nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

sorry Rajaa.. can't offer you much help in this area.. but i read somewhere too that for K3, the beneficiary must be in the country where the marriage took place..hope somebody can shed more light..

Rajaa,

Here is an excerpt from USCIS website:

"The embassy or consulate where you, the spouse of an American citizen, will apply for a K-3 visa must be in the country where your marriage took place. "

Please see link below for more details:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2993.html

I hope everything works out for you.

thanks guys... i appreciate your help...

Yes, that is correct. Where you live or where you are a citizen does not matter. The paperwork goes to the consulate in the country WHERE THE MARRIAGE TOOK PLACE. so everything will go through the embassy in the country wher you were married. So if he goes to Spain, he will need to travel back for the interview.

My wife is a citizen of Peru, but now lives in Buenos Aires, and we got married there, so we are going through the embassy in Buenos Aires.

There are stories of people in the forums who went somewhere on vacation to get married thinking they would be using the consulate in their country where they lived. Then found out that it was the consulate where the marriage took place. So they had to travel back to the other country for the interview. And as far as I know you cannot get the consulate changed.

I think i understand but I am still happy for him... because he is making a "back up plan" lol. If we're denied he says I'll enjoy Spain more than Morocco...to live lol.

Steve Y Jessica

I noticed your time line was so fast!!! I am happy for you. But wonder why we havent' been touched???? but than again we filed near the end of the month.... i'll hold my breath. :unsure:

Yes, it was much much faster that we had ever imagined. Now we are trying to get all of her documents together, we started trying to get her documents from Peru a couple weeks ago thinking we would be ahead of the game, we weren't expecting a NOA2 until atleast the biginning of July.

Looking at your timeline, I would expect a touch on your I-129F early this week, then in a couple of weeks a touch on both petitions for them putting them together. Then a little while after that touch again, with an NOA2 on both.

There were alot of people who sent in their paperwork to CSC in April to the beginning of May who were getting approved in 3 to 4 weeks. I don't know what was going on at thet time, but it looks like it has slowed just a little. But not much.

I hope soooo.. I agree the CSC was on a roll now they seemed to have slowed again... I wonder if the one person making the difference has called out sick??? lol. :whistle:

Thank you for your positive thoughts... I also read just seeing a touch doesn't mean it's good. I am going with that train of though. Do you think it'll matter that I used two different pics for my husband??? I just thought of that.. one for our CR1 and one for our I 129f????

Actually, that is how it looks. There is one person doing most of the work, and now that person is on vacation. Because the approvals were being cranked out very fast for a while. But that person should be back from vacation soon and things will pick up.

Or maybe there were some new people working their buts off. But then when the other workers saw what they were doing, they told them to slow down because they were making the rest of the people look bad. :lol:

But the times that we see on this website are only people on VJ. And only the people that fill out their timelines.

4-29-08 - Mailed I-130 & I-129F together to CSC

CSC

I-130 I-129F

5-01-08 - NOA1 5-02-08 - NOA1

5-04-08 - Touched 5-06-08 - Touched

5-05-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail 5-08-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail

5-14-08 - Touched 5-14-08 - Touched

5-20-08 - Touched

5-29-08 - NOA2................................5-29-08 - NOA2

5-30-08 - Touched............................5-30-08 - Touched

6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy..........6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy

NVC

6-05-08 - NVC rcvd, new # & IIN.......6-04-08 - NVC rcvd, new #

6-15-08 - NVC invoiced AOS..............6-09-08 - Shipped DHL to Bs. As.

6-15-08 - Paid AOS online..................6-11-08 - Dlvd to Embassy

6-15-08 - Sent DS-3032 email...........6-17-08 - Received e-mail Packet 3

6-17-08 - AOS shows PAID!!!............6-25-08 - Turnned in Packet 3

6-17-08 - Sent AOS pkg Fed Ex.........7-11-08 - Medical

6-23-08 - DS-3032 accepted..............8-14-08 - Interview!!!

6-26-08 - NVC says my I-864EZ is not original Signature (BS!!!)

6-28-08 - IV bill invoiced online.

7-01-08 - Paid IV Bill online

7-01-08 - Re-sent I-864EZ

7-02-08 - IV Bill show "Paid"

7-02-08 - NVC Received I-864EZ, again!!

7-03-08 - Sent DS-230 via FedEx.

7-03-08 - NVC recieves and enters new I-864EZ

7-07-08 - NVC receives and enters DS-230

7-16-08 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

8-14-08 - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

8-19-08 - POE, Washington DC.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
sorry Rajaa.. can't offer you much help in this area.. but i read somewhere too that for K3, the beneficiary must be in the country where the marriage took place..hope somebody can shed more light..

Rajaa,

Here is an excerpt from USCIS website:

"The embassy or consulate where you, the spouse of an American citizen, will apply for a K-3 visa must be in the country where your marriage took place. "

Please see link below for more details:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2993.html

I hope everything works out for you.

thanks guys... i appreciate your help...

Yes, that is correct. Where you live or where you are a citizen does not matter. The paperwork goes to the consulate in the country WHERE THE MARRIAGE TOOK PLACE. so everything will go through the embassy in the country wher you were married. So if he goes to Spain, he will need to travel back for the interview.

My wife is a citizen of Peru, but now lives in Buenos Aires, and we got married there, so we are going through the embassy in Buenos Aires.

There are stories of people in the forums who went somewhere on vacation to get married thinking they would be using the consulate in their country where they lived. Then found out that it was the consulate where the marriage took place. So they had to travel back to the other country for the interview. And as far as I know you cannot get the consulate changed.

I think i understand but I am still happy for him... because he is making a "back up plan" lol. If we're denied he says I'll enjoy Spain more than Morocco...to live lol.

Steve Y Jessica

I noticed your time line was so fast!!! I am happy for you. But wonder why we havent' been touched???? but than again we filed near the end of the month.... i'll hold my breath. :unsure:

Yes, it was much much faster that we had ever imagined. Now we are trying to get all of her documents together, we started trying to get her documents from Peru a couple weeks ago thinking we would be ahead of the game, we weren't expecting a NOA2 until atleast the biginning of July.

Looking at your timeline, I would expect a touch on your I-129F early this week, then in a couple of weeks a touch on both petitions for them putting them together. Then a little while after that touch again, with an NOA2 on both.

There were alot of people who sent in their paperwork to CSC in April to the beginning of May who were getting approved in 3 to 4 weeks. I don't know what was going on at thet time, but it looks like it has slowed just a little. But not much.

I hope soooo.. I agree the CSC was on a roll now they seemed to have slowed again... I wonder if the one person making the difference has called out sick??? lol. :whistle:

Thank you for your positive thoughts... I also read just seeing a touch doesn't mean it's good. I am going with that train of though. Do you think it'll matter that I used two different pics for my husband??? I just thought of that.. one for our CR1 and one for our I 129f????

Actually, that is how it looks. There is one person doing most of the work, and now that person is on vacation. Because the approvals were being cranked out very fast for a while. But that person should be back from vacation soon and things will pick up.

Or maybe there were some new people working their buts off. But then when the other workers saw what they were doing, they told them to slow down because they were making the rest of the people look bad. :lol:

But the times that we see on this website are only people on VJ. And only the people that fill out their timelines.

You know I was thinking the same thing... half the office is looking at the new kid saying "someone tell him to slow down with these approvals he's making us look bad" I really feel bad for the poor newby just trying to do good job. Aahhhh to have a federal or state job.... oops bet that puts my wait back a couple more months.. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Great JJ....we're lucky and honored to have you here with us. Best of luck to you!!

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

guys, they still havent cashed my check...and i still havent recieved my NOA1. i sent my application on may 27th. i am getting curious as to what is going on...should i be worried?

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
guys, they still havent cashed my check...and i still havent recieved my NOA1. i sent my application on may 27th. i am getting curious as to what is going on...should i be worried?

cmnb,

Hang in there.....do you know the day your petition was received at Chicago lock box? Hopefully, this week will bring good news for you...

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Timeline

cmnb,

Hang in there.....do you know the day your petition was received at Chicago lock box? Hopefully, this week will bring good news for you...

it was recieved on the 29th...but around the same time Chicago lockbox address had changed (according to the website)....i just got the USPS delivery confirmation on saturday last week...ive been checking my bank account every few hours to see if they cashed the check....ive never wanted someone to cash my check this bad...lol

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

cmnb,

it was recieved on the 29th...but around the same time Chicago lockbox address had changed (according to the website)....i just got the USPS delivery confirmation on saturday last week...ive been checking my bank account every few hours to see if they cashed the check....ive never wanted someone to cash my check this bad...lol

If you look at the times from VJ it is taking 9 days at CSC and 13 days at VSC. I believe the little dude from Endor is working all of this in conjunction with making the estimations of when petitions may be apporved in the timelines a range not a hard and fast specific day. Not knowing where you will be headed it is hard to know which one you should be looking at.

Also if you look at the tracker sheet thirdsjen is keeping, the average of the people with listed NOA-1's is running 9 days. But then again some have as few as 2 days while there is at least one 20 day.

I took 8 days for NOA-1 but needed four additional days to receive a hard copy. I think you are in the mainstream for right now. I too would love to be one of the 3 week NOA-2 recipients but I am damn glad that I am not one of the two plus month NOA-1 people either.

Keep your head up and this too shall pass, as I believe others have stated.

Timeline

cmnb,

If you look at the times from VJ it is taking 9 days at CSC and 13 days at VSC. I believe the little dude from Endor is working all of this in conjunction with making the estimations of when petitions may be apporved in the timelines a range not a hard and fast specific day. Not knowing where you will be headed it is hard to know which one you should be looking at.

Also if you look at the tracker sheet thirdsjen is keeping, the average of the people with listed NOA-1's is running 9 days. But then again some have as few as 2 days while there is at least one 20 day.

I took 8 days for NOA-1 but needed four additional days to receive a hard copy. I think you are in the mainstream for right now. I too would love to be one of the 3 week NOA-2 recipients but I am damn glad that I am not one of the two plus month NOA-1 people either.

Keep your head up and this too shall pass, as I believe others have stated.

check cashed today!!! yaaayyy!!!:)

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:goofy: APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FILERS! :energy:

Hi everyone!

I'm just writing this lil' message to join this thread as i too am a May 2008 filer :thumbs:

... the waiting is in full bloom!

Yay! :dance:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0148ea9021.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
WE got our NOA1 today but the notice date was May 23rd. Whooo hoooo now it begins.

Whoa, we are almost identical. I saw that the notice said the 23 and your check was cashed on the 27th. That is the same as me for the I130!

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello May Filers! I am really excited when I write this and I think it is because we are all right about the same time in all of this. I will give you a little information about us. I met my hubby in August of 2005 while playing ffxi online. We became friends and eventually it progressed into more. He came to visit me in July of 2006 and gave me a ring. He and I were married here in Colorado on March 15, 2007. We didn't know all the ins and outs of how the immigrations stuff worked. So we really are behind in getting this ball running. The last day I saw my husband was March 29th, 2008 and we are supposed to have my baby taken by a scheduled c-section around August 19th. I sent my I130, but I sent it to Nebraska and I was supposed to send it to the Chicago lock box. SO I lost about 10 days there as you can see in my signature. I express mailed the I 130 to the Chicago lockbox on May 20 and they dated the NOA1 May 23, 2008 and I express mailed my I129F to the California Service Center on May 28 and they dated my NOA1 for the I129F for May 30. I am hoping and praying that there will be a quick turn around time for all of this and it is all approved, but I am tickled there is a thread for us to all keep up and in touch with other May filers!

:thumbs:

Edited by shiri

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

yay! see, cmnb? all it takes is patience.. it will happen. :) btw, what is your Service Center?

welcome, makaha and shiri! i'll also add you guys to the tracker..

Longbranch, remember how i said, Lakers in 5? ok, i changed my mind. LAKERS in 7. haha! or better yet, BOSTON in 7 cuz that's what it seems to be, according to the officials!! GRRRR!!!! they want this stinkin drama!!!! :angry:

Edited by thirdsjen

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

Timeline
yay! see, cmnb? all it takes is patience.. it will happen. :) btw, what is your Service Center?

welcome, makaha and shiri! i'll also add you guys to the tracker..

Longbranch, remember how i said, Lakers in 5? ok, i changed my mind. LAKERS in 7. haha! or better yet, BOSTON in 7 cuz that's what it seems to be, according to the officials!! GRRRR!!!! they want this stinkin drama!!!! :angry:

Hi thirdsjen,

i tried to read the endorsment part of the check this morning to see if i can get my receipt number but it was really hard to read. i was trying to figure out a number that looked like a 2 and then 7 and sometimes looked like a Z. i gave up in the morning having a little satisfaction that my check was cashed. like i have said before, never in my life have i been so happy making a payment to someone :P ...later during the day, i thought of giving this another shot....and luckily got in and created an account on the website...anyway, to make the long story short, my receipt was mailed out yesterday and the check cashed today. i am hoping to recieve the hard copy of NOA1 end of this week or early next week.

i have a question though, i see that a lot of you write "touched" on your timeline. is that how it appears on the website when you check the status?

also, want to welcome makaha and shiri to the forum...this is a great forum to be hooked on to...we have had very informative discussions in the past so even if you are not sure about the process (just like me) all the nice people here will be happy to help and provide feedback....especially for you shiri, i hope your baby brings in a lot of luck for you (maybe a little bit for all of us too :dancing: )and i hope you get to see your husband very soon..

Cheers!

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.