Vin

Please help advice on how to stop a K3 visa from being processed?!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello to everyone. I've been reading on this forum for approximately one year now and it seems that there are many knowledgeable people here. This is my first post and here is my problem. On February of 2007 I met a beautiful Cambodian woman that I fell in love with. I am Cambodian also but I've been in the US since 1975. Great country.

We got married on January 29th, 2008 and I've sent in forms I130 and 129F. The form 129F was just sent earlier this week (5-14-2008).

Now here is my problem. While I love my wife and want everything to work I think that she and her family are just using me for financial reasons. There were so

many red flags that went on before and after the marriage. Thoughts of being used come to my mind but I wanted to give my wife the benefit of the doubt. My family saw things that did not seem right but were hesitant to say anything because they knew that I love her. So much time, so much energy, and so much money were poured into this

relationship that I now feel is not real.

My heart is aching and I want to stop the immigration process. Please advice on what I can do and should do? What legal matters should I do?

Thank you so much.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello to everyone. I've been reading on this forum for approximately one year now and it seems that there are many knowledgeable people here. This is my first post and here is my problem. On February of 2007 I met a beautiful Cambodian woman that I fell in love with. I am Cambodian also but I've been in the US since 1975. Great country.

We got married on January 29th, 2008 and I've sent in forms I130 and 129F. The form 129F was just sent earlier this week (5-14-2008).

Now here is my problem. While I love my wife and want everything to work I think that she and her family are just using me for financial reasons. There were so

many red flags that went on before and after the marriage. Thoughts of being used come to my mind but I wanted to give my wife the benefit of the doubt. My family saw things that did not seem right but were hesitant to say anything because they knew that I love her. So much time, so much energy, and so much money were poured into this

relationship that I now feel is not real.

My heart is aching and I want to stop the immigration process. Please advice on what I can do and should do? What legal matters should I do?

Thank you so much.

Write to USCIS and ask them to withdraw your petitions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I had withdrawn a fiance petition 3 years ago. I sent a letter to the CSC asking them to withdraw. They sent an NOA2 anyways several months later. Honestly I think you are wasting time withdrawing the way they handle things at the service centers, if you do send a letter of withdrawal make sure to keep a copy for future reference if you decide to marry outside of the US again. Or just let it go through and dont follow through with packet 3.

Met in Medellin Colombia October 06

Was in Medellin 1 week every month for the the year

Married June 28th 07 Wedding in Bello ( applied for residence in Colombia, granted temporal residencia for 2 years.)

07/07/07 Sent i-130

07/17/07 NOA1

03/24/08 Touched

03/24/08 Called

04/17/08 Touched

04/23/08 Called again

05/14/08 Approved Email notification

08/14/07 I129f sent

09/20/07 NOA1

05/14/08 Approved Email notification

04/24/08 Touched

Need the i129 approval

USCIS required me to do a notarized letter stating I was withdrawing a K1 petition.

Example of being used! BIGTIME!!!

I know a girl who cheated (or maybe still cheating) her foreign bf this way. She was from my town and she's now living here in the US. But before her husband got her here, she was living in with her filipino bf. They had been in a relationship for 4 years or maybe longer. But when the American went to PI to visit the girl, she introduced the filipino as her cousin and made him believe it. The filipino bf even told me that if he could wait for her (after getting the citizenship), she would petition him to the US!!! :devil:

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

USCIS required me to do a notarized letter stating I was withdrawing a K1 petition.

I'm sorry things didn't work out, Vin.

If you send the letter, i'd definitely also get it notarised, as Haole said.

It's normal they'd ask this, USCIS wants to be sure that this really comes from you, and that it wasn't sent by someone else.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Example of being used! BIGTIME!!!

I know a girl who cheated (or maybe still cheating) her foreign bf this way. She was from my town and she's now living here in the US. But before her husband got her here, she was living in with her filipino bf. They had been in a relationship for 4 years or maybe longer. But when the American went to PI to visit the girl, she introduced the filipino as her cousin and made him believe it. The filipino bf even told me that if he could wait for her (after getting the citizenship), she would petition him to the US!!! :devil:

she is so evil

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'm sorry that things are not working out. If you genuinely believe that she is using you, and is not in love then I would write the letter.....but before you do, is it not worth talking to her about how you feel? There must be something that makes you believe she was worth marrying, even with the red flags you mentioned. If it's financial, then surely she can only have what you give her?

Maybe i'm worng, it's only an opinion......

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thank you for your advice and support. I've tried really hard to give my wife every benefit of the doubt....but I think the signs are really there...signs that I didn't really see

because I was (am) in love with her. Before I sent the money to her last November of 2007 ($8,000) to cover the weddding costs I asked my parents to call her and talk to her and try to get a feel of how genuine this relationship was. I didn't want to get caught up in this situation that I feel like I'm in now. Well, my parents didn't get to talk to

her but I'm don't think that it would have helped much.

I never gave it much thought back then but originally she wanted me to send $10,000 but I told her $8,000 was all I could do. We got married in a rual area in Cambodia and

my family from Cambodia and I estimated the total wedding cost to be approximately $3000-$4000. So I assume that the left over was split among her family members. I wouldn't mind this at all if there was love involved (For me that is).

Cambodia is a really poor country and I have heard of so many shocking things that people are willing to do to survive...selling their kids for money...kids in prostitution...

and perhaps getting married for financial gain and not be in love. Despite of how I feel now I love the people there and feel terrible that life seems so tough for them.

Legally, if I got married again in Cambodia do I need to provided divorce papers for USCIS or can I ask for or do a marriage annulment?

Once again thank you for your help and support.

Thank you for your advice and support. I've tried really hard to give my wife every benefit of the doubt....but I think the signs are really there...signs that I didn't really see

because I was (am) in love with her. Before I sent the money to her last November of 2007 ($8,000) to cover the weddding costs I asked my parents to call her and talk to her and try to get a feel of how genuine this relationship was. I didn't want to get caught up in this situation that I feel like I'm in now. Well, my parents didn't get to talk to

her but I'm don't think that it would have helped much.

I never gave it much thought back then but originally she wanted me to send $10,000 but I told her $8,000 was all I could do. We got married in a rual area in Cambodia and

my family from Cambodia and I estimated the total wedding cost to be approximately $3000-$4000. So I assume that the left over was split among her family members. I wouldn't mind this at all if there was love involved (For me that is).

Cambodia is a really poor country and I have heard of so many shocking things that people are willing to do to survive...selling their kids for money...kids in prostitution...

and perhaps getting married for financial gain and not be in love. Despite of how I feel now I love the people there and feel terrible that life seems so tough for them.

Legally, if I got married again in Cambodia do I need to provided divorce papers for USCIS or can I ask for or do a marriage annulment?

Once again thank you for your help and support.

Vin,

First of all, Im so sorry this is happening to you, my heart goes out to you. Now if you drop the petitions, you dont need to show USCIS divorce papers.

That is a civil matter. Just write to them and request the petition to be cancelled. You need to speak to a lawyer if you want a annulment. But as I said, you dont need to show USICS any divorce papers and or annulment in order for them to drop your pettion.

Good luck Vin, I pray you recover from this, and find the heart to love again. You sound like such a good guy, you deserve better then what has happened to you. But as we all know, we follow our hearts sometimes then listening to our heads. Your going to be okay

Oh when you find love again, and re-marry out of U.S. you will have to show USICS divorce papers or annulment papers if your "new" wife is a foreign national and you bring her here to U.S. Even if you being a foreign national ficance' here and you file with USCIS, you have to show USICS that this marriage was disolved.

Paris Heart

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.