aijan

NOA1 -- "A" number??

13 posts in this topic

hello,

yesterday, my husband got the NOA1 letter... :dance:

we're now at the last stages of I-129F package preparation

we have a question concerning the "A" number ??

is the number assigned at the NOA1 letter an "alien number" (for the spouse)??

can we use it for the question 9 (part B of the I-129F)?? or put N/A??

thank you in advance

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
hello,

thank you in advance

i think we put N/A for that.

our timeline:

I-130:

sent 3/30/2006

noa1 4/6/2006

touched 4/8/2006

APPROVED!!! - noa2 7/10/2006

I-129F:

sent 4/25/2006

noa1 5/2/2006

touched 5/13/2006

touched 7/3/2006 - IMBRA RFE

APPROVED!!! - noa2 7/31/2006

received package 3 - 8/31/2006

faxed package 3 to vancouver - 9/5/2006

received package 4 - 9/12/2006 with an interview date of 9/25/2006

called for a specific interview date and got it!

INTERVIEW!!!!! - 10/16/2006

GOT K-3 VISA - 10/16/2006

WOOT DEE WOOT!

EAD:

sent 11/3/2006

noa1 11/13/2006

biometrics appt 11/28/2006

touched 11/29/2006

touched 11/30/2006

touched 1/20/2007

touched 1/23/2007

touched 1/24/2007

approved 2/12/2007

card received 2/17/2007

SSN:

applied 2/20/2007

card received 3/5/2007

AOS:

sent 04/08/2008

check cashed 04/17/2008

noa1 04/19/2008

biometrics appt 05/02/2008

case status appears online 05/02/2008

touched 05/05/2008

touched 05/06/2008

touched 05/16/2008

received interview letter 06/20/2008

interview 09/04/2008 - APPROVED!!!

card received 09/29/2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yep, you won't have an alien number as such yet, so just put None or N/A :)

aus1.gifheart.gifusa1.gif

Alina & James

2000 - Met online in yahoo chat rooms (had known cousin and brother for a year or two)

06-10-2005 - James visited Australia for first time on ETA- met in person

02-14-2006 - Engaged on Valentines day!

03-1-2006 - James returns to the US after 9 wonderful months visiting together

03-15-2006 - Realise we can't live without each other - James visits Australia again

03-24-2006 - I-129f express courier to TSC

03-29-2006 - I-129f package arrives in US, picked up by TSC 5:33am

04-05-2006 - Receipt Notice for NOA1

04-06-2006 - Money order cashed :)

04-11-2006 - Received NOA1 in mail!

07-04-2006 - Received notification that RFE sent on June 23 - Still waiting to actually receive in post.

We sent a letter to CSC to cancel our application. Can't afford repeated air flight tickets to see each other and there's no way we can be apart. Married and staying in Australia :)

Filed: Timeline

najia,

If your husband's I-130 Receipt Notice shows the A# (letter 'A' followed by 8 or 9 numbers) by your name, then yes this is the number that should be used to answer I-129F question B.9.

Not all Service Centers put the A# on the Receipt Notice. If your husband cannot find your A# on his Receipt Notice then either 'unknown' or 'none' will be fine for I-129F B.9.

Yodrak

hello,

thank you in advance

The US Citizen Petitioner should have the alien or A number. It is listed on the naturalization certificate. Also please look the the I-130 NOA-1. The petitioner's A number should be listed there too. However, the receipt number starts with three digits letter, i.e., WAC, is not the A number.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
The US Citizen Petitioner should have the alien or A number. It is listed on the naturalization certificate. Also please look the the I-130 NOA-1. The petitioner's A number should be listed there too. However, the receipt number starts with three digits letter, i.e., WAC, is not the A number.

That is not entirely true, as the US Citizen petition may be a US born citizen and will therefore not have an "A number" since they were not Naturalized.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I-130

1/3/06: Mailed Petition CSC

1/4/06: Package received per fedex.com

1/12/06: NOA 1

2/3/06: Touched

5/2/06: Received email notification that petition approved on 5/1/06

5/5/06: Received NOA 2 via snail mail

5/17/06: NVC issues case #

I-129F - K3

1/31/06: Mailed Petition to Chicago

2/3/06: Received

2/7/06: NOA 1

4/17/06: NOA 2 - Notified by email; petition approved on April 13th

4/20/06: Received NOA 2 via snail mail

5/19/06: Still waiting on NVC to receive approved 129-F....(what's the hold up)

6/10/06: Involved congress person

6/19/06: Rec'd letter stating that inquiry was made to both NVC and USCIS regarding status of my petition

6/21/06: Travelled to go see my better half (boy was I excited)

7/3/06: Left my love once again (hopefully we shall see eachother soonest)

7/10/06: Followed up with congress person

7/10/06: Notified case was sent to the wrong place (go figure...how does it take 90 days to push paper from one location to the next) and has now been forwarded to NVC

7/18/06: NVC received case and has now issued a case number

7/20/06: NVC forwarded case to embassy

7/28/06: Lagos embassy confirms receipt of case into system

8/1/06: Pick up packet 3 and 4

8/25/06: Interview Date

.png

I concur with Yodrak.

An 'A' number is applicable so answering N/A would be incorrect. You will be assigned an 'A' if you havent already, it just wont necessarily appear on your NOA1 receipt. 'None' or 'Unknown' would be appropriate.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

simple_male,

menefe is correct, and aside from that najia asked about the beneficiary's A# not about the petitioner's A#.

Yodrak

That is not entirely true, as the US Citizen petition may be a US born citizen and will therefore not have an "A number" since they were not Naturalized.

You are right. The born US citizens don't have A number. I should have mentioned that.

Anyway, The beneficiary should put "None," since he/she does not have any A number.

NVC Process of I-130:

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

simple_male,

Yes, she does have an A#, as a result of the I-130 petition that was filed on her behalf. She just doesn't know what the number is if it was not put on the Receipt Notice.

Yodrak

You are right. The born US citizens don't have A number. I should have mentioned that.

Anyway, The beneficiary should put "None," since he/she does not have any A number.

hello all

thank you for your answers.

frankly, i'm a bit confused about some answers.

well, in our NOA1 there is a number starting with WAC- - - - - - - - - - (+10#), what i understand from you, is that it's NOT the A# ??!! right... so, in question 9, should we put "N/A" or "none" ??

for my husband, since he got citizenship lately, so he can write his A# for the part related to the petitioner.

thank you again

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

naja,

Correct, the Receipt Number is not an A#.

But the question remains very applicable.

Yodrak

hello all

thank you for your answers.

frankly, i'm a bit confused about some answers.

well, in our NOA1 there is a number starting with WAC- - - - - - - - - - (+10#), what i understand from you, is that it's NOT the A# ??!! right... so, in question 9, should we put "N/A" or "none" ??

for my husband, since he got citizenship lately, so he can write his A# for the part related to the petitioner.

thank you again

Edited by Yodrak

The number starting with WAC is not the A#. It is the receipt number.

Yes, if your husband is a naturalized US citizen, he can write his A# for the part related to him. The item number on I-129F application is 8a for him.

Your husband, the US citizen petitioner should write "None" for the part related to you (Beneficiary). The item number on I-129F is 9 for you.

Edited by simple_male

NVC Process of I-130:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.