is the interview which gonna be somewhere next week.

I have a a sudden "panic attack" and I just dont know how to deal with it. The more I prepared stuff, the more I feel I am not ready and my mind been thinking like non-stop of the possible visa denial. And even worse I am afraid if my medical report will turn out to be something bad....like hidden deseases I never knew.... you know all sort of visal denial possibilities.

This happened after the medical when the doc asked me alot of questions on my childhood athma. I just told her it was just a regular athma and never been hospitalized nor using inhaler.... and after that they said they gonna send the report directly to embassy, not for me to pick it up. So i guess i am getting all paranoid and stuff...like maybe they discover something and dont wanan tell me and just wait for the consulate to tell me? ( damn I need to stop thinking this way...)

Im sorry im just so stress with the upcoming interview..... if i didnt get the visa...I just dont know wat else to do because we have been seperated for 7 years.

Sometime I am just mad with this immigration process....... I am more depress before I started this whole thing. Yes my fiance knew about this and ask me not to worry.... but I cant help it.

Sorry for the vent I just need to let it out somehwere..... :(

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I understand about the stress....the scared feeling...even though I am the USC I went through some strong feelings myself just before my fiancé's interview last week. The asthma thing...there really isn't anything to worry about. They know there are health issues like this. I'm sure there are others who have asthma as well and have not been denied their visas. It's easy for me to tell you NOT to worry...but seriously, there isnt anything to worry about where that is concerned. Also, if the medical turned up any hidden diseases, don't you think the dr would have told you already? :)

You're lucky that you don't need an inhaler....sigh....I have asthma and I have two inhalers I have to use. Ick!

Seriously....you're going to be just fine!!!! :luv:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Awwwwwww you poor ####### *biggest hugs*

I think many of us go through what you are going through....some just more then others. Ive been stressing to the max the past weeks since I got my interview date.....having nightmares about it....and Im usually so cool calm and collected lol You are going to be just fine :thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Understand the stress, but why stress about it? It will only make you feel worse.

You will get the visa or you won't. Those are the bare facts.

If you get it, wonderful! But IF you didn't you will still have options and choices - a visa denial doesn't mean the end of everything.

What you must think about is how likely is it you will get denied after all the paperwork has so far been approved?

Also its kinda hard to say 'don't stress cos you're going thru X embassy and they are really good' when I dont know what that embassy is!! :)

Hidden diseases, well they are only worried about HIV STDs or something catching as far as visa denial goes aren't they? OK so it would SUCK if you had something else (and how likely is THAT? really?) - but stress won't help ease your health for sure!

*hugs* whoever you are..I'm sure you will look back on this one day and kick yourself for all this worrying.

(F)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think we have all felt what you are saying. INS can be intimidating the whole process can be. It is a huge load to carry all the way to the end too. Your fate is always in the hands of someone else. Your totally ok to feel overwhelmed. I pray all goes well for you, I know it is easy to say don't worry and I would not say that. Hang in there soon you will be over another hurdle and cab breath easier.

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. Dunno what to say except that please!! don't feel alone..as Aussie just illustrated and I can personally attest to..no matter HOW airtight the case seems to be, most of us get these feelings soon before the interview...it's perfectly normal to be worried when you love someone so much ...you stress out on every single possibility you might not be together. In our case, I was worried,but Craig was the more stressed of us both(I figured he would be fine) until the day before and OF the inteview that is!! Then he was steady as arock and I was a complete basket case..some of you may remember my mad rantings in OT on that night!!! ;) You'll be ok...it's just a very stressful process...take heart that it's almost over for you nd those 7 years are going to vanish nearly overnight...!!!! Biggest hugs and all the best wishes to you...hope you feel better about things soon..we're here for ya!! M. (F)

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Warm milk, meditation, hot soup (or broth), walks through a city park (or just down the road even), deep breaths, talks with friends and family, calming music, a darned good romance novel...There are many, many ways to either calm your stress or distract yourself from it so that you can face it with a clearer head, darlin. Best of luck to you, sweety, and keep that chin up. You're THIS far. :D

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Awwww, I'm SO NERVOUS about my fiance's interview (which will be at some point soon, I hope) and even about his medical even though I consciously know he's healthy. But you shouldn't worry about having had asthma as a child, because that's such a common condition and it's not a serious pandemic-causing malady lol. Also, like some others said, if you were actually very sick, I think the doctor would have told you during the appointment or at least called you directly later on -- I really don't think the consular officer will be all "Surprise! You have leprosy!" :no: lol. Just try and think positively! You're sooooooo close and you're going to get the visa! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And one more thing, the doctor usually sends the medical results directly to the consulate, so that is nothing to worry about.

Keep your chin up!!

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

Thank you so much for all the post...I really really appreciate it.... guys I feel like crying reading all the posts one by one. ...The support from all of you who obviously under the same "waiting" situation like me. :(

It just that sometime there are things ( well in this case my mind ) get out of control and need to let out this feeling inside me. Thank you for all the vjs...

I think i am feeling a lil better after letting this thing out. Thanks again for reading my post. ;)

(F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Im sorry but you dont have your timeline filled in so we dont know whch embassy you are going from - firstly you should do that - and secondly I know how you are feeling about the stress - I too am worried but then again I have a current depression, anxiety problems and the stressing isnt helping me much either but its something we all have to go through to be with our beloveds. calm down dont worry take one day at a time.

L:ina(UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

I gotta share one of my nightmares lol and those that read Off Topic will know what it means. I have been stressing so much and worrying about this and that because up till now nothing has gone wrong but this interview scares me....Ive never cared much for interviews....have not even had many job interviews due to being home with my kids when they were little and now Im a lady of leisure pretty much. Anyway....I went to bed the other night with my mind racing again as it has been doing of late.......the next thing I woke up in a sweat because they denied my visa on the grounds that I was a VJ Ho :crying:

iwish....glad it has helped some getting it out...you really are going to be fine....we all are.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Lorelle!!! :lol: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahah tooooooo funny!!! hahah

Linababe..this is absolutely no offense to you,but in the very first post the OP put that she is already a member here, with a filled in timeline,etc etc so she didn't feel the need to do that again..she just wanted a vent, some support etc...she doesn't really need her timeline for this as she wasn't asking for times,etc... :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

:lol::lol: You dill Wench :lol::lol:

Totally sympathise with the OP. Soooooooo know where you are coming from, went through it recently myself. But in the end it all turned out fantastic and we will be together in less than two weeks. :dance:

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-14-2009 Received I-751 back because they can't read

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

3-17-2009 Received by Vermont

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-2-2009 Received I-751 back AGAIN! Oh and my GC expired today.

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-4-2009 Received by Vermont

4-6-2009 Date of NOA-1 Extension Letter (Rec'd 4/13/09)

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

4-24-2009 Date of Biometrics letter (Rec'd 4/30/09)

5-11-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Louisville.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry to read about your being so stressed out. I think most of us have this happen to us in the journey and have to find other ways to deal with it. I know if I emerged myself into researching about AR/AP and staying busy in other things my mind seemed to handle it better. If I got too much down time I would then have some what ifs come up and I would have depression getting the best of me and then staying ill. Try and stay positive and I will be praying that all goes well.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.